contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Round 2 - Veggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
LadySic, that looks awesome, and you are definitely working outside the box with donuts and cornbread. (that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean...;) ) :lol:

I'm in the midst of trashing my kitchen also. will be posting in a bit~

Siccy, GET BUSY CLEANING! :)

Dawg 'n Grassy posting up some good grubs also.

LadySic that looks damn fantastic. And your pics are exactly what I was talking about... those are vote-getters!

Salsalady's Bhut-Yaki Bean Burger DQ

Disclaimer- No Pineapples Were Marinated In The Making Of This Teriyaki Burger!

This burger started out as one thing, then morphed as it went so half the ingredients didn't get used.
96d1497c.jpg

Inspiration= CJ's Bhut-yaki sauce YUM!

d9cb9196.jpg

Sauteed the veggies- red bell peppper and garlic, onion, portabella
946b4844.jpg

Into the bean patty went-
mashed black beans, bread crumbs, eggs, sauteed onions and red peppers/garlic, bhut-yaki sauce, peruvian white hab puree, ginger. I tasted the mix and added more bhut-yaki sauce and ginger until it had a nice spice.
ac3c5b99.jpg

The beans were formed into a large square patty and pan fried in the CI with some veggie oil until nice and crispy brown.
(insert no longer imaginary picture of crispy brown black bean patty)

8757e67d.jpg

5bce7564.jpg

dea0ec24.jpg

34c77683.jpg

The patty was topped with havarti cheese, the rest of the sauteed onions and the portabella mushrooms and then melted in the oven.

Burger assembly-
ciabatta roll, lightly toasted with butter
bhut-yaki sauce (cream cheese, bhut-yaki, ginger, blended until a nice creamy texture)
butter lettuce
tomato
bean patty
havarti
sauteed onions
portabella mushroom
more bhuy-yaki cream cheese on the top bun

c09a9909.jpg

avocado and bleu cheese not used.

It actually tasted really good. The burger was a little smooshy, but when eaten with the other veggies and the roll, it made for a nice lunch.

Let's see some umami in these patties! I need my meatiness.

Lady Sic - Wow - all that kitchen-trashin' was worth it!!!! I really like how you combo'd the beans with the grains! Excellent pics too!!!! Yeah!!!!! :D

Salsa Lady......WooHoo!!!!! Finally - SOME CHEEZ!!!!! Atta Girl!!!!! Thatsa veggie burger I could dance with! :dance:
That's some ooeygooey goodness right there!

Sorry Dawg - just found your Peppa Jack! :)

SL you got some umami going on wit da shrooms cool.

Where you been SD? DQ = Drama Queen.
Or in your case... Drunk Queen.

SL, or THP - Who is going to change the post so that it fits the rules?

She has to but I don't think that's her final looks like a teaser. There's two of almost the same pic at the end. And the name is at the top of all the pics. So she's still gonna post a final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back