• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Easter Weekend Pasta Throwdown

Who has the best pasta dish?

• texas blues - TB's Margherita Lasagna

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • mel - Triple Chilli Frutti di Mare

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • gasificada - Spaghetti Tetrazzini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • heartbreakingdawns - Fra-talli Diavolo

• Buddah - Monkey Canyon Chicken Pasta Salad and 27 Chicken Pasta Salad

• salsalady - Salsalady's Zero-$$ Baked Ziti

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • WickedMojo - Grilled Shrimp Diablo

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pepper Ridge Farm - Sheephead Final 4 Pepper Medley Sauteé over Linguine

• PerkoXxX - Spicy Carbonara and Garlic Prawns

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Deathtosnails - Chocolate Lasagna with Cherry and Cayenne Coulis and Sauce Anglaise

• JayT - JayT's Strozzapreti with Chile Spiced Shrimp and Scallops, Spring Vegetables and a Taragon Cr

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • boutros - Boutros Bluefin on Pasta al Nero di Seppia

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, TB! and Well Done Everyone!

What's next month?????????? :rofl:

Grats TB! good throwdown, but I must say Im honestly a little disappointed that mel's and boutros dishes didnt get more votes they were both beautiful, but all in all, hats off to everyone 'cause all these meals would be welcome on my plate :D

I'm not a huge seafoodie but after looking them all over again, I have to give props to PerkoXxX for that carbonara. His first Throwdown and that was out of the park!

Why not handicap the past winners a few points each if they want to keep entering the throwdown each month. This throwdown has become a clique of sorts and it will give others a chance, what you say THP? This will definitely encourage continued participation of these many great chefs in this forum to show up each and every month. Don't want a popularity contest each month. Yeah. congrat TB fine plate Hot, Blues, and Righteous!!!

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Why not handicap the past winners a few points each if they want to keep entering the throwdown each month. This throwdown has become a clique of sorts and it will give others a chance, what you say THP? This will definitely encourage continued participation of these many great chefs in this forum to show up each and every month. Don't want a popularity contest each month.:?:
Everyone that voted, voted for dish they liked best. Popularity? He one once. And you need to have more faith in the members that voted. I suggest if you don't like the way these go you don't enter any more.

No problem, I know I'm not the only one who's feeling this way. Take care of your friends THP, I get it.;)

stoufferslasagna.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
No problem, I know I'm not the only one who's feeling this way. Take care of your friends THP, I get it.;)

stoufferslasagna.jpg
Wow.

You're an ass plain and simple.

I may be I don't care. Still think you need to think about handicapping past winner to keep it interesting. No offense to TB what so ever just trying to make my point, Sorry THP!:)

I dont agree with handicapping... I think the throwdowns are an opportunity to try some creative cooking and have fun in the meantime :) throwdown weekends for me are great fun!! Sure, I'd love to win a crown sooner or later, but until I come up with that ultimate dish and the photography skills to take it down I'll keep on trying. THP gave TB just one vote, that means that another 8 people also thought it was the most awesome dish... closest behind was JT with 6 so even still, TB would have won. I think it just says that he cooked the best dish of the comp! (btw, JT has a crown too).

if you take a look over past throwdowns, more and more people are competing, so I say its a good thing... and bring on the competition!!! you dont want to win just cause someone else has won before and have been penalised for it...

Just poppin' in late style- job has me pretty busy... Congrats on the win TB! My wife woulda voted for you second throwdown in a row! (say woulda cuz she ain't a THP'er yet)

I'm too hmm... "medicated" ATM to get in anything else, but I just wanna say I enjoy these thangs and think of everyone who participates as friends here. Don't know who votes or how, but whatev- I just like seeing wtf yer all eatin'... Only been in two of these and still just gettin' my feet wet!

I would love to see a spicy meatball throwdown. You can use any kind of meat or sauce to create it. I love meatballs when they are done right whether it be the traditional Italian way, an Asian sweet and sour or the ol' swedish variety. It sounds like a real simple throwdown, but I am sure the creativity of this group would be inspiring. I wouldn't even compete, I would just hope to steal someones recipe. :P

That sounds like one you'd have to taste to judge since all meatballs look the same ;)

By the way suggestions are taken in the group.

I have steered clear of this conversation so far, but I would like to now weigh in as someone who has been in it since the start. Every competition has been different. Yes TB and I have won two as has DTS, but we have also finished in the bottom. The good folks here at THP vote with their eyes on each competition and the right person has won every time I think as normally the voting isn't really even that close for the winner. This was started by TB, AJ and myself I believe as a fun way to cook and post some friendly competition. It isn't meant to be a popularity contest or a reason to argue or fight. PepperRidgeFarm, I hate to call you out as you have been a friend to me in the past, but I feel you were out of line with your comments in the past few days. This is meant to be fun, there is no real prize just a pat on the back from fellow members. If it is a clique then so be it, that's really what it was in the beginning anyway. We are a friendly bunch who like to cook and eat. THP has kind of taken over as moderator as this has grown, just to keep everything fair and running smoothly, but it is impossible to play favorites as ALL the members have the opportunity to vote. If you look back at all the past winners I am sure that you will agree that this has been as fair as can be. I may not always like it as I think I should win every time :lol:, but it is. Sorry, for the rant, but I really don't think it's right that this conversation go on and tarnish TB's well deserved win.

Congrats TB, Are you a five star chef in disguise?

I too will add my part along with JayT , Mel and others.

I am an independent observer for all throwdowns (eventhough I am a vegetarian).
So far the voting has been very fair and it is fun process.
It is just the virtual crown that is awarded.
THP and other mods have all been very sportive,zestful and game for everything.
Let us keep it that way and keep this place as addictive as it is.

NJA

I don't know what you want me to say, but I sincerely appreciate your honesty Jay. I am sorry to Leslie and Dan and the whole crew here I just wanted to see some other people have a chance is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back