• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Easter Weekend Pasta Throwdown

Who has the best pasta dish?

• texas blues - TB's Margherita Lasagna

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • mel - Triple Chilli Frutti di Mare

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • gasificada - Spaghetti Tetrazzini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • heartbreakingdawns - Fra-talli Diavolo

• Buddah - Monkey Canyon Chicken Pasta Salad and 27 Chicken Pasta Salad

• salsalady - Salsalady's Zero-$$ Baked Ziti

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • WickedMojo - Grilled Shrimp Diablo

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pepper Ridge Farm - Sheephead Final 4 Pepper Medley Sauteé over Linguine

• PerkoXxX - Spicy Carbonara and Garlic Prawns

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Deathtosnails - Chocolate Lasagna with Cherry and Cayenne Coulis and Sauce Anglaise

• JayT - JayT's Strozzapreti with Chile Spiced Shrimp and Scallops, Spring Vegetables and a Taragon Cr

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • boutros - Boutros Bluefin on Pasta al Nero di Seppia

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Passow was still around I'm sure he'd be saying mooo...as everybody piles in to the Stouffer's Lasagna. Nothing against you or your plate TB but that lasagna is barely an inch thick. Cow mentality going on in here. I'd like to see somebody new win a throwdown for once instead of the same ol' people every month.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
If Passow was still around I'm sure he'd be saying mooo...as everybody piles in to the Stouffer's Lasagna. Nothing against you or your plate TB but that lasagna is barely an inch thick. Cow mentality going on in here. I'd like to see somebody new win a throwdown for once instead of the same ol' people every month.
These are fun competitions until comments like this. Sour grapes. Make better fish next time.

thehotpepper.com said:
These are fun competitions until comments like this. Sour grapes. Make better fish next time.

x2

However, I thought the fish looked good.....as did every other entry. I'm very glad I sat this one out.

The votes go to your comfort foods, not necessarily the best looking or most creative dish. I love red sauce dishes and almost went for Heartbreaking Dawns dish because it is something I can taste in my mind. Wicked Mojo was my choice because it hit the pleasure center of my brain. There are so many amazing looking dishes here, but I just had to vote what I would eat first if I had one choice. The dessert while creative, beautiful, and mouth watering, I couldn't pull the trigger on that one because when I voted I was hungry for a meal and not a sugar fix. lol True though. If I had just eaten dinner, then it would've been a whole different vote. :D

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I don't like burnt cheese.

You could never have survived living with my Mom as the cook. She would burn ice if you let her. I don't like burnt cheese either, but I am used to it.

TB wins crown #2. Congrats.

Congrats TB. A well deserved win. You were first to enter and first place. I would tear into a piece of that anytime!

And I just want to drop a shout out to my fellow voteless buddies... Word up! Awesome dishes! One day we gonna have our moment... make no mistake! :D

Very much obliged ya'll! Honestly didn't think I'd win this one. So many great entries and all. Thanks for numba' 2!!

YEEHAAAAAAAAWWW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back