beer Begin! : May TD: Golden Stout

wheebz said:
its like an amber ale

it's definitely not as lightly-colored as Beersmith thought it would be (9 SRM), that's for sure ...

it looked lighter on the refractometer, but with any sizable depth of liquid, it's pretty dark, I agree ...

i can only see *shadows* of my fingers through the glass ... not fingers ...

wheebz said:
its like an amber ale

I'd argue you said Golden stout, and not Pale or White stout ... lol.

406006_1280x720.jpg

golden-lion-tamarin.jpg

Rue-golden-girls_240.jpg

MTM3MTMyMDI4Mzk4MTUxMjUw.jpg

LOL.

I purged the pool filter and 304 mesh with the BeerGun and loaded it with the rest of the Sidamo and another ounce of cacao and the lady charred oak mini-spiral ... and Randallized the golden during bottling last night ...

BOOM!

Okay ...

What's the story with accepting deliveries at your brewery on the days between Friday and Tuesday, given that Monday is a holiday and there won't be USPS at the very least? ...

I am planning to check one out this afternoon, and then presumably I'll be able to pack a box and ship it off tomorrow morning ...

I have a feeling that would put it on Saturday, though, so maybe I'll wait and ship it on Friday ...

So my curiousity got the best of me. I cracked one open after 4 days of bottle conditioning. The quickest dissipating head ever. It was a drain pour for me. I think there is too much residual oil from the chocolate in the boil.

Sorry Wheebz....you are still getting it....I want to learn from my mistakes.

image.jpeg

If nothing else, I think I got the color right.

Back