contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Round 1 - Beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured there would be a few Jucy Lucy's (invented in Minneapolis in the 1950's) in this TD, and I was right. First post! Nicely done Melium.

I just sat down for the first time since 5:30 this morning, and need to start a 20 hour day in about 4 1/2 hours...

BUT, when I wake up at about 2:00 pm on Sunday I'll show y'all what's up!

In the meantime....BRING IT!!

A little bit of sauce for this mouth watering goliath. Pablano Lemon Aioli........oh May'un! Whipped up with garlic, red onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, Pink Himalayan salt, pepper, a pinch of Terragon and a pinch of Marjoram. Bursting with flavors that will tickle your taste buds and make them stand at attention.

IMG_2628.jpg

BURGERS ON DA' SCORCHIN' HOT C.I.! Sear all of those wonderful juices in. Leaving a perfectly cooked BEEF burger. Only thing this needed seasoning with was a little S and P baby.

It's almost time for the finale :mouthonfire:

IMG_2632.jpg

A little bit of sauce for this mouth watering goliath. Pablano Lemon Aioli........oh May'un! Whipped up with garlic, red onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, Pink Himalayan salt, pepper, a pinch of Terragon and a pinch of Marjoram. Bursting with flavors that will tickle your taste buds and make them stand at attention.

Hummmm? Another aioli!!

Sco, it has done sunk in! You in this TD? Do the pro's wait till the last minute?

Where the hell is Sum? The champ?

no, DB,,,,, wel, maybe. I dunno.

I ain't committed yet, I still may boycott this whole friggen TD.
boss changin his whole friggen ideas, 32 pages of structured TD talk, 4 days before the start.
I'm comin for yah DANNo. and you too DawgBite....

GGrrrrrrr

A lot of times I've seen SL post first, this time she's waiting til tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday usually are busy. JayT may not post if he can't get photobucket to cooperate. :)

EL CHUPACABRA BURGER (SO GOOD IT'S GOT TO BE THE DEVIL)

Fresh Butcher ground beef (1/2 pound hand formed patty)
Chi Charron (Authentic pork rinds)
Kerrygold Irish cheddar cheese
Fresh Saltwater shrimp
Madava Agave Nectar
Dried Pequins
Lemons
Red onion
Pablano pepper
Garlic Clove
King Arthur Bread Flour
Fresh ground pepper
Pink Himalayan salt
Tarragon
Marjoram
Eggs (scovie.....)
Butter
Garlic and Cheese Croutons (crushed to make Shrimp dijon bread crumbs)

Pequin stuffed blue agave Hamburger Buns

1 Cup water
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Egg
3 1/4 Cups Flour
1/4 Cup Blue Agave Nectar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp quick rise yeast

1/3 cup dried pequins

Make yeast starter with 1 cup water. (110 degree water add yeast, stir, let set for 5 minutes) Add yeast starter and rest of ingredients to a large bowl (or stand alone mixer w/dough hook) mix well until you have a nice dough ball. Set in lightly greased bowl, cover with damp dish towel and let rise for 1 hour.

Remove dough ball and separate into 8 balls and flatten slightly. Cover with damp towel and let rise for 45 minutes or until puffed up. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cook buns for 12-15 minutes.

Remove and let cool before cutting open. (helps to keep the buns from being doughy)

Killer Shrimp Dijon

Take Croutons and crush them up good. Add 1/2 stick melted butter, 1/2 tbsp minced garlic and mix together. Finely chop the Chi Charron into crumbles and set aside. spread 1/2 of the crumbs in a oven safe glass dish, place down raw deshelled shrimp and spread the rest of the mix over top. Take crumbled Chi Charron 2 tbsp and sprinkle over top. Turn Broiler to high and place rack as high as it will go. Broil for 6.5 minutes.

Pablano Lemon Aioli (Heaven sent)

3/4 cup Mayo
1 tsp fresh lemon zest
1 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp finely chopped red onion
3 tbsp finely chopped pablano pepper
Take one half of a lemon and give a squeeze over the bowl.
A pinch of Tarragon, Marjoram, salt and pepper

Mix all of the ingredients together and let chill for 30 minutes.

The Beef

Take ground beef and salt and pepper to taste. I use about 4 turns of the S and P grinders. Mix together well and form 1/2 pound patty. Start your C.I. at full burner and let it get nice and hot (about 10 minutes) Toss in a little butter and lay the patty in. Let it sear on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear the other side for two minutes. Lower heat and let cook for about 6 more minutes (depending on how thick your patty is) Turn off burner, lay on slices of cheddar cheese add a little water to the hot C.I. and cover with a pan lid. Let set for 1 minute. Cheese will be nice and gooey.

Here is the delicious burger of all burgers. It is succulent, velvety with a nice crunch from the Shrimp dijon crumbs. The Pablano Lemon Aioli has such a nice twang that compliments the Shrimp dijon. The burger melts in your mouth and every flavor pops out and says hello. The bun has a simple sweetness from the agave and a nice spice from the pequins. The whole burger is bursting with flavors. Garnished with a pickle spear, habanero feta stuffed olive and a cube of cheddar.

Even if I don't win, I have impressed myself with this burger and will make it many more times to come.

Oh May'un!
IMG_2637.jpg

Boom!
IMG_2639.jpg

Okay first time throwdown hopefully done it right.

Couple of prep pics.
Extras
SDC11144.jpg

Burgers
SDC11145.jpg

Alright here it is in all its glory, think i may have done my heart some damage with this feed

Lmao! Damn that's one towering burgerpalooza you've got there. Sides are not allowed. I don't know if it matters because they are not in the plating pics but boss will let ya know or geeme. Throw that Shizuoka on top the burgerdome! Good job man welcome to TD madness

Oh wait are all of the "sides" on the burger? I think you calling them sides confused me...that thing'll keep you runnin' for a week!

Booma... take everything from "DOWNUNDER THUNDER BURGER" and post it again. Bold your title and make the typeface a bit bigger than the rest.

And add a space between the two pics.

This will help you. Trust.

DOWNUNDER THUNDER BURGER

Beef Patties:

Little fatty beef mince
Garlic
Onion
Basil
Oregano
Tomato Relish
Habanero Powder
Jalapenos
3 types of cheese, gouda, swiss, jarlsberg

Extras:
Avocado
Onions
Mushrooms
Bacon
Proscuitto
Pineapple
Charred capsicum
Pickles
Egg

The tower
SDC11146.jpg

Sliced
SDC11148.jpg
</p>

Geez so much easy to edit on my normal computer, for some reason the laptop has none of the toolbars. Cheers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back