• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! frydad4's Wild Waffle Throwdown

Vote for the best waffle creation.

• geeme - Is Dan The Man?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JoeyK - Aus-Espanya Waffle

• wheebz - wheebz giant waffle finger disaster

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is.....after much antici..........

.....pation:

The CIRCLE-H BRUNCH BEHEMOTH

:trumpets blasting:

This the most over-the-top monstrosity I have ever created. Basically, what we have here is a chicken-fried steak, next to a chicken-fried chicken, on top of two homemade buttermilk waffles, with fresh-sliced tomatoes, smothered in hot/cheesy mornay sauce, topped with crispy maple-smoked bacon, shredded asiago, and julienned habanero.

Oh yeah.....and a couple of skewers of CHICKEN-FRIED BACON!!! (man, I love saying that!!)

List of Ingredients:

Flour
Eggs
Milk
Buttermilk
Boneless chicken breast
Cube steak
Thick-sliced BACON
Tomatoes
Shredded Swiss cheese
Parmesean/Asiago cheese
S&P
Garlic Powder
Onion powder
Fatalli powder
Chili powder
Shake and Bake-type mix
Fresh orange habaneros
Fresh parsley
48 oz container of canola oil
Beer (taken internally)

The Hardware:

Oven
Stovetop
Wok-pan
Electric Dutch oven
Waffle iron
Wooden skewers
Glass dishes

We had an absolute BLAST making this meal......and took WAY too many photos, so here is the link to the entire album. It's a must see!!!

The REST of the photos!

Here are a few of my favorite shots:

The waffles!!...

100_2335.jpg

100_2337.jpg

Making chicken-fried steak and chicken fried chicken...

100_2359.jpg

Chicken-fried BACON........on a stick!

100_2365.jpg

The BUILD:

100_2389.jpg

100_2393.jpg

100_2395.jpg

The finished shots!:

100_2399.jpg

100_2400.jpg

100_2401.jpg

Yup......I laid the homerun swing on this bad boy....I only wish I could have posted more photos....so go check-em out!

I hope you guys enjoy!

Perko and Gee busting out the choco waffos
Geeme that looks so messy and good!!

Perko, your dish could be served in any gourmet restaurant!!!! That looked so tasty! I only wish there were more pics to enjoy.
I had to move my laptop around and walk around the room to simulate multiple camera angles. NIcely Done!!!

SL and Paul...words cannot describe how awesome those look.
Fried food, gravy, and waffles go so well together, something I've only recently discovered.
SL, that skillet is worth a vote just out of respect for it's many years of experience!! I am going to start looking for one of those.
Paul, looks like you guys made a night of it! Chicken Fried Bacon. I'm going to say that three times today, hopefully to unsuspecting bystanders.

Good waffles, all!!

Holy Mackrel, man I'm gonna have to kick butt today with all those dynamite entries. Hell I don't want to cook, just crawl through the monitor with a 30 pack of Keystone and start eating. :D Paulky, Chicken Fried Bacon. Heart Attack on a stick, love it. :crazy:

at 2 am i couldnt see straight

i remember talking to some of you last night on the chat, but i have no idea what was said

I Hope your all ready for the Fatmans Red Hot Raz & Daz.
Sorry no pancake grill so will turn the ordinary plain into something much better.

PUZjI.jpg

Geeme that looks so messy and good!!
BTW - no way I could eat that mess by myself at that hour (or probably at any hour), so slapped it in the freezer. The mountain of melty goodness is equally good frozen. mmmmmm Me no sharing.....

Uhm....uhm........I...that was just amazing! WOW!!! Everyone is looking awesome and I think this is going to be real hard to vote on. I would love to eat SL's for the main and then geeme's for dessert, or Paul's for the main course and then Perko's for the dessert. Argghh....The hell with it! Give me one of everything!!!! :lol:
Everybody's entrées are looking fantastic.

Well I just chopped off half my thumb, gonna prolly need stitches, ill go tomorrow, I got waffles to cook toinght, temporarily postponing throwdown.

Ah shit weebz that sucks, way to hang in there, TDs are important but?? Hope it's OK. Bet somebody make a sarcastic remark though :D Better watch my consumption so I don't do the same thing or slip and put my face into the waffle iron :rofl:

Well I just chopped off half my thumb, gonna prolly need stitches, ill go tomorrow, I got waffles to cook toinght, temporarily postponing throwdown.

I've done that. I actually cut off the tip of my thumb....including part of the nail. :shocked:

I asked the emergency room doctor if it would grow back.

:rofl:

I hope you're okay!

I've been there and done that numerous times. It sucks and hurts. Usually when I do that, it is part of my thumb and first finger all the way down to where I'm missing some of the nail. It just seems as though the knife sometimes moves faster than the hand does. Hope you'll be alright.

You boys shouldn't be playing with sharps - those are women's tools! ;o)

Hope you're all right, wheebz.

That looks awesome Geeme, I see the dime in the pic with the waffle iron its in the top right next to a twist tie :)

Im probably gonna sit this one out, just got home and dont feel like cooking, just gonna drink beer and watch football , maybe if I get motivated later I'll throw something together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back