• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Ají Charapita Growdown Throwdown 2024

Do you have what it takes to be crowned the Growdown Throwdown King or Queen in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still nothing in the mail today sadly, maybe they did look in the letter and think they're rich now 😂😂
Do you know if yours are stuck in customs too?

To those who have already planted their seeds: any action on your side of the fence? Most of my C. chinense have already emerged but nothing yet from the Aji Charapita...

1710166628544.png

How many days wet? And did you sow them all like I asked?
I collected 64 seeds from the berries sent (I threw out a few that looked damaged or non-viable). I soaked 54 of them in a weak H2O2 solution for 24 hours (as I always do) on February 23 and planted them the next day. They are kept under a dome placed on a heating pad set at 29°C with all my other seeds since...

Last edited:
To those who have already planted their seeds: any action on your side of the fence? Most of my C. chinense have already emerged but nothing yet from the Aji Charapita...

1710166628544.png
I planted mine on Feb 27th, and all is quiet on the Western front..

Give them time. Don’t give up on them. They will be slow I imagine. As I stated initially, I need to refresh this inventory. Some storage mistakes were made. I haven’t started anything yet, but this is good data either way. I wouldn’t worry until a month has passed with no hooks. Then we can say we have a major issue. Most challenging growdown yet! See why I said to mass sow them all? 🤣😎

Last edited:
Give them time. Don’t give up on them. They will be slow I imagine. As I stated initially, I need to refresh this inventory. Some storage mistakes were made. I haven’t started anything yet, but this is good data either way. I wouldn’t worry until a month has passed with no hooks. Then we can say we have a major issue. Most challenging growdown yet! See why I said to mass sow them all? 🤣😎
!! Don't worry I'm not about to give up as I do know that some C. chinense may be lazy AF when it's time to show up and this is why my stress level gauge isn't at the maximum... yet!

Back