• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Round 2 - Veggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know G is sayin' she's makin' a burger....but in my mind, it's still pumpkin pie - but now with HOT :fireball: chocolate!!!!!!!!

...mebby it's this crummy Junuary weather we're having......no matter - she's got me on the hook fo' sho'!!!!!!!!!

yea, sum's screwed, but there's sumthin' brewing with cho-co-la-te an' heads, an'... :silenced:

[sup]why is it the :no-talk: smiley is always at the end of the list of most popular smilies???[/sup]

LDHS - first off, I give you my bonus points for 1) fair use of Bacardi, 2) wiggling some pasta in there!, and 3) CHEEZ!!!!! I love that you said it's something you'd make again! I was going to subtract a point for the lentils (never have met a lentil I liked), but darned if you didn't make even those little nasties look GOOD!!!!!! A+ my friend!!!!!! :)

So far...LDHS:

+1 for movie reference
+1 for use of one of my favorite rums...Bac. Sel.
+1 for use of lentils...and personal fav.
+1 for a damn fine looking concoction
+1 for SKIPPING THE 90DAMN PINEAPPLE!!!

OK...the real deal...

Teaser with POL:

junetd1.jpg

The burger patty ingredients...immature naga morich, caribbean red, leeks, baby-bella mushrooms, potatoes, onion, barley...shit...I'm making soup on a bun here!

junetd3.jpg

In der prossessor:

junetd4.jpg

Use the tater...a mashed potato binder, people...you can't buy this kind of awesome.

junetd5.jpg

And the buns...OOOHHHH the buns...

i used a bread recipe and added 1/4 amount of cornmeal, half the yeast (for a little low-rise action), some garlic powder, diced caribbean reds, and leeks...I brushed melted butter on top, and added sesame seeds...but the little bastards fell off out of the oven...

junetd2.jpg

Cook'em yo...I used butter...but the whole time...was thinking bacon grease would really be tha sheeyott.

junetd6.jpg

I'm going to have to get weird up in here!

...and that's different from every day how exactly?
:dance:

Damn fine looking burgers LB, I just wish I liked mishrooms. That actually made it hard when I was veggie - so many veggie dishes use mushies. Sigh...I can eat em but the flavor is odd to me. Shiitakes are about the only fungus I can do.

Still - they look very moist & the buns look terrific! I'd eat em, just mushies aren't my favorite is all.

Ingreds. Well most of 'em anyhoo.
P6110877.jpg

The big 'ol patty.
P6110878.jpg

Fresh baked cheesy corn bread roll. Can you smell that...? Smells guuud!
P6110880.jpg

Chunky guac base.
P6110887.jpg

CI grilled patty with chargrilled capsicum (bell pepper) with a decent squirt of Cholula Hot Sauce.
P6110889.jpg

Final pics to come.

The Spicy Mexican

Sourdough Cheesy Corn Bread: High gluten white flour, sourdough starter, creamed corn, 7 dried and crushed birds eye chillies, cheese, salt, fresh cracked black pepper and water. I went with 70% hydration, which makes it a pain to work with but results in good crumb. Lightly mix 3 minutes and autolyse (flour and water getting happy) 20 minutes. Proof 20 minutes then fold, repeat 2 more times. Flatten dough, add cheese, roll, flatten and roll. Divide and shape rolls and proof until over double in size. Bake with steam for first 10 minutes at 240 C then lower heat to 200 C for 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Slice and grill on hot CI.

Guacamole: Avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper. Mush ‘n’ mix.

Frijoles Refritos Patty: 400g can Kidney Beans mashed, 4 diced and sautéed mushrooms, egg yolk and breadcrumb binder, salt, cayenne pepper. Form into a monster patty, firm in the fridge for 10 minutes and grill on hot C.I. for 3 - 4 minutes each side.
Add cheese slice and dome, rest off the heat for 3 minutes.
Layer some chargrilled capsicum (bell pepper)
Add a liberal squirt of Cholula Hot Sauce.

Salsa Picada: Finely diced tomato, onion, jalapeno, coriander (cilantro) and lime juice. Mix.
Top with natural yoghurt.

P6110893.jpg

Flavours were awesome. So many things going on in this boiger.

P6110895.jpg

I was thinking "Mexican" when I first saw your ingredients - NICE!

Just a tad more for now. The makings of cream puff pastry dough:

Flour, salt, water, chipotle chile powder, mace, cinnamon, butter, eggs:
P1010019.JPG

Anyone who's made this dough before knows it's a high-intensity prep, so no more pics until later.

Are ya feelin' it yet???

Ingrediants plus PoL

IMG157.jpg

Not sure if I'll be adding more to this or not, kinda in the dark on this one. Just hope its tasty. Just got home from a 13 hour shift, but I'm not pulling no LDHS. :)

Cook'em yo...I used butter...but the whole time...was thinking bacon grease would really be tha sheeyott.

I was thinking the same thing for my burger. I'm pretty sure some bacon fat leached out of the cast iron pan I was using. ;) Ssssshhhhhhhhh!!!

Oh, and Nice Buns, LunchBox!

DTS- that Mexi-burger is sounding awesome!

LB - "soup on a bun".... :rofl: !!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the result!

DTS - THAT is a work of art! Perfect patty, beautiful bun, stacked and garnished to perfection - Gorgeous!!!!

HH - "...but I'm not pulling no LDHS."......uh huh.....but I do see pineapple!!!!!! :lol:

G - your arm tired yet?!?!?!?!?! :D

CJ, I was talkin bout the constant "I have no camera...I had hot sauce touch ups to do........" I kid of course LD :)

TEASER:
IMG154.jpg

Butter infused Aji Blanco Crystals

IMG158.jpg

BUNS FOO'! Glazed with the butter and sprinkled with some House Favorite chile spice and stuffed with serranos and fresnos.

This is really turning out to be cip3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back