• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Easter Weekend Pasta Throwdown

Who has the best pasta dish?

• texas blues - TB's Margherita Lasagna

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • mel - Triple Chilli Frutti di Mare

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • gasificada - Spaghetti Tetrazzini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • heartbreakingdawns - Fra-talli Diavolo

• Buddah - Monkey Canyon Chicken Pasta Salad and 27 Chicken Pasta Salad

• salsalady - Salsalady's Zero-$$ Baked Ziti

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • WickedMojo - Grilled Shrimp Diablo

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pepper Ridge Farm - Sheephead Final 4 Pepper Medley Sauteé over Linguine

• PerkoXxX - Spicy Carbonara and Garlic Prawns

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Deathtosnails - Chocolate Lasagna with Cherry and Cayenne Coulis and Sauce Anglaise

• JayT - JayT's Strozzapreti with Chile Spiced Shrimp and Scallops, Spring Vegetables and a Taragon Cr

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • boutros - Boutros Bluefin on Pasta al Nero di Seppia

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WM's entry is a refreshing looking pasta. And it looks KILLER! Ain't no shame in losing to 'dat lovely HB&R dish. All very good entries I reckon. I've seen THP's cookin'......glad he didn't enter!!:lol:

Wow! Every single dish looks delicious. For me its a tough call between the Grilled Shrimp Diablo, and the Sheephead Final Four. Geesh.. this is hard! I'ma drink on it and vote a 'lil later.

A lot of people are digging that diablo I bet it will jump in the numbers soon. I like how this one kicked off with a lot of votes!

wayright said:
I'ma drink on it and vote a 'lil later.

Me too! Great work everybody, always interesting to see what y'all come up with. I thought there'd be twenty somethin entries on this one, there's so much to do w/ pasta. Funny on all the seafood. My second idea was another seafood dish.

Given that this is a pasta throwdown on a hot pepper website, and only one person did a homemade pasta that included hot peppers, that's where my vote is going. However, I gotta say that there were some incredible entries in this one!

Yeah salsalady's was the bomb for not shopping. She made her own hab ziti.

MORE VOTES PEEPS!

Awesome to see salsalady getting some votes. The more I think about it, the more I reckon her dish would have been my second choice. Homemade pasta, zero bucks spent, fresh salad on the side.... looks absolutely delicious, HSL!

Man have you folks taken this thing up a notch! There's plates in this throwdown that would give the old school Iron Chef's a run for the money. Damn! I wouldn't step away from any of these.

The first one got me though, TB's lasagna brought memories back of a Sicilian grandmother stirring the pot and folding noodles.

I do want to add a second vote, but I can't, to Deathtosnails desert pasta. Wow! Chocolate pasta....too cool.

Wow! What a contest! Thanks for the votes, and as others have said, every entry is worthy. I would chow down on ANY of them!

Nice turn out on votes, also.

I voted! And no, not for myself, lol. Couldn't decide last night... Had a lotta fun again- great dishes from great folks- lookin forward to the next! And many thanx to whoever voted for my go!

Love the slab of bluefin tuna slab you had with the squid died pasta. I didn't get the votes either but that's alright maybe most here know peppers but they don't know sheep about fresh tasty fish. That tuna looks perfect about perfect 20 sec. per side. One fisherman to another your plate looks as good as she gets. If you can get away I love to take you on a full day charter as my second mate I know you can pull it off. I take less qualified people all the time.

Cmon people. we need you guys to vote. so choose your favourite and vote for them. we dont want TB to win by too much. :)

I gotta agree with Cappy, that tuna looks awesome, also you should get +1 just for the cuttlefish ink pasta, Boutros your dish was underrated I thought it was brilliant.

mel said:
I think TB's taking it all the way home perk :) his lasagna is a clear win!

you are probably right, but we cant just let it sit here till he wins. we need people to vote so that we can be sure most people wanted it to win, not just 8 people.

I think salsalady just needed a better final pic. That pastas looks so great and so fresh
My vote goes to TB, now that's some rightous, cheesy goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back