• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music any metal heads on thp?

I thought Death Magnetic was alright until I heard those rapture trumpets, and thought to myself "really? Another 'Unforgiven?'" That's when I turned it off.

I'm a die hard MetallicA fan since 1987. Twenty plus shows at least. and can tell you without a doubt their best album
is Garage Days. funny enuff its not their music. I have no interest in anything after the black album. But still always go to
the local shows

I've been working on rebuilding my music collection for about 2 years now.  I still have hundreds of albums on my old computer that I can't get into right now but this is what I'm working with right now.  As you might notice, it's mostly metal

music_zps36955469.jpg

Any recommendations based on that would be appreciated.

Amon Amarth and Iced Earth are the only ones of those I listen to, but Megadeath, Black Sabbath, and Metallica are good also. Going to see an Amon Amarth/Sabaton/Skeletonwitch concert in October actually. Ticket was only 27 dollars.
-
Musicmap.com is your friend. It shows bands closer or farther away than the one you click on, and grouped together ones are closer still. For example, musicmap/Amon Amarth has Hypocrisy right next to it, so people who like Amon Amarth also listen to that. A bit farther out is Alestorm, an absolutely hilarious power metal band about pirates that I think is pretty good. Clicking on them yields Gloryhammer as a close result, which has the same keyboardist and stuff.

I'm considering driving down to Charlotte in October for that Amon Amarth tour...that's a hell of a drive from here so I may make it to the beach that week too. I hadn't heard of musicmap but it sounds useful I'm going to have to check it out. If you like Amon Amarth you could possibly like Enslaved, they're more viking/black though. Anything off the Frost album is worth getting a hold of

ikeepfish said:
I'm considering driving down to Charlotte in October for that Amon Amarth tour...that's a hell of a drive from here so I may make it to the beach that week too. I hadn't heard of musicmap but it sounds useful I'm going to have to check it out. If you like Amon Amarth you could possibly like Enslaved, they're more viking/black though. Anything off the Frost album is worth getting a hold of
I like bands that tell a story, and Amon Amarth is on the heavier side of it, Most of it's heavy power metal and lighter heavy metal, then it jumps right up to melodic death.

Wes and I declared June 16th National Black Label Society Day this year. Put it in your diaries, June 16th. BLS Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58rsv0bYuGw

ikeepfish said:
I've been working on rebuilding my music collection for about 2 years now.  I still have hundreds of albums on my old computer that I can't get into right now but this is what I'm working with right now.  As you might notice, it's mostly metal

music_zps36955469.jpg

Any recommendations based on that would be appreciated.

There are many I would add, but here is a few.

Volbeat, A7X, FFDP, Trivium, Slipknot are the first that come to mind  for the newer bands, but where is Testament in your list of 80-90s bands?

Oh and Godsmack. They have a new album soon. New single is just out.

Jeff H said:

There are many I would add, but here is a few.

Volbeat, A7X, FFDP, Trivium, Slipknot are the first that come to mind  for the newer bands, but where is Testament in your list of 80-90s bands?

Oh and Godsmack. They have a new album soon. New single is just out.
*facepalm*

you think I've never heard of those bands?  :P I do have some old Testament albums on my old computer like The New Order. in the way of German thrash I'll take sodom, destruction, kreator, etc.  I love helvete black metal too

PepTalk said:
you musta bumped your head... Real Hard!
  Go listen to Master of Puppets about 500 times  and get back to me in about 25 years!
uh
what? Death Magnetic is a lot more like Master/And Justice than the black album was.  The black album was when Bob Rock started ruining them.

ikeepfish said:
*facepalm*

you think I've never heard of those bands?  :P I do have some old Testament albums on my old computer like The New Order. in the way of German thrash I'll take sodom, destruction, kreator, etc.  I love helvete black metal too

uh
what? Death Magnetic is a lot more like Master/And Justice than the black album was.  The black album was when Bob Rock started ruining them.
Who cares about Bob dildo Rock.    I'm talking about the music.  Death Magnetic Sucks period.

ikeepfish said:
*facepalm*

uh

You just asked what needed to be added to your list. Those jumped out at me as bands taht shouldn't be missing. :D

All I have to say about Metallica is that not everything the did after Justice sucked, but every time they try to rediscover their roots, it is just bad. I can sum it up in two words: St. Anger.

Jeff H said:

You just asked what needed to be added to your list. Those jumped out at me as bands taht shouldn't be missing. :D

All I have to say about Metallica is that not everything the did after Justice sucked, but every time they try to rediscover their roots, it is just bad. I can sum it up in two words: <Blasphemy deleted>.
Don't give it the dignity of a mention. The next couple seconds of this song sum it up pretty well.http://youtu.be/AvRZxn7e3hc?t=1m43s Stop at 1:46

Eh, Metallica was a groundbreaking band in the eighties but in my opinion there are far better and more interesting thrash bands from the time period.  Personally I like (old) Slayer a whole lot more than I like Metallica.  I don't think I've ever even heard anything from St. Anger, I never even gave it the time of day.  Someone said "no solos, James plays on two strings and Lars sounds like he's banging on trash cans"  that was all I needed to hear. 

If you want corny though, I'll show you corny....I present: Ninja Magic!

Nothing exemplifies stealth like black outfits in the snow!

Back