• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music any metal heads on thp?

Pentagram has such a cool backstory behind them, technically they may be the first "metal" band since they released an LP before Sabbath did.  They were working hard doing full time jobs and KISS had heard of them and Gene Simmons and Ace Frehley stopped by their house one day--one of the member's mother was at home and called up the guy who was working saying "Hey there are some guys from a band called KISS at the house"

The guy's boss wouldn't let him leave lol.  I think that's how the story went at least.

Tinnie said:

Damn i never woulda guessed Essegi.... cheers for sharing that.... really like some of those bands with the native folk influence...

Great to see you mention Bolt Thrower too!.... bloody love their album The IVth Crusade... a band i must revisit very soon...

A lot slower than the Fintroll video you posted... you might like this though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kASsOKJlu8M
Thanks you too! I'm not very used to that music.
The one you shared is very interesting. And the voice is nice (in black/viking often it's an issue for me so i barely know that genre). That song is great!

Btw... I've discovered that Testament is in Brescia at 18 august 2014, it's a bit more of 100km from my home. Only 12€ for the event!
I must go here!

Essegi said:
Thanks you too! I'm not very used to that music.
The one you shared is very interesting. And the voice is nice (in black/viking often it's an issue for me so i barely know that genre). That song is great!

Btw... I've discovered that Testament is in Brescia at 18 august 2014, it's a bit more of 100km from my home. Only 12€ for the event!
I must go here!

Thats awesome!..... Daaaaaaaaaaamn i miss cheap European metal gigs.....

Im not big on black metal either mate... 

sp33d said:
Edit..might offend some but there was nothing better then listening to some slayer or cannibal corpse while shooting at the Taliban out the side of my helicopter with my xm-218 50cal machine gun....getting goose bumps thinking about it..

Ha. This song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGOGybrdxfU

Slayer's most underrated album IMO.  People don't give it its due because it doesn't have Lombardo.  Fictional Reality?  cmon now

ikeepfish said:
Slayer's most underrated album IMO.  People don't give it its due because it doesn't have Lombardo.  Fictional Reality?  cmon now

favourite album... favourite song off the album... 

I've really not listen enough Slayer. I remember i liked a lot Seasons In The Abyss.
Proud Marine Dad said:
Does anyone like Man O War?
I know the lead guitarist Karl.
Not my style of music but some like it.
Cool. I really like their early albums.

Yeeeaaah! I've been to Testament show (and i risked a lot to skip this for a desertion).
Tracklist (not in order):

Rise Up
The Preacher
More Than Meets the Eye
Native Blood
True American Hate
Dark Roots of Earth
Into the Pit
The New Order
Practice What You Preach
Riding the Snake
Eyes of Wrath
Over the Wall
Disciples of the Watch
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
3 Days in Darkness
Alone in the Dark
The Formation of Damnation

Too bad there hasn't been C.O.T.L.O.D.
Sound was quite ugly (imho drums weren't so bad) and i don't know a lot that band (strange sinche thrash is maybe my fav genre).
Nice open air location but with with gravel/rock soil.
In spite of that they've been awesome!
Great group, they can hold a show for sure and was in good shape! Chuck Billy surely knows how to please the crowd. A pleasure also to see ex Death members as Digiorgio and Hoglan and also hystoric band members as Skolnick and Peterson!

Crazy thing is I grew up on a lot of the bands y'all have been talking about. I'm going to a show tonight in Dallas for a few bands that I Iike and kind of keep up with now. Smaller less popular bands but still metal none the less.

I can remember my best friend and I just sitting around in his house, heads rocking, listening to Arch Enemy, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Mudvayne, P.O.D., Fear Factory, S.O.A.D., Rammstein, Killswitch Engage, and Devildriver.

The list goes on and on but we just enjoyed the music. Any and all types we checked out, from the super popular to the very under ground bands. I didn't matter. We went to quite a few of those bands live shows also.

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of bands like For Today, Sleeping Giant, Those Who Fear, and occasionally some old school Killswitch Engage. Whatever tickles the ears fancy.

I'll throw this out there too.  I've been waiting for YEARS for them to put out another album.  All of them are out of print and expensive as hell even after the krone conversion to dollars. *puts on eye patch and peg leg*

http://youtu.be/6pGU_jD7H_c

This shit is ridiculous.. ly funny!

Cooking Hostile with Phil Anselmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds5fnfz-DTY

Back