Yellow Bhut Jolokia - ChileSeeds

Yellow Bhut

I have done nothing but tell the truth. You call me a backyard grower and tell me I need to take meds. I will not respond to your name calling. I sold the seeds you sold me. I do not need a refund unless I get a complaint. You make accusations that you cannot prove. I on the other hand can show proof to anyone that contacts me of what I do and how I do it. You on the other hand cannot. I am not someone so special as you say I think I am. I have never told anyone how great I am only how I do things. So keep insulting me it only proves my case about your ethics and integrity. The more defensive you get the worse you look. Have a nice day:)

Sorry I have got to say this Habanero500....wouldn't it be more polite to introduce yourself in the proper section first rather than to push your way into this forum throwing accusations all over the place

If Jim D/Habanero500 is who I think he is, I had a great experience buying seeds from him recently. I also had a great experience buying seeds from Dave recently. Both sets of seeds will be sown tomorrow morning, along with the remainder of my 2010 grow season from other seed sources.

I think we may have two different purveyors that have differences with each other and their methods. Both Habanero500 and Dave have made good points, and all serious pepper growers should be cognizant of the issues raised here. However, I'm not sure that the tone of the conversation was appropriate for the location in which the conversation is taking place.

Personally, I'd recommend that both Dave and Habanero500 stop the name calling and other unnecessary posting material, and handle their differences offline. The conversation on cross pollination, stabilization, and its effect on future pepper crops is relevant, and I'd like to hear more on the topic from both these growers, but without all the other stuff.

I'm not on the defensive anymore Jim, You have switched that role to yourself. The important thing here is... long before you joined this forum (Today) I posted a detailed, truthful statement about this chile, how it came about, what I wrongfully said and then apologized. I think I did the right thing. I really didn't get much flack from anyone on here. A couple of comments, mostly positive. Now here comes Jim ....... And he is gonna make things right and save the chile pepper world from the evil farmer in Oregon. Sorry ..... but you look like a real ass right now. Your posts get more and more intense and you seem quite agitated. Have a Margarita, Bong, Vicodine whatever you need and chill out!!!

Now here's a challenge for you Jim, You have said three times that I should give people their money back. I am telling you that I will refund the money to you Plus shipping for the "YELLOW BHUT JOLOKIA SEEDS THAT YOU BOUGHT" 2 packs of 10+ seeds. (I sent you extra so I want those back too) I will do that through Paypal. Surely you still have those right Jim? I mean you wouldn't have turned around and sold those to someone would you? Didn't think so. So how about it? Since you are so pissed off why don't you start it off. You get a full refund before anyone. Your move.

Your truth is flawed because you can even quote the things I wrote accuratlely. Despite what you think of yourself, you don't know everything there is about the cultivation of chiles. Even the Hydroponic ones you grow in your backyard. (I still can't figure that out....No dirt back there?) I'm still barely warmed up so keep it coming. I'll respond to your raving rants between filling orders for seed customers. get a life!!! LOL

Nova Hothead I totally agree.... although I do not see any real name calling. I would not have posted these responses if the original message had not been left publicly. Which was VERY inappropriate.

The name calling from both parties seems rather fruitless to me. But, I am somewhat interested in knowing if anyone has actually grown these seeds and what the end results were.

Alan

Ooh, this is so continueing… But I’m tryin’ to make a bit of sense out of all of this!!

Dave has sold/swapped seeds from something that is said to be a mutation or (claimed) a cross of Bhut Jolokia yellow.

Well, if it looks, smells, and tastes like a yellow Bhut Jolokia, it is a yellow Bhut Jolokia to me… Crossed or mutated!! Two years ago most people would have been nodding their heads if they were told of orange or yellow 7 pods, yellow/orange/green/brown Scorpions… But, if it dosen’t come out as a yellow Bhut Jolokia, there will be trouble.

What I’m trying to say – If this turns out to be a scam, Dave’s out of business and he know’s that. Changing to another name will always be revealed (Just see Reimers “European unit” called “Seeds by size” … Even the same spelling mistake, and nobody’s buying!!) So unless he’s really short-termed, he has faith in his product.

On the other hand, I’ve too often on other forums seen posts from “Habanero 500” belittle other seed-sellers (both European and American), and only trying to bring focus to his seed-shop. This is unfortunate, as it really motivates the question, why the criticism?

With this knowledge, I don’t know what or who to believe??

Let’s see how the seeds turn out - Perhaps some of our Australian friends growing yellow Bhut Jolokia as we speak can tell us in a short time??

Best t Wishes René

Well, I don't think anyone can say what it is as it was only discovered in September of 2009. No pods have ripened from the seeds that were sold yet. Our friends in 'Oz will be the first to know, and us in the States in about 6 months or so. It will be interesting to see the variation of the pods, colors, etc. If it is indeed a mutation, then they all should be essentially the same. I just had my first one to sprout today, so I have a while yet to see for myself.

jacob

Problem solved

:think: Lets have all seeds swapped and sold be given a DNA test and have a government agency certify the purity of our seeds. No seeds will be sent without a copy of their authenticity. Of course the price of seeds may go up slightly, but we will sleep more soundly!!

mark:lol:

I don't think it needs to go that far.:lol: But on the other hand, ethically, you shouldn't be selling if you don't know what you have. But as long as there are buyers, there will be sellers. And the sellers job is to entice the buyers. Of course, I am partially at fault as well, since I was one of those buyers.;)

jacob
vlkno said:
:think: Lets have all seeds swapped and sold be given a DNA test and have a government agency certify the purity of our seeds. No seeds will be sent without a copy of their authenticity. Of course the price of seeds may go up slightly, but we will sleep more soundly!!

mark:lol:

I tend to believe Dave on this subject, he has been straight up with us on this subject from the start saying what he believes this variety of pepper to be with the information that he has been able to gather from his observations with growing this pepper, on the other hand Habanero500 has just come screaming in, no real proof no hellos, thankyous, introductions or anything else as to who is or what he has growing, say no more..."if your got nothing good to say then say nothing at all"...(quote from Bambi ;):)) we will all know soon enough anyways.... just my 2 cents

I agree with JR. Dave is innocent until some sound evidence proves him otherwise. I plan on growing the Yellow Bhut seeds I've got coming and if they aren't what they should be I'll deal with it then. They are what they are and that's all that they are (Popeye?).

Alan

If they come out Yellow and look like a Bhut I'm good, If not Dave, I will fertilize your Farmville crop with Roundup. Seriously, I do not care how they got here as long as they are a Yellow Bhut. Welcome Habanero500, I think :shocked:.

Yellow Bhut Jolokia

I have said what I have to say on the subject. I did not mention anything in the beginning about me being a seed seller. David brought that up. I did not come on here to hype my business and put down anothers. I stand by my opinion that if someone gets a cross they should grow it out the next year and see if it comes true and then by all means market it Also they should also call it a cross. Yes I was on gardenweb a few times before and promoted my business before reading their rules of the forums. Since then I have not gone around posting on any forums of any kind anywhere. I started my own blog and it is there that I talk about my business because it is my Blog. I have original E Mails from Dave with him stating he made a cross. Then all of a sudden its now a mutation. If one plant mutated it would be believable. But six plants!!! So you all can believe what you wish to believe. I asked David back in September to be upfront about it being a cross. He chose to market it and make money. I think he should have grown it out this year before doing so or at least only traded or given away seeds for others to try. At least that is what I would have done. I had some plants this past year come out Yellow and Orange Scorpion and they were supposed to be Red Scorpions. Will I sell the seeds? No! I will grow them out one or maybe two seasons and if they produce Yellow or Orange Scorpions then maybe I sell them I would be happy to share some seeds with some of you growers to see what happens. But I will not sell them. So I have nothing hide here and no ulterior motives.

Now some of you said I just blew in here with my post without even an introduction. Sorry about that. But I did not want to make it look like I came on this forum to promote my business. So I only posted to bring what I know about this situation to your attention. To those of you who think I posted for self promotion you are dead wrong. I learned that lesson from the gardenweb last year. So no more name calling. I was called the backyard grower and the one who was on meds if anyone noticed. And Dave if you went to my website you would see my larger operation of two Greenhouses in Lakeside, California. So please quit saying I only grow in my backyard. By the way Devil's Tongue can have placental tissue and seeds go the length of the whole pod. And I also recently discovered the same thing in a milder Malaysian Habanero called the Goronong (Caronong) So placental tissue running the length of a pod is not just a characteristic of the superhots. And also Devils Tongue can get lumpy like a Bhut and be indentical in size and shape. I do have one nice photo that shows this but do not know how to get it up on this forum.
Sorry everyone for just blowing in here. All of you can agree or disagree with me. But I am sure most of you think a cross should be grown out a year or two before being marketed and sold. And if any of you believe that six plants all mutated at once then I might have a Bridge in New York to sell you:)
Jim

This thread has gotten ridiculous. I have to say can't the new user try PMs first to resolve issues? Lashing at people sure ain't going to promote one's business. Habanero500, I know I've communicated with you in the past about something, but I can't recall what. Maybe I was questioning your 'non-profit' status? :) Something about sales going to charity, right? Ahhh.... This is not to make MONEY, right? You seemed like a nice guy. After this assauit though, I'm wondering. Plenty of places to buy seeds. Think about it.

The fact you have the guts to verbally attack another seller about the credibility of their Yellow Bhut Jolokia mutation/cross/hybrid/magical lucky lotto find AND turn around and sell the seed to another individual is wrong. Isn't that completely unfair? What that says to me if the seed doesn't come true is you're fine screwing an end buyer if you make money. If you require strict proof that future generation seedlings are what you state, wait 2-3 years and make sure it's stable. Am I missing something?

Like several said, at the end any seller's reputation is derived by the end product sold and reliability. If it turns out now what is promoted, you think they're going to get future sales? I've had crosses/failures from even the LARGEST multi-million dollar seed retailers. Reimers should be long gone right now IMO.

Don't worry, if people want a variety here, we usually find it through some means. lol.

Now I have a question about Dave's dragon dust's lemon bhut. Is it a hybrid or a stable cross? What I see again is "the result of carefully controled cross pollination" Is this true?

Thank you for the reminder Chris, Habanero500 only lasted 8 posts on GW before his spamming got him booted. You are almost there again Habanero500. I take back my welcome. I think your 5 minutes are up.

Isn't this forum for people to learn and associate with like minded people about Chiles and other Hot and spicey food related things. I will not address the comments made by Habanero499 here. I hoped he would do the same . I have written this person and asked to keep it where it should be..... In a private discussion. Clearly the members posts have indicated they too would like it to be private!!

Back