beer Being Crafty

06D74A03-DC34-4C10-951B-D76EFD1AA364.jpeg

After having that “Julius” at the Patriots game the other day, I caught “the itch” :rofl:
I couldn’t help myself, and made the trek up to Tree House for the first time in over a year. Lucky I did too, because they had some absolute BANGERS that day. The only one of those 4 (above) that I’ve had before was King Jjjuliusss, which, to date, has been my favorite beer of all time. I only had it once, 3 or 4 years ago, and it definitely lived up to the hype. I can only imagine what “Emperor Julius” is going to do for me, lol.

“Green Machine” is another one I can’t wait to crack open. From what I’ve read about it, it’s a combination of “Juice Machine” (my 2nd favorite beer of all time) and “Green”, one of my favorite beers that’s in Tree House’s regular rotation (next to “Haze”). That one should be a ridiculously hazy pineapple bomb 😍🍍💣🍺

I haven't stopped by royal city brewing since before they expanded , added a larger taproom and food menu.

smoked honey ale.

brisket taco, some awesome soft pretzels, not pictured a tofu taco that was surprisingly good. they mixed up our order and ended up just giving it to us. I wouldn't normally order a tofu taco but it is definitely in the mix for any return visit.

PXL_20230102_210420594.jpg

Last edited:
“GREEN MACHINE” absolutely did NOT disappoint! 💚

D6F0FD42-515F-415B-A848-70079450608E.jpeg

A574ED82-F7F4-4786-B0AF-A813D7C6B1A6.jpeg

D88C8C10-621F-45E8-922B-4AA1B0956758.jpeg

If I could only use one word to describe this beer, it would definitely be: “DANK”.

Pineapple, mango, and citrusy notes, with an oily mouthfeel. Zero head when poured. Getting some serious “Sunny D” vibes. Total tropical hop bomb.

An absolute BANGER 💚🤖

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Yeah, me too! You’re in the Netherlands, right? This “hazy,” tropical beer style is very common in “New England IPAs,” which originated (as far as I can tell) in the northeastern United States 🍻

I call it "Cat piss on a pine tree". :P

Does Tree House make any GOOD beers, like a porter or a stout?

“GREEN MACHINE” absolutely did NOT disappoint! 💚

D6F0FD42-515F-415B-A848-70079450608E.jpeg

A574ED82-F7F4-4786-B0AF-A813D7C6B1A6.jpeg

D88C8C10-621F-45E8-922B-4AA1B0956758.jpeg

If I could only use one word to describe this beer, it would definitely be: “DANK”.

Pineapple, mango, and citrusy notes, with an oily mouthfeel. Zero head when poured. Getting some serious “Sunny D” vibes. Total tropical hop bomb.

An absolute BANGER 💚🤖

Cheers 🍻
"Dank" beers that are really great are hard to find, but based on the description and your appreciation, I'm sure I'd enjoy this one a LOT!!🍻

I call it "Cat piss on a pine tree". :P

Does Tree House make any GOOD beers, like a porter or a stout?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, they do, Rick 😂 Tons of them, actually! They make a bunch of different stouts, a few pilsners, sours, lagers, porters, etc. Trust me when I tell you that Tree House IPAs are the farthest thing from a “piney” IPA that you can find, lol. Although, they have gone out of their way to make a “piney” series of IPAs, fittingly named… “Sap” ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, they do, Rick 😂 Tons of them, actually! They make a bunch of different stouts, a few pilsners, sours, lagers, porters, etc. Trust me when I tell you that Tree House IPAs are the farthest thing from a “piney” IPA that you can find, lol. Although, they have gone out of their way to make a “piney” series of IPAs, fittingly named… “Sap” ;)

Cool! Next time I'm up that way I'll have to go check them out.

Back