spirits Who's Aging Beers Here?

You never have to go first thing when you wake up? :lol: Yea, not all of it made it overnight..but you could always pass out and then wake up with all of it still hanging in there.

Had some good ones though, particularly victory storm king imperial stout and weyerbacher heresey oak aged imperial stout. A non stout beer I had that was pretty good was clipper city heavy seas below decks barley wine style ale. I never used to like barley wine style ales, but they have been slowly creeping into the realm of beers I like to drink.

That's how it was at OCS when we would be drinking gallons of water every day and particularly at night so we were plenty hydrated for the morning fun that was to come.

Sadly, I won't be able to take another crack at aging some beers for a while. Fortunately I can still enjoy plenty of them for now. I'm greatful to be back in a location that has a Total Wine & More. The one here in Norfolk doesn't have quite the selection of the ones down in Florida, but at least it has some different beers that aren't on sale down there. Gonna pick up a 6 pack to take over to a friend of our families' house to go with some steaks on the grill. After that, I'll probably be picking up some other beers for myself at the hotel.

One thing about VA is that they can only sell liquor in liquor stores...so this Total Wine doesn't have a convenient scotch isle. :(

On a completely unrelated note, I wonder what the hell Ross has been up to.

So is this beer or lager? I suppose I accidentally aged a bottle of some kind of beer/lager. It came from Belgium, it had a picture of a pink elephant on the label, it was called Delirium Tremens, well something like that. I only kept it because I liked the bottle.

rainbowberry said:
So is this beer or lager? I suppose I accidentally aged a bottle of some kind of beer/lager. It came from Belgium, it had a picture of a pink elephant on the label, it was called Delirium Tremens, well something like that. I only kept it because I liked the bottle.
You can age both, but it does come with conditions. Higher abv, helps to be bottle conditioned (ferment in bottle, small bit of sediment at the bottom), and must be kept in a specific temperature range.

DT can be aged.

rainbowberry said:

NICE!! Thats one of my absolute faves...and yes, i do believe you can age the Tremens. Did you like it when you drank it? I couldnt age the stuff ever....i couldnt even begin to resist pounding it down.

Sickmont said:
NICE!! Thats one of my absolute faves...and yes, i do believe you can age the Tremens. Did you like it when you drank it? I couldnt age the stuff ever....i couldnt even begin to resist pounding it down.

Hah yea, it is tasty! The trick for me being able to age beers was to buy more than one...drink one, age the other. If I was ever tempted down the road to drink the other one, I would either go out and buy another one, or just get something completely different so the aging one could carry on aging.

I am proud to say I have not opened a single beer since I've started aging them in January....but some of the ones will be opened soon for a virticle tasting.

xgrafcorex said:
Hah yea, it is tasty! The trick for me being able to age beers was to buy more than one...drink one, age the other. If I was ever tempted down the road to drink the other one, I would either go out and buy another one, or just get something completely different so the aging one could carry on aging.

Man, when it comes to Delirium Tremens, do you have any idea how many i'd have to buy just to age one that way? It'd be about a dumptruck load easy.

Sickmont said:
Man, when it comes to Delirium Tremens, do you have any idea how many i'd have to buy just to age one that way? It'd be about a dumptruck load easy.

Mmmmmm....dumptruck full of good beer.......

imaguitargod said:
Mmmmmm....dumptruck full of good beer.......

ya, if i ever hit the lottery, you'll see me on TV with a big ass Freightliner dumptruck backed up to the liquor store(and a shitload of day-laborers to help load it):lol:

Sickmont said:

I was only a young teenager when someone gave it to me and I put it in the cupboard beside the Brandy, Cinzano, Martini, Gin, Bailey's and Malibu bottles. It stayed there for so many years until my Mum chucked it out, so no, I never got the pleasure of drinking it.

rainbowberry said:
I was only a young teenager when someone gave it to me and I put it in the cupboard beside the Brandy, Cinzano, Martini, Gin, Bailey's and Malibu bottles. It stayed there for so many years until my Mum chucked it out, so no, I never got the pleasure of drinking it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!1

rainbowberry said:

Time to go buy another one(and go slap your mum for me also):lol:

Sickmont said:
ya, if i ever hit the lottery, you'll see me on TV with a big ass Freightliner dumptruck backed up to the liquor store(and a shitload of day-laborers to help load it):lol:

Ha! I pictured one of those semi truck gas/liquid tankers with a big DT logo on the side. :lol: Which I'd have made if I had photoshop on this laptop.

Sickmont said:
Time to go buy another one(and go slap your mum for me also):lol:

I've never seen them for sale. I was given it by a Dad of some boy I knew, yeah I know so responsible. He had a massive stash of all sorts of drink, not to mention his videos in the garage that he thought his son and friends couldn't access.

xgrafcorex said:
Ha! I pictured one of those semi truck gas/liquid tankers with a big DT logo on the side. :lol: Which I'd have made if I had photoshop on this laptop.

Nice! A tanker with pink elephants floating all over it!:lol:

Back