contest BEGIN! The Ramen Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scovie's Baby Easter Basket

• 2 Packages of any 'ol ramen
• almost a full dropper bottle of green food color (you don't want too much)
• 4 eggs Devilled'
• ahhhh hell, I got to go pack for Florida.....

2035539f.jpg

d96531bc.jpg

-3 for Tony Stewart litter.

HEY! You all quit pickin' on SL! She made that gorgeousness on Vacation!!!! Away from her kitchen wonderland....and I think it's AWESOME!!!!!!!

[sup]of course, she can cook on two burning sticks in the forest and rock it out, so.....[/sup] :cool:

Yes CJ ,,,,, and she has advocated 'cooking on an engine block' or other "non-convensional cooking methods" since we've been here.

LB, AWESOME! You got it to work. I can't wait to see it.
P.S. screw kurt busch... I know you're his #1 fan, but I still love you too.

LOVE YOU, CJ!!!!!

xoxoxoxo

and you know all the guy's'll be watching THAT one! ;)

Nice crown SL! :rofl:

sheesh....CH...REALLY!??? it's a TIARA!!! not a crown.....already got 5 of those~~~~ :rolleyes:

Ok,...xo to you too, CH, but not too much.... as I don't want your lovely lady gettin' all worried about anythang...

:D :lol:

edit- and I still want to do an engine block/two sticks cooking challenge!!! maybe I should start a post for the May TD before this one is done.................

editedit- for all the smack talk over the last month, I'm not seeing a whole lot of entries! Come On, everyone!! Jump on in to the Ramen Fray! Try it. you'll like it! [sub]Trust me! :evillaugh:[/sub]

Noodles, my next teaser!

For my noodles I boiled them up in chicken stock with some crushed Thai chile, drained then refrigerated overnight. Next day I threw diced green onion, red pepper, green Thai chiles and minced garlic into a hot pan with oil for a few, then I added the noodles, which I gave a rough chop too, and some grated ginger. After cooking for a few more, stir in some soy sauce and cook a bit more before remove from the heat.
IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

LB, AWESOME! You got it to work. I can't wait to see it.
P.S. screw kurt busch... I know you're his #1 fan, but I still love you too.

Kurt is far more tolerable than that slog brother of his...Kyle "my downs syndrome is mild" Busch.

Besides...I'm a JJ fan...have been since I workedat Lowe's his first year driving for them...a loooooooong time ago.

Next up, fried the steak then added Thai chiles, chopped green onions, and minced garlic. Cooked a few then added orange zest, sugar, shredded ginger, beef broth, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and peanut oil. Let boil on high and reduce then added corn starch and water mixture, to thicken further.
IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

Next the bun!
I used a pretzel dough recipe, but watered it down a bit, and folded the fried Ramen noodles into the dough. Formed into sub buns, gave them and egg wash and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

I’ve got to work tomorrow so this will probably be my last post this evening, plus I want to make sure I don’t forget any ingredients for my last post.

:snore: been there, heard that.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz are we done with the previews yet?

OH WAIT! Is there a TD ENTRY to be seen?!?!??? !looks left, looks right!

oh, oops.... my bad... no entries to be seen... :mope: (sigh)............. feeling so unfulfilled after that sexy chile-n-chicken- in the-non-stick-pan picture....

carry on.....

Yeah, tflower, no Jo love here.
That's a TS car, so, plus .5 to LB for catching that at least....

Hell yeah TS all the way you get my vote :) ........ Joey who? lol ;)

Damn LB and your a JJ fan? must suck that TS is getting equipment from your guys team and whoopin' ass with it :) although last week sucked for ya I'll admit that, HMS should have won whether it was Gordon or JJ, but that reutiman caution fucked everybody

*TEASER ALERT* ..........

Been slavin' away today. Enjoy ladies and gents......and you too Scovie.

IMG_1711.jpg

Dee's be da appeteasers :party:

Beef Ramen, chopped and whacked with the seasoning packet and some Smoked habanero powda
IMG_1720.jpg

I think you all know where this is going..... (Cream cheese, green onions, fresh habaneros)

IMG_1724.jpg

Just two balls.....mindin' their own business
IMG_1725.jpg

Plated with some home made sweet and tangy sauce (Organic habanero sauce, worcestershire sauce, honey)
IMG_1732.jpg

"I'm sexy and I know it.....I work out!!"
IMG_1733.jpg

More to come tomorrow....."The suspense is killing me.......I hope it will last."

Kudos to everyone so far, killer dishes. :hell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back