• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Vincent's restarted 2014 glog***April 1st Pic Update***

I figured it was close enough to go ahead and start my 2014 grow. I have already sown many seeds and have a few seedlings as well. Some of you may have seen towards the end of my last grow I had an in-ground garden plot tilled. It's fairly large at 30' long by 25' wide, so it'll hold way more plants than I could ever use lol. I will fill it as much as I can without going overboard..... I am going to be growing the wilds in root pouches just for convenience mainly, I will overwinter all of them hopefully. I just don't want to have to dig them up and worry about damaging their roots. I have about 15-20 seedlings under the T5's right now along with a good bit ofs eeds I'mwai ting to pop up, and my lonely hydro plant (Yellow Daisy Cutter).

Here is a list of the seeds I've sown so far. The ones with a * beside it indicates that at least one has sprouted. This is definitely not a final list and will change constantly until mid January probably.

Forgot to add C. Parvifolium to that list. No sprouts yet though.

I will probably add

MOA Scotch Bonnet
Not Black Naga X Yellow Scotch Bonnet (my own cross, will not release)
My unnamed black hybrid (will not release)
7 pot Primo X (can't release)
7 Pot Jonah Yellow
7 Pot Chaguanas Yellow
7 Pot Rennie Red
7 Pot Rennie Brown
Brazilian Ghost Pepper
Cili Goronong
7 Pot Barrackpore Chocolate *pending trade*
Trinidad Scorpion VV7
Aji Pineapple
UBSC

There's a few more I can't remember. I am almost certain I will have to make some cuts, but I don't know which ones that will be lol. Some of them I'm only growing 1 plant just to (a)see if I like it, and (b) I'm runnning out of seed.

maximumcapsicum said:
Any drying out problems with the cubes? How well do the plants transition to soil afterward? 

Can't wait to start seeing some hooks!!
I don't have any problems with drying out. I keep maybe ⅓ inch of water in the bottom of the 1020 tray and have a humidity dome on top so it stays pretty damp, not too damp though. From what I read on the Oasis website, the cubes are designed to pull water away from the actual seed while the other part of the cube stays wet. Not sure how that works but seems to work.

The plants seem to be doing fine in soil. Like I said, I don't remove them from the cube because I wouldn't want to tear the taproot. What I do though is cut the thicker bottom part of the cube off right before I bury it in soil. Only reason I do that is so the roots don't have as far to go before they hit the nutrient rich soil.
Here's a few hooks/babies

Here's 2 brown Bhutlah, a red Bhutlah, and a red 7 Pot Lava

Trepadeira Do Werner

CGN 21500

Cmpman's Trinidad Viper X Purple Bhut F3

C. Chacoense

7 Pot Evergreen

I'm not sure I'm done sowing yet but here's the most current list of everything I have sown. It may seem like more than I can use, and it is lol. I give many plants away. I always give several to my mother, one of her coworkers, my across the street neighbor, and father-in-law. I sold a few plants on here earlier this year and I will do it again if I have extra after I give away what I need to.

OK, the list. The ones with the * next to it means at least one has sprouted.

Very nice Vincent!  The horticubes look like a winner!

PaulG said:
Very nice Vincent!  The horticubes look like a winner!
Thanks Paul, they really are. I have already said it but, I honestly don't think I will ever use anything else for germination. They just work so damn well.

This is obviously not my photo, but one from Facebook. Most of you should recognize the name though.

Very nice pics. The purple-stemmed seedlings are very nice. I like some of the mixed/variegated coloring on some of your plants. Will they lose that as they grow?

maximumcapsicum said:
Very nice pics. The purple-stemmed seedlings are very nice. I like some of the mixed/variegated coloring on some of your plants. Will they lose that as they grow?
Thanks, I'm not positive but I would imagine they'll lose it. I've never grown any of these varieties but just from what I've seen and read, they don't keep it

Nice start Vincent... I've not been here in a while and d@ng, everybody's starting their 2014 grow already.
I'm WAY behind

like the cubes, I'll try to find some.

Durham Bull said:
Nice start Vincent... I've not been here in a while and d@ng, everybody's starting their 2014 grow already.
I'm WAY behind

like the cubes, I'll try to find some.
Can't slack off around here man. You should definitely try to find some horticubes
Pinoy83 said:
lots of babies.......they'll be standing tall and looking good in no time :dance: 
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for anyways

Good stuff Vincent!! Love the wilds and all those unique hybrids and strains.

Hope you have an awesome 2014 season! :cheers:

-Walt

Edit: Where's the lance btw? Lol.

Vegas_Chili said:
Good stuff Vincent!! Love the wilds and all those unique hybrids and strains.
Hope you have an awesome 2014 season! :cheers:
-Walt
Edit: Where's the lance btw? Lol.
Thanks Walt, I will be receiving some awesome awesome seeds probably in a week and a half or so. Some Borg9, Yellow Daisy Cutter (have one in hydro already but it hasn't produced yet) red savina X Yellow 7 Pot, Pimenta Pink Tiger, Pimenta Puma, Trinidad Scorpion Green, Pimenta Leopard, Aleppo. I am getting some C. Exile And C. Flexuosum from Claudio Dal Zovo (Italian forum owner). I have already receivedand pla nted some 7 Pot Barrackpore Chocolate from a member here. The growlist has grown by a good bit lol.

The lanceolatum sadly died. It came up with helmet head, I moved it under the humidity dome to try to soften it up. After about 4 days it hadn't came off so I attempted surgery on it. I accidentally tore one of the cotyledons and it just never recovered

I hate helmet heads, I try and re-bury them, that hasn't worked....it's just a 50-50 proposition.

Will be watching for the new babies...

coheed196 said:
Thanks Walt, I will be receiving some awesome awesome seeds probably in a week and a half or so. Some Borg9, Yellow Daisy Cutter (have one in hydro already but it hasn't produced yet) red savina X Yellow 7 Pot, Pimenta Pink Tiger, Pimenta Puma, Trinidad Scorpion Green, Pimenta Leopard, Aleppo. I am getting some C. Exile And C. Flexuosum from Claudio Dal Zovo (Italian forum owner). I have already receivedand pla nted some 7 Pot Barrackpore Chocolate from a member here. The growlist has grown by a good bit lol.

The lanceolatum sadly died. It came up with helmet head, I moved it under the humidity dome to try to soften it up. After about 4 days it hadn't came off so I attempted surgery on it. I accidentally tore one of the cotyledons and it just never recovered
Wow very nice, so it's gonna get even more interesting :D. Can't wait to see them.

Dang sorry about the lance, seems that most go suicide. I ordered from Peter a while back and should be getting some lance to try out for myself and other wilds. I'm also working a trade with a guy in Spain for some flexsuosum and a few others. I might give them a try this year or the next... we'll see.

-Walt

Vegas_Chili said:
Wow very nice, so it's gonna get even more interesting :D. Can't wait to see them.

Dang sorry about the lance, seems that most go suicide. I ordered from Peter a while back and should be getting some lance to try out for myself and other wilds. I'm also working a trade with a guy in Spain for some flexsuosum and a few others. I might give them a try this year or the next... we'll see.

-Walt
Oh yes it will be interesting. I'm definitely going to try them this year. For one, they take forever to germ normally and two because even if they don't sprout till Feb or March, I can grow outside till Oct and I plan on over wintering any wilds I have anyways

Back