• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
jZHeyAi.jpg

koeAoTn.jpg

Looks good, especially those onions ...

Musky's State Fair Burger

The beef: 85/15, barely handled, and cooked in a cast iron pan over medium high heat.

The curds: Fresh Wisconsin white and yellow cheese curds. They were coated with flour, then an egg and buttermilk bath, then breaded with a mixture of flour, corn flake crumbs, and smoked hab powder, and fried with canola oil in a cast iron pan.

The Jalapenos: Sliced extra thin, and flash fried after the curds.

The bun: Bakery fresh sesame seed, and ever so lightly toasted.

The sauce: Mayo, some Texas Creek Chipotle BBQ Sauce, and a glob of my 7 Pot puree.

And bacon.

WOW mm - you DO mean barely handled. Looks like you just took a cookie cutter and sliced down into a pack of ground meat. And OOOOOOH YEAAAAAAH - me likey that you didn't overcook the meat. Nice entry! I never thought of doing that with cheese curds, but will have to give it a try.

Damn these are some damn fine looking burgers. I'll be in tomorrow. Today was a wash. We did a 4k today, called Tap'N'Run. Basically, it was a walk that we drink beer doing. Then, our water heater sprung a leak and I hd to replace it. I ended up putting in a tankless. Took about 6 hrs to do. I had one in our last though and they're pretty awesome.

Here's from the "run" lol

Ozzy2001 said:
Damn these are some damn fine looking burgers. I'll be in tomorrow. Today was a wash. We did a 4k today, called Tap'N'Run. Basically, it was a walk that we drink beer doing. Then, our water heater sprung a leak and I hd to replace it. I ended up putting in a tankless. Took about 6 hrs to do. I had one in our last though and they're pretty awesome.

Here's from the "run" lol

A water heater pic posted in a Throwdown thread.

Does it get more awesome than that?

Negative.

None more awesome.

Wait.

It DOES get more awesome.

The second sellfie pic just popped up.

Water heater + selfiie in a burger throwdown thread.

I can't make this kine' o' comedy up y'all.

Ozzy's Spicy Tuna Sushi inspired Burger

So the spicy tuna sushi roll is one of my favorites.  It's rare that I will not order one if I go out for sushi.  So, I figured what the hell on this alternative burger and make something unique.  

Lets start with the burger patty:
3/4 lb Yellowfin tuna mixed 
1 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs soy sauce
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
3 tbs of chile paste
1 egg
1/4 cup red pepper diced
2 green onions 
salt
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs to bind

mixed all that up, made 4 patties and put in the fridge for 15mins

Fresh made Sriracha mayo:
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbs Sriracha
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
4 grilled green onions
2 tsp minced ginger
2 tsp wasabi

Rice Buns:
2 cups Jasmine rice cooked, let cool, formed into patty shapes and lightly seared one side to help hold it together.

I cooked the patties on high heat with a little vegetable oil in the pan for 2-3 mins on both sides, which left the middle rare  :drooling:

After they were cooked I put some of the mayo on the bottom "bun", then the patty, followed by 3 slices of avacado, more spicy mayo, a drizzle of Sriracha, and the top bun to create this.

I was surprised how well the rice actually held together.  

Believe it or not I was able to hold it like a buger and eat it.

Overall, it was pretty easy to make and tasted fantastic.  If only I had some sake to go with it.

You have to do that yourself. Make another post.

Reminds me of the ramen bun burger. I like. I'd probably fork it but I like the idea of calling it a burger as it looks like one. And has all the flavors of a sushi roll. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back