• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Pizza Party Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meat and Heat Lover's 

Category: Lover's

Dough Ingredients: 
300 grams 00 flour
150+ grams AP flour
200 grams Bread flour
1 tbl evo
kosher salt
1 tsp diastatic malt powder
420 grams warm water
1 package of yeast

Dough: Place warm water,yeast, diastatic malt powder into a bowl mix and let sit 5 minutes, add salt,flour and evo. form into a ball, divide into individual portions and place into a oiled ziplock bags. then place directly into the refrigerator for 12-48 hours.  take dough out 1-2 hours before using

Cheese: Buffalo Mozzarella and my homemade fresh mozzarella

Toppings: Hot italian sausage, sweet italian sausage, Norcino salame, chorizo,double smoked bacon, manzano puree, devils dust

Pizza Sauce: Roasted San Marzano tomatoes,roasted Manzano peppers,roasted garlic, kosher salt, roasted shallot,fresh thyme/oregano,malt vinegar

Assembly: Turned out my dough and smeared with roasted garlic. put down my sauce, ten cheese then meats. spooned on some manzano puree and dusted with devils dust when it came out of oven. 

Cooking: baked @ 500F for 4 minutes- turn another 3-4 minutes
20141208_104843_zpsec3491b4.jpg

20141208_105907_zps8b0ca7ac.jpg

20141208_105919_zps11f47827.jpg

20141208_110305_zps2714225a.jpg

Essegi said:
If you speak about last one... I want to check tomorrow. I always like better cakes day after they're cooked. Not sure about mozz consistency after some time, i'll see. Taste is good btw.Here other 2 pics:Inside of vulcano prior cooking:
iN6NyI9yPjBw6.jpg
Vulcano and PoL
ibyOzs7mCJEbWW.jpg
Brother you're the man to beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy sh$#!!! You've got MAD PIZZA SKILLS!! :) !!!!
Heather and I are waiting for your grand opening. Man I've got to work on my pizza skills.

This is Great everyone here is extremely talented!!! Can't believe how much I'm learning. :)
Going to work on my skills and be ready for the next one!! Great job everybody !!!!! As far as I'm concerned you're all WINNERS!!

FreeportBum said:
ok last of my ingredients I promise. and a couple last minute teasers. 

graham crackers,marshmellows,hershey's chocolate bar, and some of my devils dust(pepper powder) made from yellow 7 pods,caramel moruga,bahamian goat,bubble gum 7 pods and brown unknown brain strain- hope Pic1 reads this part as he's the one who sent me the seeds for the brown ubsc which is the hottest sob I had in the garden this year  :P

j

Beautiful chops and manzano's.....

and yes......I do read the captions....lol
That's great you were able to grow that "Hot as a Mama"......UBSC Brown

Best of luck with this TD !

PIC 1 said:

Beautiful chops and manzano's.....

and yes......I do read the captions....lol
That's great you were able to grow that "Hot as a Mama"......UBSC Brown

Best of luck with this TD !
Thank you sir! your ubsc was great this year, crazy hot and the pods are wicked nasty looking. as my good redneck buddy likes to say "It'll set you head on fire an' make your kidneys scream and that aint no colorado kool aid "  :P 

This will be the last of my pies......trust me..........when's the steak throw down............lol

Here's the simple ingredients to my "Classic" pizza
Basil, Infused Calabrian Chili Oil, Plum Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella................Oh, and the Dough...........doh

Not an "Ouija Board".......just a cutting board and I'm trying to pass the gas...to the outer rim of the dough

The dough needs to be stretched to get that rustic classic pie shape.

Need I say more........"That's Italian"

No sauce here, ..San Marzano's were squished dry and placed on the dough followed by the chunks of fresh cheese and a drizzle of spicy Calabrian Oil

Pizza was baked on a pizza stone in the BGE at around 750F

plating shots of all the pies.......coming soon

Still time to get pies in.

Man this will be one crazy poll.

Pesty Goat Cheese Appetizer

"Unique"

The unique part of this individual pizza is the dough. Plenty of Bhut Pepper Flakes within the mix.

Dough

3 c of AP Flour
1.5 c Water
1 tsp  IDY Yeast
1 tsp  Salt
2 tbl  Olive Oil
10 dried Bhut Jolokia's (flaked)

Mix ingredients together, let rise until doubled...punch down and roll into 40g size balls.
(Dough recipe will produce around 16 balls)

Toppings

4 Shallots
1 c Cherry Tomato Medley
1 c Goat Cheese
1 stick of Spanish Chorizo
1 bunch of Basil
1 bunch of Italian Parsley
1 c Pine Nuts
1/2 c Olive Oil
2 oz Parmigiano Reggiano

Procedure

Roll dough balls into 5" discs...let rest
Slice Tomatoes into 1/4" coins, salt and set aside
Cut Shallots in halve, toss with Olive Oil and roast at 400F for 30 min. Half way through drizzle some Balsamic Vinegar over.
Add Parsley, Basil and Pine Nuts to food processor. Add Oil while "Pesto" is being pureed.

Assembly

Add 1 tbl of Pesto to each disc followed by crumbled Goat's Cheese, Tomatoes, Shallots, sliced Chorizo and shaved Parm.
Bake at 375F for 12 minutes.

Ding....Ding....

Caribbean Bang

"Lover's"

Although this pizza will have a pretty good meat and cheese combo, I'm dedicating this effort to all the chileheads here....(most of you)...who love the firey food...to the hilt !

Dough

3 c of AP Flour
1 c of cold Water
2 tbl melted clarified Butter
1 tbl of Salt
1 packet of IDY Yeast

Toppings

6 Boneless Chicken Thighs....marinated in Jerk wet sauce
1 c of sliced Yellow Scotch Bonnets
1 c of Red 7/Pot Mash
1 c of roasted Tomatoes
1 bunch of Culantro Leaves
1/4 c of Yellow 7/Pot Puree
1/2 lb of fresh marinated Mozzarella with pepper flakes
1/4 lb of grated Fontina Cheese
1 bunch of Scallion...chopped

Procedure

Mix dough ingredients into blender with dough hook. Knead just until mix comes together.......place in a container in fridge for 24 hrs.
Grill Chicken Thighs that were marinated in a puree of 1 c of Orange, lemon and Lime juice..combined with 1 onion, bunch of Scallions, 1/4 c of ground Allspice, 6 Scotch Bonnets, 4 Thyme Twigs, 1/4 c of Brown Sugar on Canola Oil.
Add Red Pepper Mash, Roasted Tomatoes and Cunantro to the Vitamix and puree to a chunky consistancy.
Remove dough ahead of time...4 hrs befors using. Roll out dough thinly......fold in thirds and re-roll changing the directions each time (laminating) ....this will produce the "cracker style" crust.......that most tavern/pubs produce around here.
Ladle pured sauce over 15" dough disc... followed by pieces of fresh Motz, shredded Jerk Chicken, sliced Scotch Bonnets, Fontina Cheese and dollops of firey Yellow 7 Puree. Back in a pre-heated 375F oven for18 minutes.

Enjoy..........mon

OMG!!!!!!!! This is torture!!!!!!!!! Must have Caribbean Bang!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rocky_and_Mugsy.jpg

All right everybody put yer hands in the air And...Step.....away...from...the...pizza's!

Classic: New York Dragon

NY style pie drizzled with Chili oil made from Dragon Cayene peppers.

Pizza Dough: (for 2 pies)
7 oz water
11 oz flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp IDY
1/2 tsp Olive oil

Sauce:
1/4 cup blended San Marzano tomatoes

Toppings:
4 oz mozzarella
1 Pinch sea salt
1/4 tsp Greek oregano
 Drizzle with Dragon oil

pizzapol.jpg

pizza1.jpg

Blend dough in mixer for 3-4 minutes. Cover and  rest in Fridge overnight.
Separate into two balls and return to Fridge for 6-24 hrs. Remove dough ball from  fridge 2 hrs before using.
Flatten Dough ball and top. Bake at 600 degrees on stone for 5 minutes. Top with Dragon oil.

pizza2.jpg

pizza3.jpg

Choco-Berry Pie

"Dessert"

This pizza with cool you down and give you the sweet hest from the "Hot Chocolate" syrup at the same time

Dough

3 c of AP Flour
1.5 c of room temp water
2 tsp salt
1 tbl of Sugar
2 tsp IDY Yeast

Mix dough in blender with dough hook. Knead for 5 minutes. Roll into a ball and place directly in the fridge for 24 hrs.

Toppings

1 c of Strawberries...sliced
1 c of Blueberries
1 Banana ..sliced
1/4 c of flaked Coconut
1/4 c of sliced Almonds
1 chocolate bar
1/4 c of ground dark  dried Super Hot Peppers
1/2 c of Gran Marnier
8 oz of Mascarpone Cheese
2 tbl of Convectioner Sugar
Zest from 1 Limon
2 Vanilla Beans

Procedure

Slice Strawberries,and Banana..place in bowl with Blueberries and Gran Marnier. Macerate for 2 hrs....drain. or drink liquor.
Melt Chocolate over double boiler and add powdered pepper flakes.Whip Cheese and Sugar....add grated Lemon and scraped Vanilla Beans. Roll dough ball out thinly and par bake in pre-heated 375 F oven until golden (8 min). Spread Cheese over dough followered by fruit, Almonds and Coconut. Return pizza to oven for 4 minutes......Drizzle spiked peppered Chocolate syrup over pie

Enjoy......

Split your double post into 2 pies please. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back