• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Ethnic/Regional Sandwich II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get your Philly on y'all! JayT's Extreme Philly Cheesesteak Wit

Ingredients:

Italian Roll
Sliced Ribeye Steak
Onions
Roasted Red Bell Peppers
PA Mushrooms
Jalapeno
Habanero
Chocolate Bhut
Bhut
Fatalii
Red 7 Pot
Cheese Whiz

I kind of did this Tony Luke Style. He uses fried onions mushrooms and peppers in addition to the whiz or provolone. I added the hot and superhot peppers to kick it up to levels unknown to man outside this site. Everything was sauteed in a pan. Nothing fancy here. Just good. Here are the finished pics and then I will come back to show you how I got here.

100_0605.jpg

100_0608.jpg

Oh, and TB, believe it or not, no naan for this sammie.

I'd scarf that right now, Jay, 'cept I've got catfish to fry. Looks good!

Here's the rest of the story. I started with onions and mushrooms in olive oil to caramelize them a bit. Actually, I started with a beer.

100_0591.jpg

100_0594.jpg

I added some roasted garlic and some chopped jalapenos, roasted red peppers, and all the superhots

100_0597.jpg

100_0598.jpg

100_0599.jpg

Smelling righteous! Then I cooked the meat separately and add it all together.

100_0603.jpg

Melted the Whiz and put it all together on a good Italian roll.

100_0606.jpg

100_0609.jpg

Oh shoot. Forgot the POL. No worries.

100_0611.jpg

This is sooo yum. Get ya some! Time for another beer.

100_0604.jpg

Hey, wassup y'alls. Here's me POL and some ingreds

P8051051.jpg

Thought I'd chcuk in some process as well.

This is some of the ingredients that went into the sauce. I made a paste from some of the salami in a mortar to really get the flavour out. The other stuff in there so far is tomato paste, onion, salami, chillies and port.
P8051054.jpg

Added a tin of diced tomatoes with olives, a bottle of Spanish beer and a bay leaf. This was cooked for 2 hours with some other secret ingredients.

P8051055.jpg

The roast beef is finished.

P8051056.jpg

Here's the build

Roast beef
P8051059.jpg

Proscuitto
P8051060.jpg

Thin sliced smoked salami
P8051061.jpg

Thin sliced pork sausage
P8051062.jpg

Gooey melty cheese goodness
P8051063.jpg

With thick cut fries. And the final pics are yet to come :D
P8051064.jpg

Damn j, that's just right.
So you're on the cheez wiz side... Isn't that a debate?
No matter, I'd devour that like my last meal!

Damn dts, good and gooey!

My son is watching spiderman cartoons on Netflix on the computer, and I'll post when he goes to bed (soon)

We have to get really drunk, and so should you, and Sums Sammy is a winner, shitfaced food.

If he posts it...

Otherwise it will be on drunken chef!

There is no debate. Its all good. But, I take mine wit and with extra whiz. DTS that is looking awesome! You both better post!

Francesinha

This is a famous sandwich in Porto, Portugal. It's become a bit of cult and there are clubs where there are leaderboards for rating each restaurants Francesinha.

Taken from Wikipedia: "Francesinha (meaning Little Frenchie or simply Frenchie in Portuguese) is a Portuguese sandwich originally from Porto, made with bread, wet-cured ham, linguiça, fresh sausage like chipolata, steak or roast meat and covered with melted cheese and a hot thick tomato and beer sauce served with french fries."

P8051067.jpg

Roast beef, proscuitto, smoked spanish salami, pork sausage topped with swiss cheese and melted. Topped with a tomato and beer sauce and served with fries.

Tomato and beer sauce: Tomato paste, onion, salami, beer, Portuguese port, chillies, bay leaf, diced tinned tomatoes, olive, pepper and 2 kinda secret ingredients. Cooked for 2 hours, strained and reduced.

Enjoy with an easy drinking cerveza.

P8051070.jpg

Thanks Jay T. I'd inhale your Philly in 3 seconds. In fact I'm using yours as a template for the SOTM when thisTD is finished.

Thanks. I have modified the real thing to something hotter that I like better, but basically that is what a real Philly looks like. I have eaten lots of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back