beer Being Crafty

Indeed. Other than like 3-4 hrs worth of work to eek out between now and Monday night - I'm basically free and clear for the entirety ...

I might defrost the 2nd packer and smoke it as well ...

Portioned Vac-packs of BBQ are so much more useful than whole frozen briskets! :D ...

grantmichaels said:
Indeed. Other than like 3-4 hrs worth of work to eek out between now and Monday night - I'm basically free and clear for the entirety ...

I might defrost the 2nd packer and smoke it as well ...

Portioned Vac-packs of BBQ are so much more useful than whole frozen briskets! :D ...

And you only have to clean the grill once if you do them back to back.

There's that ...

I was thinking about only defrosting the 2nd one for 1x single night, just so that the surface got a little bit tacky ...

Doing it for science ... the meat being cold is good in terms of it taking a lot of smoke ...

But ...

There's counter arguments, and one's a deal-breaker ...

The problem is that the 2nd one is 16# - even bigger - and if it's frozen, I can't separate the flat from the point, and there's nothing at my house than can cook it whole ...

Well, save boiling it in a brew kettle ...

I don't have vac bags wide enough to contain it, so I can't sous vide it ...

Nix the whole thing ... LOL.

I'll cook the 2nd one in a month or so when my sister and BiL are in town, as originally planned ...

I might have something else in the freezer that would be fun to smoke though ...

I know there's a couple of lean 1/3 pork loins in there ...

Those I planned to make Canadian bacon out of, though ...

The corning or brining or whatever would probably put them out of range of my time off for smoking ...

Hmm ...

Being Frosty

other_half_ipa_2.jpg

OH IPA2

Back