• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Round 2 - Veggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Menage A Trois

Tomato and Onion Relish:

12 Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 Brown/White Onion
1/2 Purple Onion
1 tsp Garlic
1 tbsp Sugar

Tomatoes wered diced, onions were sliced and garlic and sugar was added to this.
All ingredients were blended in the barmix, then heated a little in the pan, to combine the sugar

Pomegranate Sauce:

1/2 pomegranate
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Garlic
2 tsp Honey
3 Spring Onion

Seeds taken out from the pomegranate and put in the mortar and pestle, spring onion diced, other ingredients added to mortar and pestle, mixed and mashed, excess liquid was then drained off

Vegie Burger:

2 potatoes
2 sweet potatoes
1/2 Kent Pumpkin

All ingredients boiled in salted water until soft

Beetroot Pattie:

2 Beetroots
1 tsp Garlic
1/4 cup Mixture of Seeds (almond, sesame, pumpkin, sunflower)

Beetroots boiled in a mxture of vinegar and water water until soft

Thai Chilli and Jalapeno Scrolls:

Scrolls
4 1/2 cups bread flours
2 tsp yeast
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup milk

Filling
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 jalapeno
2 thai chillis

All ingredients mix in the dough machine, rested, then rolled out to desired shape/thickness

Maple syrup and melted butter mixed together, chop chillis and mix with syrup then spread over dough.

Roll dough then cut into equal portions

Bake at 200deg celsius for 15 to 20 minutes, or golden brown.

This scrolls will definitely be made again, i adapted a cinnamon scroll recipe i use and turned it into these, they were Awesome

Rolls were cut into half, tomato/onion relish was spread top and buttom of scrolls, portobello mushroom was fried off with some garlic, pepper, surmac and leek and putt on the botton half.

Brushed potatoes, sweet potato and pumpkin was boiled, slight mashing and then shaped into patties, covered in panko crumbs then Deep Fried. This was placed on top of the mushroom, and covered in the pomegranate sauce.

Beetroots were boiled in a slightly vinegary water, diced and then mixed with garlic, pumpkin seeds, sunflower and sesame seeds and almond flakes. This were shaped into patties, shallow pan fried and then placed on top. Other half of bun back on top and lunch was served.

So here goes nothing

Panko Crusted Pattie

SDC11157.jpg

Sliced

SDC11160.jpg

... akin to liking B-movies.
TMNT is still near and dear to my heart! Well, plus the fact that NLC was my client at the time... :lol:

Ok. Be prepared. Be very prepared. Scovie inspired my entry, which will post tomorrow.

You notice I didn't tell you HOW to prepare.... :lol:

Booma, Booma, Booma!

Damn nice! I wish I saw that scroll better in the finished pic... like the top off to the side cuz doze be bangin'!

I want ldhs in my corner when the zombies attack.
I appreciate your smack talk.
And your ability to "take what you dish out" should be commended.
That's how it should be.

Now go on and cook up some more of that pineapple you keep on talkin about over and over.

Agreed...I wasn't totally sure if that last one was a bit off-sides...but LDHS rolls with it, so it's all good.

BOOOOOOOOMAAAAAAAAAAAA

DAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

Both pics are really good though!

Booma, very unique! How did it taste?

Awesome, the scrolls were fantastic, sweet from the maple syrup but a little kick from the chillis, the panko burger was good, not a heap of texture apart from the obvious crumbed crust, and the beetroot pattie was really good. Tasted great, still prefer meat but would definitely make again. Love pomegranate, sauces, dressings, anything with this

I like that Booma!!!! And you have a little bit of everything - crunchy, creamy, sweet, spicy....you got it all in there!
And those scrolls....oh, those scrolls.....!!!!!!! :drooling:

Salsalady's Deja-Vu-Juju Veggie Burger-

Well, there were some techinical difficulties with the camera, so, since I already posted the pics, here's the re-view...

Ingredients in the patty-
smashed black beans, bread crumbs, eggs, sauteed onion, garlic and red bell peppers, S&P, CJ's Bhut-yaki sauce, ginger, peruvian white habanero puree....more bhut-yaki and ginger....

Other ingredients-
Cream cheese spread- cream cheese, bhut-yaki, uhmmm, don't remember the rest....I'll get it on the edit

more sauteed onions, sauteed portabella, havarti, tomato, lettuce..... yep, that's pretty much it~~~
here's the elusive patty, recreated.....
34c77683.jpg

and the original assembled black bean burger-
c09a9909.jpg

WOW! It's like I've already seen this greatness........And yet, it was as good the second time.......

Sa-weet! You got the pic!

Will be reading ingredients later to see what all of these are all about.

Yep SL - I'm still in awe! Even more so the 2nd time around! Fussing with the camera was worth it!!!.....That patty looks scrumdillyicious!!!!

edit: Hey PapaSic - where are ya?! Throwin' it on the GROUND????????? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back