• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2009 Grow Log

Txclosetgrower said:
I have a 400W HPS in my bedroom. :lol:

Ah.

I'm forced to make do with a 75lb lab mix in my bedroom, and while she emits, it's more the kind of emission that the EPA has jurisdiction over than the DOE.

light what she emits Pam...don't waste that energy.... :lol:

Looks a bit like oedemma. Can you remove that stuf??

3304742757_e07c538d78_o.jpg

lee said:
Looks a bit like oedemma. Can you remove that stuf??

3304742757_e07c538d78_o.jpg

Yeah, under the microscope it looked like very very tiny clusters of clear balls. And if i hold my leaves up to light, I can see lots of tiny light spots that look like insect damage.

I'm picking up some safer soap on the way home, if that doesn't work I'm going to pick up an old nuke from the russians and kill everything within 5 miles.

From CG

This occurs when the plant takes in water faster than it can use it or transpire, and causes the cells to swell and often burst. It usually occurs when the soil is warm and moist and the air is cool and damp (sounds like English weather report). In my experience the plants grow through it though the affected leaves will not improve. It should cease if we get an improvement in the weather though knowing the environmental factors you may be able to improve conditions yourself.

I'm pretty sure most of my plants for this year are f***ed. I think this may be a virus/bacteria/fungus infection instead of bugs. Still haven't found a single bug, but i have tons of f***ed up leaves, leaves that are just detaching themselves from the stem and falling off, and almost every plant has these weird brownish markings on the leaves, exactly like I had in 2007.

Pic from 2007, damage looks exactly the same i'll post new pics when i get home:
1001283jk9.jpg

Same problem 2007:
http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=2113

I'm going to let them go until they die. I've learned that peppers will often recover from looking real shitty.

But i don't have too much hope.

Only thing I can think of that would link the two problems is the fact that I still have the same bottle of neem & (possibly) same bottle of nutes from that season.....I'm going to toss those out and get new ones just in case that is the vector for spreading this....

I really hope someone can help me figure out what the fuck this is this time, it was pretty disheartening last time to have to toss everything....

Hotpeppa said:
im getting leaf drop off as well from the stem...

strange...

think it has anything to do with coco coir ?

No, don't think so. I think I just have shit for luck.

I'll check some of my books when I get home, but you might email the picture to your local extension agent and see if they can help.

all my plants look stunted, with yellowing new growth and eventually leaf drop off from the stem...

i have done everything possible to correct this...

and i am still seeing shitty results...

i think i am going to start over and swap the coco coir for some good regular soil and see the differance...

first time gardening blues for me..... but i will try again and keep on trying until i get healthy happy plants..

dont give up dude.. keep em, maybe they will bounce back once outside...thats what i am praying for..lol

Back