• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

81A&81B 1st TIME ULTRA XTREME GLOG (dont expect much)

Alright so we're late in the season, but its just a trial run right now. If we actually get decent plants we'll overwinter a few and try again next year.
Below we have:
4 fatalii
1 brain strain 1/1
3 datils. 3/3
3 uba tuba
3 peach hab 2/3
2 7 pot
1 pumpkin hab
1 white hab
1 cherry bomb
2 choc. Bhuts
3 butch t
2 baby boy douglah 1/2
1 explosive ember
1 taz red 1/1
1 spanish paquilla 1/1
2 choc habs. 1/2
1 cap chine bhut

There's a lot of diffrent varieties in the same tray to check on how different they grow and what kind of tweeks I'll have to make for next season. Its the only way I know how to learn. Besides reading is borring :) forgive the pics as its done on a cell phone.

Seeds
IMG005.jpg

Below are pictures of plants donated by thp members up here in WA. As of now I got them under grow light. Looking to upgrade shortly, but only trying to get them to bush out right now. Which they are beautifully if I do say so myself.

Butch T donated to me and the only thing to survive the 5 day power outage
IMG004.jpg

Bhut jalokia donated by MegaHot
IMG003.jpg

Yellow 7 donated by MegaHot
IMG002.jpg

Any advice for us would be appreciated, please make it in english and so my 2 year old can understand :)
Thanks
Aaron

Hi Aaron and Megan. Just stopped in to see how it's goin'.
Have those sunburned plants started looking awesome by now?
I don't know about a little further north, but we're back into a
cloudy cool cycle again here. At this rate we won't have any
pods for NWChileFest!

Hey Paul, been busy to do an update. The weather turned to crap! :( we have had nothing but rain the past two days and won't have decent weather again for over a week. Good news when we do get good weather it'll be above 75 F with a 30% humidity :dance:

Anyways, so I got a lot of new growth on the sun burned plants, but not enough to get all excited about it. My righteous 18" 7 pot is struggling the most. The nodes are just now showing signs of growth buth its bare as hell. However, the explosive embers is producing a lot of flowers, problem is its still only 6" tall at best. I'll put up pictures of them in the future.

IMG131.jpg

IMG130.jpg

IMG129.jpg

IMG128.jpg

Alright, so theses are the seedling, they're growing like crazy. Have a question about pot up though. Could I skip all the BS and pot up to the 1gallon pots, or is that a no no?

Thanks for checking it out. I'll do a more detailed update soon.

Wow, nice seedlings going there, guys!

First big shout out to BigCedar. He told me about a nursery down by us that are selling a bunch of hot chilis that most nurseries won't. I ran down there right after he told me and holy cow there's quite a bit of different kinds, and for only $3.99 each. Not only are the prices good but check out the size of the ones I picked up

IMG134.jpg

Cherry Bomb

IMG133.jpg

Scotch Bonnet

IMG132.jpg

Fatalii

Plants look amazing and great pick up especially for the price HH81

Thanks SoCal, my plants out door look nothing like these, but at leat I know what they should look like and I can go from there. I'll be heading back there in the near future to pick a couple more. Regular price is still only $4.99 which to isn't bad considering the size of them :)
Thanks for checking in man. I saw your glog, but work has kept me busy. Your plants are looking great.
:cheers:
Aaron

Great score, Aaron; those look great. They should round out your collection nicely!
Good luck getting them into their final homes, my friend!

FINALLY getting around to checkin out your glog buddy.
Seedlings are lookin great dude! Now that I can see the extent of the burn on the bigger guys.. just put em out in full sun. My intentionally burned plants looked just like that, and you WILL lose all the leaves so no point in keeping those guys in the shade. My burned ones are all coming back with new shoots, you'll be go to go dude. Glad you checked out that nursery! Those starts are freaking money aren't they. I've never seen plants that green with leaves that big. When I meet up with the owner and see how he grows these things I'll definitely make sure to share the info with ya. I was picturing 250 super hots that size, that big, that green sittin in my closet this time next year lol. I'm gonna make it happen! How many plants are you sittin with now? Once I'm 160% sure the bacteria spot is gone would you still like a few plants even though they're not showroom models? I don't wanna give anyone with plants at home shit until I'm sure they're disease free.. That'd be really bad form "heres some plants dude!' A week later my plants kill your whole garden. Nope, not chancing it it! Well it was fun checkin up on the hab fams glog :) Keep up the good work guys!
Brandon

Thanks Brandon :) I'll let Aaron answer your questions but we do have 17 plants and 12 seedlings now. Seedlings are going nuts too. The plants we picked up yesterday were amazing!! So shocked that the little nursery right down the street had those. :D anywho thanks for taking a peek here.

FINALLY getting around to checkin out your glog buddy.
Seedlings are lookin great dude! Now that I can see the extent of the burn on the bigger guys.. just put em out in full sun. My intentionally burned plants looked just like that, and you WILL lose all the leaves so no point in keeping those guys in the shade. My burned ones are all coming back with new shoots, you'll be go to go dude. Glad you checked out that nursery! Those starts are freaking money aren't they. I've never seen plants that green with leaves that big. When I meet up with the owner and see how he grows these things I'll definitely make sure to share the info with ya. I was picturing 250 super hots that size, that big, that green sittin in my closet this time next year lol. I'm gonna make it happen! How many plants are you sittin with now? Once I'm 160% sure the bacteria spot is gone would you still like a few plants even though they're not showroom models? I don't wanna give anyone with plants at home shit until I'm sure they're disease free.. That'd be really bad form "heres some plants dude!' A week later my plants kill your whole garden. Nope, not chancing it it! Well it was fun checkin up on the hab fams glog :) Keep up the good work guys!
Brandon

Hey Paul, thanks for stopping by. The plants should round up my season perfectly, thanks.

Hey Brandon, thanks for checking in. I moved my plants so they get a good 7 hours of light now. My wife found slugs creeping though so she rushed in and grabed some salt to put anround the plants. Not exactly the best stuff to use but until I can get something else it'll have to do.
The soil from the plants from the nursery feels spongy?? Its weird it has good absorption, but doesn't feel like it has a lot of drainage. It might be the compost, just a guess as I'm not an expert obviously :). Yeah if you find out anything let me know, those suckers are huge. Yours probably would have looked that these as well, but you had some set backs. But in a couple weeks yours will be in great shape. Oh, and still have quite a few plants their, not super hots but a couple medium hot crosses plus like 8 scotch bonnets and like 9 fataliis in case your interested.
I know you lost a couple plants due to the virus those tomato plants, so I figured you may want to keep a few in replacement of the ones you lost. If that's not the case i'd be more than happy to take a couple off your hands :D. Just let me know.
Thanks for checking in Brandon, and good luck getting those plants back to their former glory
:cheers:

Wow, those nursery bought plants look awesome! Nice score!!! I've been babysitting mine for 4 months now, and they don't look that good!

Wow, those nursery bought plants look awesome! Nice score!!! I've been babysitting mine for 4 months now, and they don't look that good!

Tell me about highalt! My other 12 plants are still naked from the sunburn :(. My new sprouts looks way better than the others, but they aren't outside just yet either :lol:. I seroius think its that "spongie" soil. if anyone else has a soil like this due let me know what makes it like this. My soil has drainage in it for sure but I don't use a lot for absorption (I live in the rainy state :duh: :lol:)
Thanks for checking it out Highat :cheers:
Aaron

I saw this today and had to post it for you Paul

IMG138.jpg

Explosive Embers flowering like crazy still has a few sun damages leaves, but overall the plant is looking pretty good.

Whoever raised those up did a great job! Nice tree trunks they have! Healthy and dark green. Unbelievable! Great heads up Brandon, and nice score Aaron/better half! :dance:

Whoever raised those up did a great job! Nice tree trunks they have! Healthy and dark green. Unbelievable! Great heads up Brandon, and nice score Aaron/better half! :dance:

Thanks Shane. I found something on the Cherry Bomb that I had to show everyone:

IMG153.jpg

Forgive these bad pics, cell phone and these flowers droop down hard
IMG153-1.jpg

Yes this is two different flowers with two pods coming up
IMG150.jpg

This not the same ones :) I actually have pods :dance:
IMG151.jpg

Still the same plant, pic is from the other side of the base. Low and behold 2 pods coming up :woohoo:

IMG148.jpg

Explosive Embers podding up

IMG145.jpg

Fatalii

IMG144.jpg

Same flower, but closer view. Appears to be forming a pod :woohoo:

Ok so it iis really early in the season, but I figure just let them do they're thing. No since in snipping all the flowers just to let them grow bigger, besides if I do that I'll only have pods for 2 months.

:cheers: to the rest of you growers out there, good luck and thanks for watching.
Aaron

Allright, pods in the NW! Your little EE is going to really start
cranking, now, guys! Mine is getting full with purple pods sticking
straight up! Your other pod shots are great, too. Looks like you
are finally about to go on cruise control. Not really, just kidding,
but it sounds great, eh?

Good growing to the hab family!

Habby Heat - what are you talking about??? Those phone pics of the blossoms looked awesome! I even thought to myself (before I read the text) "Did Aaron find a camera?"!!!!! Those yellow blossoms were positively shimmering! :) Congrats on the pods you two! With all this rain, at least you know they'll be juicy chiles, right?!?! (or wait, is that apples?) hahaha Keep up the great work!

Congrats on first pods! Its very exciting isnt it!???

Thanks mega, I could help but dance when I saw them :)

Allright, pods in the NW! Your little EE is going to really start
cranking, now, guys! Mine is getting full with purple pods sticking
straight up! Your other pod shots are great, too. Looks like you
are finally about to go on cruise control. Not really, just kidding,
but it sounds great, eh?

Good growing to the hab family!

Is there a such thing as cruise control? :lol: Yeah once the yellow 7 plant start producing more leaves then I will be closing to cruise control, with the exception of picking pods and hand pollinating :)
Thanks Paul

Congrats HH & Better Half! New parents of a couple baby pods!

It ain't much, but being here in the NW pods this early are kinda rare. I thanks Brandon for sending me to the nursery to pick some up. The EE is a big surprise though because of how bad it looked just a couple weeks ago. In either case I will defenately be enjoying me some peppers shortly :)
Thanks Shane

Habby Heat - what are you talking about??? Those phone pics of the blossoms looked awesome! I even thought to myself (before I read the text) "Did Aaron find a camera?"!!!!! Those yellow blossoms were positively shimmering! :) Congrats on the pods you two! With all this rain, at least you know they'll be juicy chiles, right?!?! (or wait, is that apples?) hahaha Keep up the great work!

Thanks CJ, guess being forced to use a phone for pics for so long have made me better with it. Maybe I should never get an actual camera :). When we got home from hanging out with y'all we went outside for a smoke and that's when I found then. We were exhausted, but still found the energy to :dance: :lol:
After which we realized it had rained to much for others so we ended up moving them where they can get some decent sun, but dry up a bit. We don't have good sun coming for another 5 days or so, and even then it won't be but 64F.
Thanks for stopping in CJ, weird to see you in this neck of the woods :)

Hey ,awesome you 2....gotta love sweat free "ready made" plants, takes a little worry out the "will they make it?" phase.I found some last year and jumped on em..."WHEW" is the word.Way to tip 'em off Big Cedar!
Don't worry about pinching buds, you have a short season so let em grow out.Nothing better then see'in the pods forming after a tough start! :dance:

ps...as to the 1 gallon question...I would wait justa bit longer, to get a bit more root structure....then go straight to the gallons, unless you have roots creeping out the vent holes.If you've already done it, no worries just keep a close eye on keeping moisture "evened out".What doesn't kill em makes em stronger!

Hey ,awesome you 2....gotta love sweat free "ready made" plants, takes a little worry out the "will they make it?" phase.I found some last year and jumped on em..."WHEW" is the word.Way to tip 'em off Big Cedar!
Don't worry about pinching buds, you have a short season so let em grow out.Nothing better then see'in the pods forming after a tough start! :dance:

ps...as to the 1 gallon question...I would wait justa bit longer, to get a bit more root structure....then go straight to the gallons, unless you have roots creeping out the vent holes.If you've already done it, no worries just keep a close eye on keeping moisture "evened out".What doesn't kill em makes em stronger!

Hey gnslnger, that's exactly how I felt when I saw these plants! If none of my other plants produce this year (though I prey they do) I'll still have these ones. Plus there will always be next year :). Besides this is my first year afterall! It'll be a good year overall I figure.

Thanks gnslngr. I ended up putting some in 4" pots and the bigger ones in 6" pots. I will leave them there for a while and probably skip the 1gal. I waited so long for that answer I just potted up. I noticed that the roots weren't as thick as others I've seen in pics so now I need to know why? I'm sure its something with the soil or something others are adding that I'm not, just not sure what it is. I don't want to add to much of anything though because they are so young.
Thanks for stopping by man :cheers: to ya!
Aaron

Back