• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! frydad4's Wild Waffle Throwdown

Vote for the best waffle creation.

• geeme - Is Dan The Man?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JoeyK - Aus-Espanya Waffle

• wheebz - wheebz giant waffle finger disaster

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This ogonna be a tough one, everyones waffle creations look great, I really FD4's cornbread jalapeno waffles with chili but then I like all the desert waffles as well, and Pauls looks fantastic I love some chicken fried goodness with gravy mmmm mmmm

The Fatmans Red Hot Raz & Daz. with Fatalii whipped cream and spicy raspberry sauce.

Raspberry sauce:
3 cups raspberry
3/4th cup sugar
tsbp vanilla
1 cup water
1/4 red wine
Two freshly picked hot peppers, small bhut hybrid & orange habanero finely chopped.

Place on the stove on medium and let it cook down till you have a nice thick consistency.

GUCkV.jpg

Home made Fatalii whipped cream:
1 thing heaving whipping cream
some vanilla
sugar
bunch of salsaladys fatalii hot sauce!

XTXMw.jpg

I got a little carried away with the melted chocolate.
NItTy.jpg

Drink of choice. I was trying to keep this as much like a breakfast as possible however it seems to be more like a desert. But very very tasty. This beer tastes just like banana nut bread and does not have an alcohol finish. I highly recommend for a desert type beer.
ln0iJ.jpg

Toppings,
Strawberries, blue berries, chopped almonds, vanilla bean ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate and kiwi. And yes there is a plain waffle down there. :dance:

e0HNL.jpg

I UNLEASH ........

THE WAFFLE OF DOOM!!! :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell:

bd1bdbfc.jpg

ingredients:
flower
eggnog
eggos
dipping chocolate
syrup(didn't use)
sprinkles
whipped cream
veggie oil
FATALI POWDER!!! :lol:

4c0ac361.jpg

melting chocolate to dip waffles in.

c22d17d7.jpg

mixing up ingredients for deep frying batter.(yellow dots are fatali)
Ingridents for batter:
eggnog
vinegar
baking soda
salt
veggie oil
flower

af8e86b5.jpg

waffles after dipping in chocolate (with fatali)

68c993f6.jpg

dipping chilled chocolate dipped waffle in batter for deep fryer

799f22b2.jpg

putting chilled chocolate dipped batter dipped waffle in oil.

ecb63ed9.jpg

drizzling chocolate over chocolate dipped batter dipped deep fried waffle

4f10c95a.jpg

And finally the fuufuu'd up waffle of DOOM!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was awesome!!!!! :lol: :lol:

LOL!!!!!! Salsakid's going to win because of the SPRINKLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Great entry!!! Deep fried spicy chocolate eggo!!!!! Great idea!
Can you show a cross-section??

Everything looks awesome!

NItTy.jpg

Drink of choice. I was trying to keep this as much like a breakfast as possible however it seems to be more like a desert. But very very tasty. This beer tastes just like banana nut bread and does not have an alcohol finish. I highly recommend for a desert type beer.
ln0iJ.jpg

Toppings,
Strawberries, blue berries, chopped almonds, vanilla bean ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate and kiwi. And yes there is a plain waffle down there. :dance:

e0HNL.jpg

You should also try the Founders Breakfast Stout. Not so much a dessert beer as it is very coffee-ish but a GREAT beer. That banana nut bread beer sounds awesome.

ok im gonna post up pics when I get my camera back

it might be a little past the deadline, but i had to get this finger sewed up, so hopefully you can cut me some slack

wheebz! so sorry to hear about the hand! So just to clarify, you'll be posting pictures of the injury, right? OOPS! Sorry! My bad,... pics of the FOOD on the way! You didn't make a sushi waffle, did you?

:lol: Just kidding! Hubby can't even watch those reality TV shows of the hospital ERs, he gets grossed out.

Pauly, you and I, back to back bacon and gravy posts. great minds~~~ :cool: How did Retta like it? Looked like she was having fun also.

And the back to back sweet waffles posts from LazinFat and Salsakid! :)

SalsaKid's entry is all his own idea. Right after learning what the TD was, he said " Oh I know! You should make a deep fried waffle on a stick with chocolate and whipped cream." I said "that's a great idea, why don't you do it?" and that's all it took. I helped him by finding the batter recipe and telling him not to drop the battered waffles into the hot oil from 2 feet above. The rest is all him. The original title was "heart-attach on a stick" but the stick thing went by the wayside. I do like that spicy-sweet flavor with the fatalii in the chocolate and on the whipped cream.

Geeme, Perko, LnF, I think I've gained 5 pounds just from osmosis from looking at everyone's scrumptious entries. (It probably doesn't help that we cooked up more waffles today and had some more Redeye gravy on waffles.)

Great work from everyone so far!

Looking forward to the last entries~~~~

DTS's Tower of Choc Power

Triple stacked plain waffles with choc mousse topped with a chargrilled birdseye and strawberry sauce.

Choc mousse: eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, dark choc, cream
Strawberry sauce: Strawberry jam, white wine reduction and chargrilled birdseye (no seeds, skin etc)
Garnish: whipped cream and choc.

Some ingreds.

PB090623.jpg

Tower of Choc Power

PB090628.jpg

DTS- is your "day job" as an executive chef or pastry chef somewhere???

WOW!

lol, i just whacked it together this morning in about an hour and a half. I wasn't even sure what it was going to be. Happy with the end result though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back