contest BEGIN! Pizza Rustica Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks J!

An added bonus is that I now know if we have a power outtage before I get a gas grill, that I still have some way to cook. Booya!

No one has ever worked harder with more setbacks for a throwdown. Nice job G.

I dunno'.

I know for a fact more than a few of us (SoFlo, The TB, wheebz) have overcome being blindass drunk.

I handicapped myself for this one.

I did it stone cold sober.

I don't feel I did as well and am only gettin' half the laughs. :mope:

I know for a fact more than a few of us (SoFlo, The TB, wheebz) have overcome being blindass drunk.

"overcome" might not be the right word, but I agree.
We should all be lauded for our perseverance.
I can drink a shit ton of the hwhisk and turn something out.

Hit a snag today. Had to cut down a 40 ft tall avocado tree my neighbor keeps complaining about.
(in her defense, it would destroy her home if we get a proper storm)
The in laws volunteered to help with their chainsaws. Couldn't say no.

Dough is made, I have the supplies. Thanks for the extra day!

LunchBox's College Flashback

Ingredients: 1 cheap ass frozen pizza, and a pepper (Congo Black in this case). (POL is on the box)

Method: Thaw on counter top while getting the other groceries in, then warm grill for 5 minutes.
Toss pizza on. Chop pepper, sprinkle on pizza, and enjoy the 12 pack of Shiner Bock purchased instead of stuff to make a real pizza.

outdoor pizza1.jpg

outdoor pizza2.jpg

This is ART.

LOVE it LB. I was thinkin' about pimpin' a cheap-ass pizza for this one. Too funny.

Sometimes...to think "outside the box", you have to start with what's inside the box. The real bitch is...I was gonna fold it like a taco, and take a pic of me biting into it...and forgot.

I've been beating my brains out working on my masters...so this felt right.

And no...there will be no second entry.

LB, post for real. What up?

SHEESH! Am I caught up yet!!!??????

Ya go camping with some crazy-ass chileheads for a couple days and ya come back 5 pages and 2 re-wines deep!!!! What to do?!!!!!

Well, in all honesty, here's my/our TD story to date.

I had the ingredients purchased prior to our departure for the Northwest Chilefest. Hit the road around 9am Friday morning, waaaaaay before TD things are usually posted. So we traveled over the river and through the woods and got our camps set up....... and then realized....................

it 6:00pm on the TD weekend, and we have no internet access at the camp ground, we have no idea the actual rules, WHAT'S THE PoL????

Aw...CRAP!!!!!!! They forgot their dough at home in the freezer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$#1# what to do.......CALL SOMEONE!!!!!! Frydad answered the phone so at least we knew what the PoL was....

So I was TOTALLY ready to use my ingredients to make a campfire pizza, but the people started showing up at the campsite, and things were eaten, and drinks were drunk, and .........no pizza was cooked....... BUT!!!!!! one of the group manned up and rocked it out Saturday night.

I'm still gonna do mine tomorrow. This is probably some of the most traveled ingredients ever. :lol:

Sorry- not in good posting form yet....keybrd's peachy one and booma's pear one are looking good. geeme, good on ya for going with plan C-D-E~~~

Oh yes I did...

Thin sliced Hard salami up in this hizzle. The best thing to ever enter your mouth, right FD?

IMG_5168.jpg

Big props to the NWCF. TD'ing in the wilderness is pure bliss.

edit-edit-edit-

never mind.... :cool: it's all guud~

Busted out some thin crust pizza.

Thin sliced tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, a dusting of dried oregano, a couple two three dashes of granulated garlic... some thin sliced baby bella shrooms

IMG_5178.jpg

Some thin sliced hard salami topped with sweet onion slices and some thin sliced Fresno peppers...

IMG_5179.jpg

Some motz

IMG_5180.jpg

Grilled up with some hickory smoke

IMG_5182.jpg

I'ma hurt some feelings...

IMG_5183.jpg

Wish i had time to do this one ... very busy weekend ... this one was my calling card ... oh well ... from the last pizza throwdown ... would have used this:

pizza3.jpg

to make something like this

P1020641.jpg

P1020643.jpg

oh well, maybe next time!

The secrets out! I'm the NWPack member that pulled off aa CIPE pizza in the middle of camping :)

Welcome back to me! Now, teasers :)

FRESH PIZZA DOUGH made at 9am
GetInline-11.jpg

Pressed and tossed then crust stuffed with fataliis (deseeded) and feta cheese)
GetInline-5.jpg

Campire cooking :)
GetInline-6.jpg

These next ones are for the pineapple 7 pot sauce I made
GetInline-22.jpg

GetInline-27.jpg

GetInline-26.jpg

GetInline-19.jpg

Roasted the pineapple; sweated the onions, galic, and the deseeded 7 pot. Put it through a bullet and added white vinegar, agave nectar, salt an geeme (missed ya Geeme :)

Finale look of one of two sauces
GetInline-20.jpg

More to come tomorrow, very sleepy and I gotta work. Plenty of S went down on the pizza representing the NW. You'll see. CIPE!!! :fire:

A couple teaser pics..........................

Bread
109.jpg

Sauce
111.jpg

112.jpg

**Edit: Forgot the cheese sauce
121.jpg

Toppings
119.jpg

Pizza Oven
126.jpg

Quick pre-bake
127.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm pizza!!!
140.jpg

HELP!! Need a bump so I can add my final pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back