• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
SnF's Patty Melt

First we start with 9oz of grass fed ground beef courtesy of Quarter Circle 7 Ranch in Marengo, IL.  Toast up some rye bread.  Slather with home made hab mustard (recipe from here).  Drop on a lil home made sauerkraut for extra crunch and tastableness.  Top that with the burger smothered in melty cheesiness.  Throw some grilled onion and jalas on top of that for good measure and cap it with your toasted rye.  Serve with your favorite libation, food coma awaits...

Prep and PoL:

20r5tw5.jpg

After Assemblage:

io3w90.jpg

With the hat on:

nx9jqg.jpg

Cut pic:

furyu.jpg

Mmmfffph

svtmp0.jpg

Habanero Mustard Recipe:

1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds
1/2 cup tequila
1/2 cut distilled vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 dried habs (sub your own favorite to taste)

Dump the mustard seeds into a non reactive bowl.
Top with tequila, cover with plastic wrap.  Let sit 2-3 days, until the tequila is absorbed.
Once tequila is absorbed transfer to food processor and push play.
Drizzle in the vinegar (you'll need it all) and then add the salt.
Turn out to a bowl, cover tightly and allow to age in the back of the fridge for one month.
After a month take it out and taste - might need a bit more salt and/or a touch of honey for balance.
Keeps pretty much indefinitely.  :)

That looks delish. Post the mustard recipe por favor.

Bought the meat grinder attachment for the kitchenaid mixer. Worked fairly well. I didn't grind any of the seasoning in, figured I could do that after the fact. 

Here's some brisket and pacetta 

Looks pretty tasty

Here's the straight brisket, probably going to mix it with some chuck to make it stretch. Want to have some left over for sliders next weekend. 

My spicy cherry bomb aoli with JHP smoked carib chocolate blend, cherry bomb peppers and sriracha mayo, reg mayo and lemon juice

SmokenFire said:
SnF's Patty Melt

First we start with 9oz of grass fed ground beef courtesy of Quarter Circle 7 Ranch in Marengo, IL.  Toast up some rye bread.  Slather with home made hab mustard (recipe from here).  Drop on a lil home made sauerkraut for extra crunch and tastableness.  Top that with the burger smothered in melty cheesiness.  Throw some grilled onion and jalas on top of that for good measure and cap it with your toasted rye.  Serve with your favorite libation, food coma awaits...

Prep and PoL:

20r5tw5.jpg

After Assemblage:

io3w90.jpg

With the hat on:

nx9jqg.jpg

Cut pic:

furyu.jpg

Mmmfffph

svtmp0.jpg
The reigning champ with another stellar entry. Looks awesome! I especially like that it's not on soggy greasy toast. That really kills a patty melt for me (Steak n shake)
Here's a little teaser for my alternative blend. I'm going way out of the box with this one.

I'll also have a 100% beef as well. I'm pretty excited to eat this stuff tomorrow.

A beef and a salmon. Nice!

You can have a good visit this weekend and make sliders next, if you're in town.

You would have all day Friday also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back