• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 - JoeFish Arkansas Grown

I have wanted a garden for awhile now. So Sept. 2013 I picked out a spot and started working on my spot.  All the rest is history.

My grow list... Since I was skeptical about starting seeds I ordered plants.  Hopefully I will start everything myself next year.

A Picture of my Garden spot.  It is about 21' x 27'
1zv9186.jpg

And my soil test....
http://postimg.org/image/n09oi22fn/

Sawyer said:
And so it begins...

Yes sir!  Gotta learn to make hot sauce. 

Devv said:
Good work there Joe!

The term for what the maters are doing is "cat facing". As John mentioned, some just do that. We grew Celebritie's a few years and abandoned them for that very reason.

Good to know because I was freaking a little but its okay I just chop off the splits and chomp,chomp,chomp.  I don't like the looks and its kind of pain.  These wont make it back to the party next year.

Yellow Brandywine Platfoot Strain, Regular (splitting) Brandywine GRRRRR..., and a few sweet millions.

Bag o' Cherry and Black Cherry.  Black Cherry are AWESOME.  Sweet Million are ok for a cherry.

Looking good!

Maters are where I got my start, I always grew them for my favorite ;) 34 years now, wow! Getting old ;)  Me, I like them cooked in the good old red sauce :surprised:

JoeFish said:
I originally called this a Yellow Bhut but I am thinking its a Yellow Fatalli.

Fataliis taste very different from Yellow Bhuts... have you had a chance to taste these?  Did it have a bhut-like flavor?

If you've had a true bhut and can identify that unique aroma, you'll be good... the fatalii doesn't have that, it's more of a sharp aroma, people describe it as "citrus"

Rooster Spur

Red Bhut

Cayenne

Yellow Bhut

Trinidad Moruga Scorpion.  This was previously Unknown Bakers back in January.

Someone please tell me what this is!?!?!?!?!?!

Yellow Brandywine

Pink Brandywine

Sweet Million

Bump!!

dam buddy looking good! nice mater pulls. all your pepper plants are LOADED! nice work! your unknown, I am about 95% sure that is the pepperocini pepper. You should pick them and can up a jar of em. Red are good on salads but green ones canned up are the way to go IMO.

Those sweet millions were ones I was really looking forward to they seem to be very productive, any reason you dont like em so much. Store bought taste??

Thanks for posting the spur

beerbreath81 said:
dam buddy looking good! nice mater pulls. all your pepper plants are LOADED! nice work! your unknown, I am about 95% sure that is the pepperocini pepper. You should pick them and can up a jar of em. Red are good on salads but green ones canned up are the way to go IMO.

Those sweet millions were ones I was really looking forward to they seem to be very productive, any reason you dont like em so much. Store bought taste??

Thanks for posting the spur
Yeah the tomatoes are out of control, going to make some ketchup today.

Cool!  I like pepperoncini peppers!  I don't know if I will have enough for 1 jar LOL

The sweet millions are good for those who like that twang that really red tomatoes have.  Don't get me wrong they are good but all the others I have going are better to me. 

Wont be long now BB and I will be sending you a box from hell.  Not because I like you, because this is all your fault.  :hell:  :hell: :hell:  

Back