• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 - JoeFish Arkansas Grown

I have wanted a garden for awhile now. So Sept. 2013 I picked out a spot and started working on my spot.  All the rest is history.

My grow list... Since I was skeptical about starting seeds I ordered plants.  Hopefully I will start everything myself next year.

A Picture of my Garden spot.  It is about 21' x 27'
1zv9186.jpg

And my soil test....
http://postimg.org/image/n09oi22fn/

Jusplayn said:
Joe, don't know about you but these 40 degree nights and 50 degree sunless days have got my peppers and tomatos in sleep mode down here in central Arkansas.
Don't feel bad mine are the same I hope this warm spell we are getting from now out perks them up and
We don't need rain for a few more weeks....

Sawyer said:
Looking good.  Your plants are ahead of mine, but not by much.  Hoping for some catch up with this great weather we're having.

Well the big pepper plants are bought and they do look good but the ones I started from seed this year don't look that great, mainly because I didn't harden them off right and the weather kind of played a part too (winter in May).  Im proud of them anyway.  Thanks Sawyer.

beerbreath81 said:
Looking good over there bro, very organized and I like the new tomato cages!

BB, they are awesome cages I love them.  Im going to stake a few and see what I like better but I think its no contest but we will see I guess.

Them trout look mighty fine and the garden is looking good as well. My plants are starting
To get some new growth and I did not have a lot of time to harden mine off right as well
72 hours work weeks I had to just plant mine and that crappy late April weather........

ArkansasJack said:
Them trout look mighty fine and the garden is looking good as well. My plants are starting
To get some new growth and I did not have a lot of time to harden mine off right as well
72 hours work weeks I had to just plant mine and that crappy late April weather........
Them trout were tasty. We are singing the same song about work weeks and trying to harden plants..

Garden is looking good.

I have been eating mustard greens, radishes, onions, garlic, and buttercrunch lettuce so far!

Tomatoes and Peppers looking great I will try and post some pictures tomorrow if everything goes my way.  Thanks for checking in everyone.

Can't wait to see pictures my year is going down the hill fast. Way to much rain down here in central arkansas lost about
Half my peppers already rain rain go away........on a better note my scorpions and reapers look good and i dug up a half
Dozen other kinds of peppers and potted um up Saturday... How are those tomatoes doing you started from seed in April ?

I tell you what, I think we're all in the same boat here in Arkansas.  I've had at least 10%, maybe 20%, loss of plants due to the cool, wet conditions.  Today was nice here in NWA, 80ºF and sunny.  More of this and maybe things will turn around.

ArkansasJack said:
Can't wait to see pictures my year is going down the hill fast. Way to much rain down here in central arkansas lost about
Half my peppers already rain rain go away........on a better note my scorpions and reapers look good and i dug up a half
Dozen other kinds of peppers and potted um up Saturday... How are those tomatoes doing you started from seed in April ?

I will have pictures up tomorrow sometime.  I fished all day today and got skunked!  Tried a few different lakes for bream,crappie,catfish, or anything that would bite...

Believe it or not I haven't lost a single plant I put in the ground.  The tomatoes I started in April didn't do very well I killed a lot of them trying to harden them and they were just too young I guess.  I still have seeds for all of them so come Jan or Feb I will give them another run.
Sawyer said:
I tell you what, I think we're all in the same boat here in Arkansas.  I've had at least 10%, maybe 20%, loss of plants due to the cool, wet conditions.  Today was nice here in NWA, 80ºF and sunny.  More of this and maybe things will turn around.

Yes sir the weather has been awful this spring.  It is looking better now though we have another cold shot here in a couple days its going to get down to 61 degrees. 

This was not the spring for fishing and I don't have much experience with gardening but it didn't seem that good for it either.

Nice-looking Jal.  I think the best of mine are about a week behind that, maybe only four or five days.  I really hope this weather we've been having holds out for awhile longer.  Good temperatures day and night, adequate rain. 

I use tinypic, too.  I like it because you don't have to register an account.  It was the only image host I could find like that.  You do have to keep a record of the image urls, though, or you'll never find them again.  For awhile, I was having to complete a captcha (sp?) for every image uploaded, but lately it seems I only have to complete one for every five images.  You're right, though, it is kind of slow, having to upload images one at a time.

JoeFish said:
Alright I was busy today once again but I just went a snapped a few shots of the garden.

Nice looking Giant Jalapeno.  (thanks Beerbreath!)

nlvmsx.jpg

Sorry tinypic acting up and I gotta go.  What image upload do yall use?  The way Im doing it takes forever!
I see GIANT bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers in your near future....nice looking plant!

That's right BB!  Get ready to bump me I got 18 pictures I am going to put up for yalls viewing pleasure.

Left to right Giant Jal and 2 unknown red 7 pot looking from bakers.

Jays Red Ghost Scorpion

I THINK this is a Fatalli Yellow

Overall shot of the back row from the back 4 bell pepper plants and a bunch of Ghosts

Smokin Eds Reaper

Bell

Worm casting and compost tea.  Second try!   Cross your fingers for me.

From left purple hull peas, okra, green beans, and carrots and a few misc...

Overall of tomatoes and peppers...

Cherokee Purple

Bumps please

Back