• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense BHUT JOLOKIA PURPLE!

Hey Groper i had some of the sauce you sent me a while back with lunch today, that stuff is GOLD! Not real hot at all but the flavour is absolutely SCRUMDIDDILYUMPTIOUS!

Thanks bud, I am going to be working on upping the heat this season with all of the new superhots I growing that shouldnt be too hard,

with all those purple peppers, make a light purple coloured sauce with all the purples, plus beetroot (powdered if needed) and purple carrots. Put something in there to lighten the purple up to a light lavender colour.
Give it to the manliest man you can find and say here have a lavender sauce with your mega-sized steak! mwahahaha.....

doesn't sound too bad actually, but I am yet to try purple peppers.

hello everyone! i posted this thread and kind of forgot about it for a while until some PURPLE BHUTS arrived in the mail last week. i actually gave the seller (smokinasschilli) a phone call and had a nice chat with him, i orderded 1 pack of 10 seeds off him and got 2 packets plus bonus seeds of yellow wax. he is a very fond grower of the bhuts and he will soon have another hybrid of bhut that will produce white bhut jolokia pods. sounds awesome!!!! ok thats all i have to say, good luck with everything everyone! :cool:

White super hots just seem cooler than the rest for some reason.

it's a rare color even for superhots. =D

i remember those pictures patrick or was it aj? took that were of sunburnt pods that turned white and got cooked in the sun.

Been in contact with this guy(smokinasschilli) a few times trying to get the White versions. I really hope he comes through with these cause he is an Ebay seller and the seeds seem to be always coming soon!
Been trying to get these for around 2 months now, seen some previews of the pods but no seed yet, will definately be keeping on this one.

Micca

Keep us updates micca white bhuts sound bloody awesome!
Damn I was tryin to keep this one quiet until I got hold of some :) . You know what these sellers can be like when you don’t know them or their products. Oh well I know there’s no way I could ever get past Chris without getting his attention!
If it turns out I’m sure the Pepper community will know about it :cool:

Keep ya posted,
Micca

theres a hybrid of giant white hab and bhu jolokia but no a normal one i have been hunting it down 2 and i finaly got a purple to grow no more seeds though it just sprouted

Heres a couple of pics of the Bhut Jolokia x GWH f2

BhutJolokiaxGiantWhiteHabanero2-1.jpg

BhutJolokiaxGiantWhiteHabanero.jpg

I think I got some of those seeds from you, JR. Didnt get to stick 'em in this year. Plan on it for NEXT year though!
I'm growing a Purple Bhut as well right now. Wanna guess where I got MY seeds from? lol It really IS a cool-looking plant. It's started to green out a little more, but the first few sets were REALLY cool looking. The other leaves still look cool, but the first ones were almost like a Black Pearl. The plant is doing pretty well, so I SHOULD be able to get some pods this year. If I do, I will send some out to people!

Back