• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Stick It! Official Thread

Best Food On A Stick?

• ImpyChick's Scotch Egg On A Stick

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Blister's Chicken-Tater-Stick (didn't see a name)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • texas blues' Chicken Fried Punji Steak

• moyboy's Chilli Mango Chicken On A Rosemary Branch (aka Pippy's Chick-O-Stick)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • ImpyChick's Spiked Coffee On A Stick

• chilehunter's CornPoppers

• moyboy's Violet Crumble Cheese Cake Balls

• ring sting's Sky Rocket Chicken

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • frydad4's Florida Key Lime Lobster With Beercicle

• SumOfMyBits' Spicy Conch Fritters On A Bread Stick With Red Rum Sauce (aka Conch Balls Of Fire)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • QuadShotz's Buffalo Meat Pies On-A-Stick

• Noshownate's Smokey Sticken Dog

• THP's Pig In A Pretzel (aka Kevorkian Pretzel)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • texas blues' Cheezy Chix Roulade's On A Crutch

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quad, props to the pile of meat holding up the 'magic spatula'. Had me lookin' real close for a moment there. Pulling off the Food on a Stick feat with everything browned in a skillet first was an even better trick. Good show and a crushed Busch Light can in the air for you.

SumOfMyBits said:
Quad, props to the pile of meat holding up the 'magic spatula'. Had me lookin' real close for a moment there. Pulling off the Food on a Stick feat with everything browned in a skillet first was an even better trick. Good show and a crushed Busch Light can in the air for you.

Thx!

Yeah, that was accidental, but funny...so I took a pic of it....nice thick meat stuffinz there 'fo shure. :)

Thread cleaned up. The more jokes the less entries people can see.

moyboy said:
I'm not eyeballing anyone.......I just misread your first post in this thread so I only put up 1 pic of each dish.......now I wish I'd taken heaps of prep photos like other people....cause the more pics you have the more exposure your dish gets.....

If it's good enough to win then you should only need one piccy Pip!

PREP PIC
IMG00249.jpg

I misunderstood the pic rules too. I thought the rules meant teaser pic & one final pic. I wish I would've taken more pics now :(. I did snap a pick of the Scotch Eggs before I put them into the oven. I added that to my post.

Anyhoo...LOBSTER ON A STICK!!!!! That's amazing. And everyone else is coming up w/ some awesome stuff as well. I love this throwdown!

NATE'S SMOKEY STICKEN DOG

Oh yeah ingredients,(what i had) garlic, jalapeno, orange hab, sundried poblano(ancho)crushed, shredded pepper jack, bacon, two dogs, chicken breast, cayenne powder,garlic powder,s+p, jamaican jerk seasoning, the end piece of a loaf of wheat bread.
soo, i par boiled the dogs, made my chicken mixture, sparked up the grill. soaking skewers and mesquite chips. I chilled the chicken mixture before coating dog.Then put the sticken dog's in a thin tin tray with a little oive oil just in case didnt want to hold together,
action photo!
IMG00252.jpg

browned one side then put directly on grill
smoked for like 15 min tops. then bam!!!!
IMG00253.jpg

had to have corn with tha dawg.
IMG00254.jpg

HOLY! vetty nice.

PIG IN A PRETZEL

What?

1. Cheese/Parsley Sausage made into a pretzel shape
2. Grill
3. Wrap in Pepperoni
4. Grill over indirect heat so the Pepperoni shrinks around it, then chill it briefly
5. Press roasted Red Poblanos and Green Jalapenos into Pillsbury Breadstick strips
6. Wrap the Sausage and skewer it up the middle with a fat bamboo skewer
7. Grill over indirect heat at 350 degress on foil with Olive Oil and Butter
8. When golden brown, hit it with some Butter and Coarse Sea Salt.
9. Take off grill and spread Porter Honey Habanero Mustard on it.
10. EAT THE BAD BOY!

attachment.php

Attachments

• PigInAPretzel.jpg
    PigInAPretzel.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 141
I hadn't looked through this thread till now. Nice entries! Dat pie is kewl QS.

Don't know which entry is the kewlest, but that Kevorkian Pretzel is one of the craziest Food on a Stick I've seen so far. Good show THP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back