• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Blair's 2009 Halloween Reserve

I used to know someone back in the day that had the 2nd (I think), of 4 (again if I recall correctly) prints of a Micky Mantle. I got to hold it in the frame he had it in. I wont lie back in that day I cant tell you how much I wanted to make that card disappear...lol

Crazy8, I can sort of answer your question from another angle, being one that creates collectible bottles myself. It started about 5 years ago when I made up about 20-25 of what we now call the "Batch #1's". They went for $20. Almost overnight, these things were an enormous hit. These Batch #1's, of which there are about 8-9 known to still exist, have gone for over $500 in private auctions. Honestly, I was stunned, but also happy in a weird way. We began releasing new versions of the "Batches" and they have become a quite sought after collectible. The most recent one, the "Batch #5", went for around $125 retail. We put about $100 into the making of it, so it's not about the money, it's about the passion of making the evil stuff, and pleasing people with a cool addition to their personal "Shelf of Doom".

I have been collecting Blairs stuff for years now. Why? Not sure. But I do enjoy looking over at the shelf of his stuff every now and then in my office, it just looks really cool.

Like others have said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't understand why people would pay tens of thousands of dollars for some paint a dead guy put on a piece of canvas, and I think beanie babies look really cool flying out of a spud gun, but collectors of those things would probably think I was insane for paying a couple hundred bucks for a bottle of hot sauce, to each his own.

Well it does make sense. Perhaps some day I too will start my own shelf of doom. Which could be very possible because I have these long shelves in my bedroom that I just put misc items. Maybe clear a little bit of room up and start a collection so when people are in my room they go "WTH is all of that?" lol

paulky_2000 said:
Has anyone gotten confirmation yet on these? Mine is still in the Queue..

They should have did it a better way like ticketmaster or something so you know the same day If you got it or not.

I wrote to them the other day and this is my reply, so you may have all got in:

Thanks for your recent order of the 2009 Halloween Reserve. I just wanted
to confirm that we definitely have one for you! We are in the process of
perfecting these amazing reserves and hope to be shipping them out by the
end of the month. We generally wait to charge your card within 24 hours
of the shipping date. Please feel free to let me know if you have any
other questions.
FEEL ALIVE,
Kerri

They should do this before Halloween and ship them out so people have them on Halloween.

It's not like I'm going to eat it, just looking at it anyway... I can be patient on this one. If it were for consumption, I'd be very impatient by now!

I am beginning to believe these never existed......it's been nearly 5 weeks and I haven't heard a thing....

....has anyone?

And on a side note:

Dear William Hawkins,

Your order has been completed successfully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order id: #57524
Order date: 31-10-2009 08:31:51 AM
Tracking number: 1Z01730W0346551698
Products ordered
SKU Product Item price Quantity Total

SKU86 2009 Halloween Reserve $229.00 1 $229.00
Subtotal: $229.00
Shipping cost: $6.95

Total: $235.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FEEL ALIVE!
Extreme Food
Phone: 1-800-982-5247
Fax:
URL: www.extremefood.com

:woohoo:

I have finally been told that my order has been processed also, will have to check my bank now and see if it has come out yet. It will probably take ages to get here now that it is xmas time. I sure hope it doesn't get lost in the post. Paulky I like your shipping cost better than mine!

Back