• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any morcycle riders on THP?

I've had a few bikes over the last 20 years, but it's been about 9 years since I last owned one.

My dad had a Yamaha VStar 1100 classic that I got to borrow whenever I wanted it. For the last 12 months or so he hasn't been using it much so I offered to buy it off of him.

It's a good feeling being back on a bike and my dad still has access to a bike whenever he needs one.

vstar1100.jpg

Any other riders out there?

YEP ! Nice cruzier !
Ride a GSXR750 04` & CRF450r 07`
I try ride everyday if I can ! I uses to race MX but broke my back a few years ago and have not since, but still thrash around most weekends.

I used to do alot of trackdays and was getting into roadracing, but..........life changes things. Gotta baby on the way now, and a job that pays less. Had a 2005 ZX-6R ,and a 2002 fully raceprepped SV-650 I've gotta sell now. If I had the money still I would sure play again. Friend wants me to try his Super Motard on the track. That could be kind of fun. Sure wouldn't mind just cruising down some back country roads on a cruiser either. Would be very enjoyable.

I don't own one yet, but I'm enrolled in the MSF Basic Rider Course towards the end of this month..that will land me with an M endorsement on my license, then it's time to look around for a bike.

Rabbit - I was actually considering getting one of the more recent SV650SF with ABS as a first bike. Still not sure yet, want to get something that I can put my feet flat on the ground..at least for my first one. Trying to strike a balance between being a noob and not wanting to turn around and sell the first bike right after I bought it (to get something a little faster).

xgrafcorex said:
I don't own one yet, but I'm enrolled in the MSF Basic Rider Course towards the end of this month..that will land me with an M endorsement on my license, then it's time to look around for a bike.

Rabbit - I was actually considering getting one of the more recent SV650SF with ABS as a first bike. Still not sure yet, want to get something that I can put my feet flat on the ground..at least for my first one. Trying to strike a balance between being a noob and not wanting to turn around and sell the first bike right after I bought it (to get something a little faster).

SV650 was my first bike, but with a top end of barely of 100 MPH i had to get a gsxr 600. Not that the sv650 isnt fast enough, but I was always left behind when riding with friends. ( didnt speed much but it lacked acceleration)

Right now I got a 2003 636 stunt piece and a 2007 600rr streetbike. Havent been riding much, my tires are on cords and I don't have the money right now :banghead:.

I also ride a 50 and it's the most fun in the world

2636_59901013653_672933653_1484411_3374634_n.jpg

old no throttle hand idle wooolie
346139586_l.jpg

I ride myself so no new pics :(

I own a Yamaha XS650C but had no time for maintenance so it's standing in the garage without a license for 5 years now.
Last times I rode bikes was rented Fat Boys in 2005 (San Francisco to Ft. Bragg and back) and 2007 (Miami to Key West and back).

Yep. I've been riding for a while now. Some of the older members might remember the bike my friend and i built:

a2bf_1.jpg

FiveSix said:
that thing's pretty tastefull looking sickmont

Personally, it ain't my style at all. It was built to make some money, thats all. We're not into the "circus bikes" at all, you know?

Sickmont said:
Personally, it ain't my style at all. It was built to make some money, thats all. We're not into the "circus bikes" at all, you know?

yeah I agree completely as you can see from my pics, I own no customs. Personally I ride for tricks, I just am not happy on 2 wheels unless one's spinning. I have no comprehension how people turn on those things. The do look cool though.

Wow a bit of variety out there, I had to google a couple of them to get an idea what they looked like.

The chopper looks good sickmont, not sure it's practical as a regular ride but it looks sweet.

This is my bike.....

2007 XVS 1300a Yamaha V Star
XVS1300a.jpg

Picture is from yamaha as I don't have one at work......But that's exactly what my bike looks like, But I have saddle bags and a sissy bar

'00 GSF 1200S - mine
'01 XL 883 - hers
'04 FLHTCUI - 95" - mine
'07 FLHTCUSE² - 110" - hers

We used to ride a lot, but have been way too busy with a house and baby...

Used to ride many moons ago. Started with a Honda 90, next at 16 was a KZ400 Kawasaki then in 1980 at the ripe old age of 19 I bought a new Kawasaki LTD 1000. Loved that bike.

Had to give riding up when the back went on me. If I ever get to ride again I'll definitely go with a big cruiser.

patrick said:
Used to ride many moons ago. Started with a Honda 90, next at 16 was a KZ400 Kawasaki then in 1980 at the ripe old age of 19 I bought a new Kawasaki LTD 1000. Loved that bike.

Had to give riding up when the back went on me. If I ever get to ride again I'll definitely go with a big cruiser.

My first bike was a LTD440, I liked the look of the LTD series.

moyboy said:
This is my bike.....

2007 XVS 1300a Yamaha V Star
XVS1300a.jpg

Picture is from yamaha as I don't have one at work......But that's exactly what my bike looks like, But I have saddle bags and a sissy bar

Where did you mount the sissy bar? Behind the driver's seat?:lol:

Back