• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! The Best Meal I Ever Ate TD

The Best Meal I Ever Ate Was...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case of a tie, we...
A. Cut the crown in half with a hack saw.
B. We forfeit the crown to the one with the next highest votes = FD4
C. Revote, (howz that work for SoFlo?) heh heh
D. Rematch 'head to head' style
E. Call it a Draw... no crowns handed out
F. Call it a Draw... 2 crowns handed out
G. Flip for it

The Kid voted! He likes breakfast food.

In the case of a tie, we drink and wait for another day of voting to go by. At least that's the way it has worked before. :beer:

Thanks for the vote Texas Blues, I think my wow factor was probably based as much, if not more, on my mood than the dish itself (although it was massive, presented very well, and the chicken tasted absolutely amazing).
This is a picture of the original:
5.jpg

JayT: Holy shit does that queso looks incredible! I just got back from the grocery store, but I'm contemplating going and getting some cheese and tortillas and whipping up an inferior version of that!

Wow you recreated that well! Your presentation is much nicer though.

I can't stand the suspense. I am going to the bar. I will be back after this is over. Cheers everyone.

(Actually, I am in a pool league and I play every Tuesday night.)

JayT's is crazy! Just read it all. That's a lot of work, and memories.

Hey SD, you have a one-vote lead with 2 hours (or so) to go...

how are the nerves???

Have you moved on to the hard stuff yet??

Gotta love the drama!!!!

(for the record, I hope you win...but I hope someone ties it up first, and then you get a last minute vote around 9:55 et...to "earn your stripes")

:)

Hey SD, you have a one-vote lead with 2 hours (or so) to go...

how are the nerves???

Have you moved on to the hard stuff YET??

Gotta love the drama!!!!

(for the record, I hope you win...but I hope someone ties it up first, and then you get a last minute vote around 9:55 et...to "earn your stripes")

:)

You rock FD4, Yeah, Yet I started about 1.5 hours ago..... I LOVE THP :banghead:
I somehow know it ain't over, JT really should take it.
But I want it pretty bad...

edit: P.S. Boss hasn't voted...

Thanks for the vote Texas Blues, I think my wow factor was probably based as much, if not more, on my mood than the dish itself (although it was massive, presented very well, and the chicken tasted absolutely amazing).
This is a picture of the original:
5.jpg

JayT: Holy shit does that queso looks incredible! I just got back from the grocery store, but I'm contemplating going and getting some cheese and tortillas and whipping up an inferior version of that!

I agree with THP. Yours looks better!

He can be bought.

You have 44 minutes to sign a 1 year contract to advertise on this site at a "special" rate.

RM, good call with the indoor grill.

Most people don't know that Joe Frazier had the original idea for the 2-burner indoor griddle.
It was originally called the "Grilla in Manilla", and it was going to be sold for Green Stamps to be earned at local supermarkets.

Foreman acquired the rights to the patent when he won the heavyweight title from Joe Frazier in Kingston, Jamaica, in 1973 (quite an upset it was).
George sat on the idea for awhile, and after his boxing career was over, he started his second phase as a spokesperson for a product he stole with a strong uppercut.

A fine tribute indeed. I shall overcook the outside of a hamburger patty in his honor!

He can be bought.

You have 44 minutes to sign a 1 year contract to advertise on this site at a "special" rate.

RM, good call with the indoor grill.

Most people don't know that Joe Frazier had the original idea for the 2-burner indoor griddle.
It was originally called the "Grilla in Manilla", and it was going to be sold for Green Stamps to be earned at local supermarkets.

Foreman acquired the rights to the patent when he won the heavyweight title from Joe Frazier in Kingston, Jamaica, in 1973 (quite an upset it was).
George sat on the idea for awhile, and after his boxing career was over, he started his second phase as a spokesperson for a product he stole with a strong uppercut.

A fine tribute indeed. I shall overcook the outside of a hamburger patty in his honor!

True Story

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: - Shamon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back