spirits Who's Aging Beers Here?

imaguitargod said:
THC degrades pritty fast, I wouldn't imagine that brew to be very potent at this point....but that's not to say that I haven't been thinking about brewing one of those!

Yeah, we found out after the fact that THC is not soluble in water.... although there is some debate to that...

imaguitargod said:
So, I’ve started down another hobby. Aging beer. I thought I might post the lists of beers I have aging in the basement and see if anyone else here is doing the same thing. Here’s the ones I have going:

Heavy Seas - Small Craft Warning (Über Pils)
Stone 07.07.07 Vertical Epic
Great Lakes Brewery Blackout Stout (two bottles)
Palo Santo Marron by Dogfish Head Brewery

I just started the ordeal recently and will be continuing to add to the collection.

I have the 03,04, and 05 in my basement. I've give my left nut for a few bottles of 02

imaguitargod said:
THC degrades pritty fast, I wouldn't imagine that brew to be very potent at this point....but that's not to say that I haven't been thinking about brewing one of those!

Caustic Casey said:
About 8 years ago we brewed a very strong ale and used the "whacky tobaccy". Hence the name, "Marley Wine".

You can probably imagine how that brew session went... I still have one bottle left.

Anybody remember when Jack from Threes Company found some pot growing somewhere and said "this is what they make beer from" and proceeded to make beer of it (and spitting out seeds while drinking it) and he gave some to Mr. Roper and than they all found out that it was pot and that Mrs Roper used it in her flower display for the competition and lost because Mr. Roper threw clay on it only to find out it was some other weed that she used and Jack got arrested while riding his bike because he really DID have the pot in his beer??

ahhh yeah.

good times. :)

Doing an old winter ale (Barley based) my first one been bubbling for a few weeks..Im praying it will come out fine :(

As Moyboy said........ i ......... um....... was aging a Belgian lambic. It made it to 12 months and had a used by of 20 years from the bottling date being 2027. I just had to try it.... haveing never tasted a lambic.

Wow... its was sour and funky and very interesting.

I also have a bottle of Cherry Lambic which will make it till xmas when a home brewing friend visits and we crack it. Its got a used by of 2017

I have some English Style Old Ales that are 3 years old and have won me many awards...... bloody nice drop too.

cheers

I also have a few brew's aging. Mostly Imp. Stouts, Barleywines, Belgian Strong Dark Ales, Russian Imperial Stouts, Wee Heavys. Checkout Beer Advocate for some great info on aging/cellaring beer.

Back