• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anybody else here a gearhead?

Reviving this thread with some good news!

Well I haven't been on much lately, but for those of you who didn't know, I moved to Japan. Since I'm into cars and out here, I had to find myself a Skyline GTR! It's a 1992 but it's still a blast. Here are some pics:

IMG_1528e.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

IMG_1497e.jpg

Put some new wheels(well the stock ones) on the car tonight. The person I bought it from had the other ones put on there..a bit too flashy for me. Here's the ones I put on.
DSC00035.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

Here’s a FYI for rookies who may be rebuilding an engine. When you install a new cam, it’s a good idea to go ahead and buy new lifters, so as not to send metal shaving thru-out your $2500 rebuild…then you wont have to pick up approximately 7 cubes by having to bore her 30 over. Now if a 397 is what you’re after….go for it

Ahhh, lifters - there's your problem :P

Reviving this thread with some good news!

Well I haven't been on much lately, but for those of you who didn't know, I moved to Japan. Since I'm into cars and out here, I had to find myself a Skyline GTR! It's a 1992 but it's still a blast. Here are some pics:

Put some new wheels(well the stock ones) on the car tonight. The person I bought it from had the other ones put on there..a bit too flashy for me. Here's the ones I put on.

Nice GTR!

very jealous of that gtr!! my fave is r33. but yours is clean, nonetheless

nice mr2 walka!

my car (no im not a drifter)
5650_101618588807_708938807_2002986_2194058_n.jpg

ohh yes, I am

Engine Performance:
GT3076R
Modified peakboost sidewinder manifold
3" downpipe
Full fuel return system, walbro 255 in tank and bosch 044 in line
Blueprint Racing Complete Valvetrain with flat faced valves
ID 1000cc injectors
E-85
Integra Type R cams
Cometic .27mm Head Gasket – 11.74:1 CR
Custom Kteller/Vibrant 3” exhaust
Hondata Kpro programmable ECU
Power Steering delete
Air Conditioning delete
Innovative 75A Motor Mounts
Samco radiator hoses

Suspension/Brake Performance:
Stoptech Stage II Slotted Brake kit
Tien S. Tech springs
Mugen front strut bar
Mugen rear strut bar
Integra Type R rear sway bar
SPC front and rear camber kit
Tien S. Tech springs
Mugen front control arm bushings

Exterior/Interior Styling:
Vehicle repainted Porsche Dark Olive Metallic
OEM A-Spec lip kit
Gram Lights 57-F powder coated Gold
Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk
TYC Carbon Fiber side mirrors
Blacked out interior
Integra Type R blue carpet
Integra Type R blue door panel liners
Integra Type R Pedals and dead pedal
Personal Neo 330mm Steering wheel, NRG short hub adapter, NRG gen 2.5 Quick Release
Sparco Shift Knob/Club RSX suede shift boot
Blacked out headlights
Blacked out tail lights
Spyder yellow faced fog light
6000k HID’s in high beams

Car makes 494whp on 14.5lbs of boost

quarter mile in 11.1 @ 128mph

DSC_0297-1.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

166832_182005961827429_108670155827677_550788_157475_n.jpg

damn 11.74:1 compression? drop that shit and crank up the boost! lmao. j/k

wheres the intercooler?

nice rsx

do any of you youngsters remember Novacaine

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/tag/nova-caine/

saw him run at the 280 dragaway outside Jacksonville, North Carolina in 1970...

I drove a 70 Dodge Dart Swinger, 340 4 speed and was turning low to mid 13s straight off the show room floor...I bought it without airconditioning, power steering and power brakes...nothing came off this engine except HP to the rear end...which sucked...had a 323....

damn 11.74:1 compression? drop that shit and crank up the boost! lmao. j/k

wheres the intercooler?

nice rsx

I am at the maximum flow of the GT3076 right now, only way for me to make more power on this setup is to upgrade the turbo, which I do not want to do

intercooler wasnt in those pics, those pics are when it was supercharged

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

heres when it was supercharged

DSC_0307.jpg

before the exterior revamp

mycar006Medium.jpg

video of the supercharger, 2nd gear tops out at 63mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IC7PXR3tZw&feature=channel_video_title

car ran 12.8 @ 114 supercharged on RT-615's

made 320whp 220tq supercharged with an aftercooler on a 3" pulley, netting me right around 11psi

i dont know the first thing about cars! so this thread was fun to read! i race motorcycles, so far i have done all the work myself,
07 gsxr 600
no engine work yet
steel brake lines,
-1+2 on the sprockets(faster acceleration)
race air filter, titanium headers(still saving for the rest of the exhaust)
Bazzaz Z-FI ECU piggyback system with auto tune, traction control, quickshifter(clutchless upshifts)
last dino run 2 months ago made 107BHP and weighs in at 470wet. little bugger goes fast!
Nov-12-Ti2TTGroupC1140amCLI_6005.jpg

Wheebz, those look like some Motegi Traklites. Hehe I'm running the same turbo and same wheels on my 2007 SI that is back in the states. Pic related.

1310257041314.jpg

Wish I would've realized Full Race did anodizing, I would've gotten the FMIC done. Running boost by gear via Hondata, 5 psi in first, 7 in second, and 10 from 3-6. 352whp.

Spongey, your pic didn't work, but the bike sounds nice. I have an 09 FZ6. It's also back in the states though. If I get my license out here in Japan, I might try and pick up a KTM Super Duke 990r. :dance:

the 3076R is hands down my favorite turbo that I have come across next to the brand new borg warner EFR's, which are just stupidly expensive

Wheebz - What tires are you running on the RSX? I have some friends up in the NOVA/MD area that told me to head up to Innovative to get tuned but it was so close to when I was leaving the country (and my car) that I didn't think it would be worth it until after I got back. They came highly recommended though.

Walka - Nice video! I have always wanted to get out and do some Auto-X but not sure my SI is best suited for that. I would still like to try it out though.

Back