• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

81A&81B 1st TIME ULTRA XTREME GLOG (dont expect much)

Alright so we're late in the season, but its just a trial run right now. If we actually get decent plants we'll overwinter a few and try again next year.
Below we have:
4 fatalii
1 brain strain 1/1
3 datils. 3/3
3 uba tuba
3 peach hab 2/3
2 7 pot
1 pumpkin hab
1 white hab
1 cherry bomb
2 choc. Bhuts
3 butch t
2 baby boy douglah 1/2
1 explosive ember
1 taz red 1/1
1 spanish paquilla 1/1
2 choc habs. 1/2
1 cap chine bhut

There's a lot of diffrent varieties in the same tray to check on how different they grow and what kind of tweeks I'll have to make for next season. Its the only way I know how to learn. Besides reading is borring :) forgive the pics as its done on a cell phone.

Seeds
IMG005.jpg

Below are pictures of plants donated by thp members up here in WA. As of now I got them under grow light. Looking to upgrade shortly, but only trying to get them to bush out right now. Which they are beautifully if I do say so myself.

Butch T donated to me and the only thing to survive the 5 day power outage
IMG004.jpg

Bhut jalokia donated by MegaHot
IMG003.jpg

Yellow 7 donated by MegaHot
IMG002.jpg

Any advice for us would be appreciated, please make it in english and so my 2 year old can understand :)
Thanks
Aaron

The helmets are tricky-sometimes they shed em...other times its deft surgery with nail scissors, at very edge of the seed case.Find something to brace your hands if you try this.For some reason, my second round had tons like this(maybe not soaking them for a day first?)....lost 3 to decapitation...the the others were fine, and 2 that stayed killed the seedlings. The big plants are lookin strong !

That sucks gnslngr. I went ahead and clipped it. I got a couple more of those plus its a trial year for me. So if it doesn't make it it won't hurt to much :).
Any idea about the brown streak going a long the base of the bhut? Can't see it on the pictures cause its a really fine line, but my yellow 7 doesn't have it.

Alright quick update I got three more pops today :woohoo: the spanish pequilla, a peach hab, and the brain strain. I'll post picks tomorrow. Today is drinking day :)

Thanks for the help

That sucks gnslngr. I went ahead and clipped it. I got a couple more of those plus its a trial year for me. So if it doesn't make it it won't hurt to much :).
Any idea about the brown streak going a long the base of the bhut? Can't see it on the pictures cause its a really fine line, but my yellow 7 doesn't have it.

One of my plants has a brown line going up the trunk, is that what you are talking about? I don't think it's a big deal, doesn't seem to be affecting the plant.

Alright quick update I got three more pops today :woohoo: the spanish pequilla, a peach hab, and the brain strain. I'll post picks tomorrow. Today is drinking day :)

Sounds like business is picking up! Have a nice Sunday, guys.

Thanks for the help

Thanks Paul, it doen't look like it would affect it. But I was worried a bit because the plant hasn't been growin quite as fast. So maybe that also is do to a lack in nutes. Probably need to put a little more N in them.

Thanks again
Aaron

UPDATE:
3 more sprouts today and from some that are fairly new to me. The Baby Boy Douglah and the Taz Red. Can't wait to see what these are :)

4 fatalii
1 brain strain 1/1
3 datils. 3/3
3 uba tuba
3 peach hab 2/3
2 7 pot
1 pumpkin hab
1 white hab
1 cherry bomb
2 choc. Bhuts
3 butch t
2 baby boy douglah 1/2
1 explosive ember
1 taz red 1/1
1 spanish paquilla 1/1
2 choc habs. 1/2
1 cap chine bhut 1/1

As excited as I am, I just don't have the patience to deal with photobucket on a cell phone every time a new sprout comes up. So I will post pictures in the future. Thanks for watching!

Alright so I got another sprout today making it 11 thus far. I noticed though that of the ones that have sprouted none have been from the center. So I finally investigated and realized that the spritzing of water havn't been enough. The pellets are bone dry. :( So now I have a couple questions
Could this be due to the heat matt making the tempurature to warm? Its about 87 degrees in there. Or maybe keeping the vent to the lid halfway open? There's been plenty of water on the lid and I wipe it down everyday. And also are these seeds done for now or could they still produce plants if I start watering them again?

Yes, water them to see what happens. Don't have to soak them.
You could try moving the cells around to avoid hot spots; sort of
like sharing the pain : ) or just give more water to the middle. Can't
say anything about your heat mat, don't use one, but I have seen
others mention hot spots.

Your sprout list is pretty exotic. Makes mine seem kind of mundane :D
Good luck getting your seedlings to transplant stage!

Thanks paul, that's what I figured but didn't want to chance knowing how many seeds I got and how much time I have.

Glad you like the selction, not sure what most of tghem are or what they will look like. But I figure trial year so might as well see what happens. :)
Thanks again
aaron

Sorry to hear about my plants giving you troubles! Its somewhat hard to tell in the pics but I assume you transplanted them in the Fox Farms? They may need some nutes if you havent fed them. I'd give them some nutes at 1/4 strength, especially if you see no brown crisping around the edges of the leaves (means fert burn). If the leaves are yellow it usually means it's over watered or needs to be fed.I hope that helps ya! Congrats with all the baby sprouts! Such a late start definitely means you will need an mh/hps light. Esp with our crap weather here in the NW

Sorry to hear about my plants giving you troubles! Its somewhat hard to tell in the pics but I assume you transplanted them in the Fox Farms? They may need some nutes if you havent fed them. I'd give them some nutes at 1/4 strength, especially if you see no brown crisping around the edges of the leaves (means fert burn). If the leaves are yellow it usually means it's over watered or needs to be fed.I hope that helps ya! Congrats with all the baby sprouts! Such a late start definitely means you will need an mh/hps light. Esp with our crap weather here in the NW

Hey Mega, glad you were able to check out the plants. I did transplant them and used the fox farms you gave us. I also hit them with fish mix and bone meal. But I think that's where I got screwed up. I used full strength. I also started bottom watering and think I could have over watered. So I layed off for a bit and see what happens. As for my little ones I will be moving the sprouts under a light shortly.
Thanks again for the plants and stopping by this thread with advice.
Aaron

Been awhile since I posted on here but I had a lot of changes/additiions made to my collection. First I got new plants, HUGE SHOUT TO PAULG FOR THESE I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!
Here's a list of what I got from this very generous friend

IMG045.jpg

Wild Texas Tepin
Hungarian Hot Wax
Omnicolor Explosive Ember
IMG050.jpg

Bolivian Rainbow
Marconi Rosso
Inca Red Drop
Long Red Cayenne
Chocolate Habanero
Fatali
IMG049.jpg

Congo Trinidad
Red Caribbean

So all these need to be potted up to 1 gal pots but I felt I needed to adjust my soil mix so next the soil and medium blend has changed.

2.2 cuft bag of Lakeland natural and organic potting soil (has peat, perlite, coir, lime, and wetting agents)
1 8quart bag perlite
Recycled potting mix

Mixed together in trash can.
Filled 1 gallon pots 3/4 added 1/2cup Ocean Forest potting soil(has Pacific Northwest seed going fish, crab meal, shrimp meal and plenty of earthworm casings, composted humus and peat moss)
teaspoon of peat moss and tablespoon of Vigaro tomotato and vegetable nute at a 12-10-5

The mix is very airy and light, I then added 1/4 strength of fish mix at a 2-0.2-6.6 and diluted more with the same amount of water turning it into about 1/8 the strength.

The next thing I got is a 400 watt metal halide with bulb and reflector. I currently diont have it hooked though because the balast gets hung and I need to find supports that monster. Hoping some time in the next few days to get it up.

I'm currently at work so I'll post pictures later on tonight if I get some free time.
IMG058.jpg

IMG057.jpg

The seedling are doing ok, I got two out three that I try in a ziplock bag and then put then in the pellets. Not sure if this is right or not though. they seem to be doing just fine though.

Does all this sound ok?
Pics coming soon
Aaron

Wow, don't know how I'm finding this late??? Looking great so far! Paul is one Kick@$$ guy! Your soil mix sounds interesting! I use the some of the same principals...but add my own compost and worm castings. Should work great for you. The only thing I might omit at first is the fish fert since the other potting soils you added have some nutes and you already added some time released stuff. The great part about the fish ferts is you can always water some in when the plants look hungry. 1/8 strength should be fine though.
Can't wait for some more photo updates from you two! I wish my better half was into peppers...or gardening for that matter. She just likes to be able to walk outside and see perty stuff...

Keep up the good work, and good luck with the rest of your season!
Shane

Wow, don't know how I'm finding this late??? Looking great so far! Paul is one Kick@$$ guy! Your soil mix sounds interesting! I use the some of the same principals...but add my own compost and worm castings. Should work great for you. The only thing I might omit at first is the fish fert since the other potting soils you added have some nutes and you already added some time released stuff. The great part about the fish ferts is you can always water some in when the plants look hungry. 1/8 strength should be fine though.
Can't wait for some more photo updates from you two! I wish my better half was into peppers...or gardening for that matter. She just likes to be able to walk outside and see perty stuff...

Shane

Thanks Shane. I kinda of thought the fish fert might be a bit of an over kill, but figured if I use it at 1/8 strength and use it about every other week or so( which is about every third watering) it should be safe and help it along. The virago I'll do once a month month or so.

Thanks for checking in shane, sorry I haven't been to yours yet. Theres seems to be a lot more glogs this season. Hell even JayT got one. :lol:

Aaron

Shane

Thanks for stopping in. Its quite the process almost as much work as our two kids to be honest. I get to put the kids and the plants to sleep every night and wake them every morning. And make sure they don't get hungry throughout the day....... (still trying to figure out our two human and many foliage kids and chores) and just so you know in our house once one of us gets something up our sleeve we don't back down so its just better to support it then fight it. Our foliage kids however need to learn that they aren't the only ones who need attention. LOL. Anyway I love all plants/trees/flowers I have a rubber tree I have had for 17years and its big. :)

Thanks again.

[background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day[/background]​

Geez, I only liked one thing so far! Oh well... +1 ***Like*** to you better half!

Looking good, friends! Glad you can make good use of the pepper plants.
I'm sure they have found a good home and are in good hands! Good luck
getting them to podding stage, I hope they grow like weeds for you!

Seems like our weather is looking up a bit, eh? I've actually seen the big
yellow thing 4 or 5 days in a row!

Alright, update time. First HUGE thanks to Greg, Seth, and Patrick for the help they gave me in my hour of need. Below is the problem I ran into.

IMG064.jpg

Butch T- so since feburary this plant has been under grow lights that I got from walmart. I had a bhut growing under it before and didn't have any burn looking marks on. I don't expect anything from the plant being under neath it, but not only did the burn look start under that light, it also hasn't grown at all. The bhut grew however. For about 3 days now they have been under a 400 watt metal halide. I knew that thing would put off some heat but WOW! And its brighter than HELL!

IMG063.jpg

Yellow 7- none of these plants have been outside, not even to harden off. So the holes got me really worried. It can't be slugs, aphids, spider mites, etc. So I considered the soil and nutes.

IMG062-1.jpg

M. Rosso- I got 12 plants from PaulG. They're only 4" tall. I got them a week ago and transplanted them into 1 gallon pots. Now all the small leaf plants are sagging and losing they're leaves FAST! This one has completely lost its leaves in just 3 days at most.

IMG062.jpg

Paul and I potted up a plant with me and used some nutes that he has used in the rest of his plants that are doing just just fine. Even this one is showing signs of drop off. (Not in picture)

IMG061.jpg

This guy is not as serious as the first, but if you look close there is white bumps down the main vein of the leaf on the back side. I want to say its edema, but I've only heard of this once and never seen it.

IMG060.jpg

This picture is an overall of what I got sitting underneath the 400 watt metal halide light. I got this used and the bub came with it, but no box. That's all the info I got on it. But the drooping came before me putting them under the light.

I also have not seen any growth from my seedlings. They sprouted about 3 weeks ago and they still look like they just sprouted.

The above was what I emailed them, they all emailed me and gave me a few pointers of what they thought it could be. They seem to come to an agreement that they have gone thru shock and dehydration. The burns were chemical burns, though they still have yet to heal.
This was on Saturday I will post the results of there suggestions shortly. My phone won't let me do to much at once.

Could be Wilt Virus...and that does look like edema on top of that. I dunno man. I would sure get them as far away from my other plants as I could!

Not enough yellowing for wilt (fusarium)...It could be the nutes I guess. If they're in a different soil they could be drying quicker than your others and need water??? I'm really just guessing at it. Feel for you, Hope you can save a few.

IMG071.jpg

IMG072.jpg

Recognize this guy? Its the edema plant that was bent upside down. :) I know its not 100% but at least I see a sign of getting better.

IMG073.jpg

IMG074.jpg

IMG075.jpg

This is the plant right in front in the picture that showed all the plants. No more droopy leaves.

IMG076.jpg

IMG077.jpg

The seedlings leaves are getting thicker finally, its still early to pot up I figure, though wandering what's going on with the roots. These things should be much bigger than this since they sprouted over 4 weeks ago.

Aaron sucks to have plant turn for the worse. I got 4 plants from ebayer. 2 have survived. Both that died were bhut jolokias. That's what I get for putting them in DOLLAR TREE soil. I checked and came to the conclusion of forasium wilt. Initially thought it was the seller. But the other two are thriving so. It was my care. Hope all is well for the rest of your grow season

a8495ec0.jpg

Both are long gone

Back