• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

year five? timmmys grow

Nova could always try :) and video it lol

Here's the spray I used on the aphids http://www.sagehort.com.au/product/view/?name=3435

haha I just read the instructions and it states" don't use on plants of the pepper family" woops

The confusing thing is that last year I had aphids and used this product and it did nothing so gave up on it.

This time round it was all I had in the house so I just used it for a temporary measure but it absolutely nuked all of the aphids on the first spraying.

:crazy:

no neem at this point Nova but the spray does have some form of oil in it.

each spray treatment is supposed to last for two weeks so I'll keep an eye out and if they come back I'll go get some Neem oil :beer:

I just went out and bout some starter material for seedlings, I might start transplanting some of the little seedlings from the mystery pot.

Went and bought some oil to spray the aphids with, gave emm a good coat this afternoon after the sun settled. The plant is looking a bit drained but it should pull through easily.

I had a read of the Neem Oil label and it had a nasty warning so I grabbed something else.

Hmmmm first day at my new job tomorrow, little nervous but should be an experience :)

Timmmmy

What a s@%# day at work, time for a :beer:

I can't remember exactly how the label read but it said to never use on plants that you intend on consuming fruit from. It wasn't a wait two days or wash it was a flat out never do it remark.

What I bout said to wait 1 day and wash before eating fruit.

What oil did you use, Timmma? It wasn't Eco-Oil, was it?? :eek:

I had a bad experience with it recently.... that stuff seems to leave a permanent coating and I think it's causing my plants to drop their leaves. :(

Ordered some of them 7 Pod Burgundy's myself from Judy the other week. They do sound good!

I used pest-oil from Yates, it's left an oily residue but without that it wouldn't do anything to the bugs. I re-checked the label and there wasn't any warnings to clean off the plants at all

Humongous 7pod's just sound too good, I figured I'd give them a go and see for myself :)

Sounds like an over kill warning to me. Kinda like dont use a women if ya dont wanna get screwed kinda deal.
If the warning is true it means the poison is systemic (spl?) meaning it gets IN TO the plant. I have used neem for ages and have only been arrested for half of all "offences", can't be that bad.

Sooooooooooo what a hard week at the new job, one day to go and I can't wait.

The good news is I have a few little seedlings happening, late I know but ooh well maybe they'll get a chance to develop into a good sized plant before the end of the season.

decseedlingstart003.jpg

I just made a slight change to my seedling container, I added a raised shelf underneath the jiffy pots. It now has a 1cm deep pool of water at the base that isn't touching the seedlings pots so it should stay fairly humid inside :) without the seedlings getting to wet.

Forgot;Novaaaaa Omri also posted or replied to a question about killin bugs and he noted that Neem has a poison of some form in it, could be worth chasing up.

Time for a :beer:

Lol couldn't hurt hey :)

Started updating my website this afternoon and added a grow log in there. I'll try to keep it updated as I go this season.

:dance:

Will be a race Gas to see who gets the first burgundy pod :)

I never have that much luck with seedlings so zero moneys on the table lol

The fatalii with the Aphid oil on it got a bit sunburn't this week. I guess that makes sense.

OOO I have my first Douglah pod for the year happening, the little sucker has probably grown 2cm in under a week :)

I updated my website grow log this morning :)

:) yeah sweet as, I went out to take photo's of douglah flowers and the first thing that caught my eye was a pod. I didn't expect that at all.

Just added a nice free desktop wallpaper onto the website.

:dance:

I put two more in a Jiffy pot that was rolling around my backyard yesterday Gas, if they sprout that should be an even matchup :)

But yeah I'm in the same senario, weathers been cold and wet this season so there's not much happening in the backyard.

Back