• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool

Heckle said:

I'm still deciding if I want to enter. Mixing an egg into it doesnt count as a blend right?

No that's a vegetable, remember?

Seriously though that's a binder. I have altered the description as well.

Poll 1 - Beef - A Beef burger needs to have a patty of 100% beef with no other animal proteins, cooking fats and egg binders notwithstanding.

From here on out just post your burger and I'll place it in the correct poll in the end. But I think NOW it is clear, lol.

The Hot Pepper said:

No that's a vegetable, remember?

100% beef with no other animal proteins, cooking fats and egg binders notwithstanding.

But I think NOW it is clear, lol.

haha 

winner of best overall burger gets a chicken egg tree :D

I think everyone just trolls you about the directions. :shh:

^
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're not even using an egg. I'll wait and see. :lol:

The Hot Pepper said:
^
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're not even using an egg. I'll wait and see. :lol:

Ya I meant to say I wasnt even using one in the previous post.

Busted. :P

男人肉汁

这就像这一点,这样的,这样你知道
Zhè jiù xiàng zhè yīdiǎn, zhèyàng de, zhèyàng nǐ zhīdào

this is another packed weekend for me, but I've got some ingredients, meat, fresh home-grown vine ripened tomatoes, and some cucumbers in brine so hopefully I'll get around to cooking something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

I searched the internet for burger royale trying to see if it had a history and maybe used some specific ingredients but it just seems to be a name some joints use...including McDonald's.

In most markets unfamiliar with customary measurements, the Quarter Pounder is known as the Hamburger Royale, McRoyal, or variants thereof. In France, Belgium and Portugal for example, the Quarter Pounder, which by standard includes cheese is called Royal Cheese. In Italy, formerly known as McRoyal DeLuxe, it goes by Deluxe, Cheese and Bacon variants.

My dough is started. Never made my own buns before but this jalapeno cheddar bread is pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pkq_eBHXJ4

Heckle said:
I searched the internet for burger royale trying to see if it had a history and maybe used some specific ingredients but it just seems to be a name some joints use...including McDonald's.

My dough is started. Never made my own buns before but this jalapeno cheddar bread is pretty awesome.

Burger Royale is just a riff on Battle Royal(e). We had a Battle Royale once too, then the next year I made it burgers. And there's also the burger tie in as mentioned.

The Hot Pepper said:

Burger Royale is just a riff on Battle Royal(e). We had a Battle Royale once too, then the next year I made it burgers. And there's also the burger tie in as mentioned.

Jeez I should have remembered that!

Here's most my ingredients, forgot a few toppings like egg and maybe lettuce but it's a start. Also it's my POL

Safe to assume if I mix chuck and ground brisket it's not considered a blend right?

Blend going to be brisket and pancetta , i'm not cooking tonight though just prepping what I can and maybe making the buns. Bought some back up buns in case the fresh baked ones don't turn out good. 

D3monic said:
Safe to assume if I mix chuck and ground brisket it's not considered a blend right?

Blend going to be brisket and pancetta 

Unless that brisket is pork. You guys ask the silliest questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back