beer Being Crafty

Ashen said:
really good results actually..  Better now that I make sure  the siphon is cold and I shake it really well after charging. 

i would imagine i would have suggested both of those details, fully agree ...

the liquid should remain as cold as possible pre-nitro-discharge to keep as much CO2 in solution as is possible ...

shaking ... yes ...

if you are noticing that you are always drinking 'warm' beer - i think it's the nitro effect, honestly ...

while temp is lost to my metal NB canister, too, the nitro beverages always are perceived as being warm for some reason ...

i think it's A Nitro Thing ... because it also happens when i've had the 2nd half of a bomber in the fridge in the NB kettle, even when for hours ...

Yeah, same as with making quickie soda with a carbonator cap ...

I already had the NB when I thought of it, so I only did it a couple of times ...

Because it worked as well as it did, I wouldn't replace my NB if it broke ...

grantmichaels said:
Soooooooooooo ...

NitroTripel++ :D

8d33dfc9373a25dc54771fc6ed75c48f.jpg

1e10aa965a8c79767dc31dc2b9edffcd.jpg

ec26aaf6d0828031300e31c2f01f44d7.jpg

c1b6ba08c6a7c82816c3b2fc68122e9c.jpg

1ee3ada3420d8de1eebb0ab67a4b6cea.jpg

2a3a15f13c2691b4517ce4aba96ce4db.jpg

2950c06602d8cf34a5c557916856efd7.jpg
Damn, that looks awesome, GM!

I drank one of these while I tested the gravity on my HB Belgian Wit. I figured it would only be fitting to drink at that occasion. Hoegaarden never dissapoints.

I followed that one up with this wheat beer. It's actually pretty decent, which I have come to expect from Sierra Nevada. It's open fermented as well, which I was a bit skeptical about at first.

t0mato said:
Have you tried weisenstephaner? That's far and away my favorite wit.

New Belgium used to make a really good wit too. I'm disappointed they don't make that anymore. : (
I haven't tried that one. I'll drink it the next time I visit the Biergarten up the road from my house. They have a ridiculously good selection of German and Belgian beers, and over 100 American craft brews.

http://tysonsbiergarten.com

Great porter from Bell's. It's a shame I dumped half of it in this seco de res I'm cooking right now, but I know it's worth it once I start digging into dinner.

One of the three saisons I brewed over the Summer. This beer gets better every time I try it. I used the wyeast 3711 on it, which is an absolutely fantastic yeast. It's ageing extremely well. Thank goodness I still have a case and a half tucked away for a rainy day.

Back