• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

81A&81B 1st TIME ULTRA XTREME GLOG (dont expect much)

Alright so we're late in the season, but its just a trial run right now. If we actually get decent plants we'll overwinter a few and try again next year.
Below we have:
4 fatalii
1 brain strain 1/1
3 datils. 3/3
3 uba tuba
3 peach hab 2/3
2 7 pot
1 pumpkin hab
1 white hab
1 cherry bomb
2 choc. Bhuts
3 butch t
2 baby boy douglah 1/2
1 explosive ember
1 taz red 1/1
1 spanish paquilla 1/1
2 choc habs. 1/2
1 cap chine bhut

There's a lot of diffrent varieties in the same tray to check on how different they grow and what kind of tweeks I'll have to make for next season. Its the only way I know how to learn. Besides reading is borring :) forgive the pics as its done on a cell phone.

Seeds
IMG005.jpg

Below are pictures of plants donated by thp members up here in WA. As of now I got them under grow light. Looking to upgrade shortly, but only trying to get them to bush out right now. Which they are beautifully if I do say so myself.

Butch T donated to me and the only thing to survive the 5 day power outage
IMG004.jpg

Bhut jalokia donated by MegaHot
IMG003.jpg

Yellow 7 donated by MegaHot
IMG002.jpg

Any advice for us would be appreciated, please make it in english and so my 2 year old can understand :)
Thanks
Aaron

Couple more questions, if it is furasium wilt what do I do to fix it? Throw the soil out and get a different soil?
Also I noticed that some of the leaves or curled, you can see them in the pictures above if you look closely. Would that be from the nutes? If so what, or possibly a calcium defisency (spelling)?

Pretty sure its not furasium wilt....I would just keep doing what you're doing. They look better, so they'll probably pull through. If you do anything, put them a little farther from the light for a few days. Pretty sure the "curl" is some permanent damage from whatever made them wilt. Did you water them yesterday after you took the initial pics? I think they may have just been real thirsty??? Parts of the leaves may never recover and cause the wrinkles and maybe some brown spots/edges on those leaves later.

I think they're gonna make it. The ones that lost all their leaves may not...but they may surprise you! So just take it easy on them and don't over doctor/water them. Shocking the roots right now would probably put them down for good.

Thanks Shane for the help, I'll lay off for a while outside of watering when its needed, I'll have to fabricate something to raise the MH. The ballast is connected to the light so the weight is to much. :(
Thanks for checking it
Aaron

I don't remember exactly what your grow area looks like...but if they're on the floor just slide the plant out from under the lights so that they're not getting direct light. Or if they're on a shelf pull them off it and sit them on the floor beside the shelf if you can. If not, like I said they look to be recovering as it is.

Wouldn't miss checking in! I am trying to track so many glogs its hard to get at them all right away. Especially on the weekend when all us compulsive updaters are clogging up the glog page...but I try.

Alright small update with sad news.

I had something fall on my Butch T the other day. I broke off a chunk of it. It will survive but now looks really small.

IMG081.jpg

Good news is it has growth coming up from the top :woohoo:

IMG081.jpg

I also have awesome growth all over my Yellow 7

IMG078.jpg

Top of Yellow 7

IMG079-1.jpg

Bottom of Yellow 7

Alright so this is the whole picture of the Yellow 7. Question should I pot up? With all the new growth I figure I should

IMG080.jpg

I also put my seedlings in solo cups

IMG083.jpg

Question do I still need the heat mat? The room is a constant 78 degrees. I know its not the desired temp, but my MH keeps killing my heater :lol:

Thanks for checking it out.
Aaron

Alright small update with sad news.

I had something fall on my Butch T the other day. I broke off a chunk of it. It will survive but now looks really small.

IMG081.jpg

Good news is it has growth coming up from the top :woohoo:

IMG081.jpg

I also have awesome growth all over my Yellow 7

IMG081.jpg

Bottom of Yellow 7

IMG078.jpg

Top of Yellow 7
Stayed tuned

Sorry about your butcht! It will be fine I;m sure :) Your yellow 7 is looking good! Is that the one I gave ya?

Fusarium wilt generally is only a problem in the ground unless you've manage to get some infected soil, much less common in the northern latitudes, then in the south....and you will have a bunch of whitish grey filiments/powdery substance in the soil.
Plants are like people in the fact that there are 8-10 signs and symptoms that are common for damn near every affliction.Diagnosing a plant is just like with people- the most important aspect is the "History".This is where the answer usually lies, but it looks like you've made a great turn around.Many afflictions will take care of themselves as long as the nute/water /light triangle is in the "normal range"-when in doubt, eliminate all the crazy variables and tricked out nutes-these plants are pretty resilient,and can thrive on neglect in the real world-watch out for "the overcare monster".He- He- He-easier said then done as you 2 probably know by now.I disappear from time to time due to occupational circumstance-nature of the beast...that or I've just got home and am playing "catch up"(refering to not answering the brown streak question).Loving the "pepper children" reference-too funny and SOOOO true!

Sorry about your butcht! It will be fine I;m sure :) Your yellow 7 is looking good! Is that the one I gave ya?

Thats good to hear/see! :) Thanks for the picture update! I wish you the best of success for your grow! Dont forget, if you have q's pls let me know.

Fusarium wilt generally is only a problem in the ground unless you've manage to get some infected soil, much less common in the northern latitudes, then in the south....and you will have a bunch of whitish grey filiments/powdery substance in the soil.
Plants are like people in the fact that there are 8-10 signs and symptoms that are common for damn near every affliction.Diagnosing a plant is just like with people- the most important aspect is the "History".This is where the answer usually lies, but it looks like you've made a great turn around.Many afflictions will take care of themselves as long as the nute/water /light triangle is in the "normal range"-when in doubt, eliminate all the crazy variables and tricked out nutes-these plants are pretty resilient,and can thrive on neglect in the real world-watch out for "the overcare monster".He- He- He-easier said then done as you 2 probably know by now.I disappear from time to time due to occupational circumstance-nature of the beast...that or I've just got home and am playing "catch up"(refering to not answering the brown streak question).Loving the "pepper children" reference-too funny and SOOOO true!

Thanks for checking out gnslnger. I don't get to "put them to bed" that often, but nice to be able to so I can see how they're doing. I pretty much water and feed them and the mrs. Puts them to bed and wakes them up. :) so it really is a team effort. As for the wilt issues, outside of MH being under them it has gotten a lot better. Just needed a bit more tlc. :)

Thanks for checking it out
Aaron

I couldn't have done it without my other half this year either! Although she's not a fan of the plants...she knows I enjoy them, and diligently opened and closed the makeshift greenhouse for me every day.

Glad to see your plant's recovering!
Shane

I couldn't have done it without my other half this year either! Although she's not a fan of the plants...she knows I enjoy them, and diligently opened and closed the makeshift greenhouse for me every day.

Glad to see your plant's recovering!
Shane

My wifes doesn't understand why I do what I do, and she certainly is not a fan of spice. With that said, she sees how much I enjoy it and genuinly wants to help. I figure that means she's a keeper :).
Thanks for stopping in Shane and glad your plants are doing great. I believe mine should be flowering up shortly. I just gave them a bit fert because its been a while so we'll see.

Alright so I just realized I missed on the description. But you guys are smart enough to figure it out. The Butch T is the smaller plant.
:cheers:
Aaron

Edit: alright I fixed the pictures. I know you guys probably don't mind, but I got OCD :)

They definitely are quite a bit of work on top of our two kids. I get up in the morning make the 2 year old breakfast and the 2 month old a bottle. Change 2 diapers the go in and say good morning peppers and plug in their light and uncover them. Then at night our 2 year old wants to help tell them 'nite nite' so she helps put them to bed kinda :) anywho I feel terrible cuz MY houseplants are suffering I lost my purple shamrock and my pothos is saying screw you you neglected me so I am dying and even my cactus is unhappy....... I gotta spend some time with them before I lose all of them I have 8 houseplants and they need me......

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Hey, Aaron! You have had quite a bout with your plants, but they
seem to be pulling out of whatever it was. A little spring sun would
do all of our plants up here a world of good!

Good luck getting your peppers into their final homes for the summer!

They definitely are quite a bit of work on top of our two kids. I get up in the morning make the 2 year old breakfast and the 2 month old a bottle. Change 2 diapers the go in and say good morning peppers and plug in their light and uncover them. Then at night our 2 year old wants to help tell them 'nite nite' so she helps put them to bed kinda :) anywho I feel terrible cuz MY houseplants are suffering I lost my purple shamrock and my pothos is saying screw you you neglected me so I am dying and even my cactus is unhappy....... I gotta spend some time with them before I lose all of them I have 8 houseplants and they need me......

Thanks for the help everyone :)
I love my non-peppers too! I have a few bonsai that have been needing their wires cut off for a while, and some of my cacti are hurting as well. What's suffering most is the lawn. Finally got around to cutting it yesterday afternoon. It needs a good weed and feed as well. Ughhh, it never ends. I wonder if the lawn would like some fish ferts??? Might piss off the neighbors, but its what I have. Take care of your non-peppers! I'm sure the peppers will understand!

Can someone tell me what these little white "crystals" are on my leaves? Its not dirt as it won't rub off easily, and they are not moving nor have the plants been outside so I doubt its pest. I don't see any problems on the leaves, so I doubt they're harmful but figured someone might be able to tell me.

IMG090.jpg

Thanks
Aaron

They are, but they don't have bumps on them. Ithought edema would show bumps so I automatically ruled that out. Guess I could be wrong. None of my other plants have it.
Thanks
Aaron

Back