• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

Might try to get some pics tomorrow. Got some fishing to do as I am getting the boat out for the first time this year. Got the carpet for the man cave coming Thursday and need to get some trim work done too.

In other news.......I GOT SOME BUDS COMING ON!!!! I'm going to be a daddy again lol

Nice you're getting buds on your chiles BD, we are here too. Are your overnight temps in the upper 20s and low 30s like they are here?

Went to bed last night around 8pm and the temp was in the 50s. Got up this morning about 345 and it was in the 40s. I think we are turning the corner, but I think there is some colderer weather coming in this week.

In other breaking news.....I got my limit of walleye in under 2 hours today. Went 10 for 11 with 7 keepers.

My OWs spent the night outside last night, for only the second time. They got rained on a bit, but the mix needed flushing anyway. Daytime temps in upper 60s, but the forecast still calls for mid-30s next week.

Nice catch. I renewed my boat registration last week. Now it's legal to sit unmoved in the yard for the next three years. Maybe I'll make time to take it out... would be nice to get a mess of crappie.

Edit: mid-30s for the lows.

Got some more pictures to update. Don't think I will do too many individual plants until plant out. Just too much pulling out and putting back in.

Ran out of picture room to post the picture of the new bud.

03-31-2013_001.JPG

03-31-2013_002.JPG

03-31-2013_003.JPG

03-31-2013_004.JPG

03-31-2013_005.JPG

03-31-2013_006.JPG

03-31-2013_007.JPG

03-31-2013_008.JPG

03-31-2013_009.JPG

03-31-2013_010.JPG

The one little stem on the left side in the next to last picture is the Hawaiian. Hoping that it puts out new leaves from the dead coty. Other peppers have done that this year, so I am hoping all is not lost yet.

The babies are Chenzo...they always seem to pop first. I know I should abort these, but the thought of an early chenzo omelet is hard to pass on.

03-31-2013_011.JPG

Yellow Cayenne peppers are popping. Lets see if they live. No helmet head or trouble getting coty out of straight potting mix.

03-31-2013_012.JPG

I think my chive seed was no good. Rest of herbs are popping

03-31-2013_013.JPG

Tomatoes are coming along.

03-31-2013_014.JPG

Came across some hibiscus pods I saved last year off some plants. Left the pods in my boat shop to finish doing their thing. Just planted about 20 seeds just to see what will happen. I have no idea on growing these things but I guess I will find out if I can get em out of the ground.

Your plants will be ready when the time...weather comes.
My tomatoes are around the same size as your flats. I know in 4 weeks they will be bigger than some of my peppers..

Growing the yellow cayenne like I normally would only got one seed to come up and it died. Throwing ten seeds into some soil and putting it under the grow light I now have 4 plants and two of those are ready to put out true leaves. I guess I was just loving them to death before lol.

Jeff, on the Hibiscus, it depends on if it's the tropical type or the hardy type. Here's a link that will explain the difference:

http://www.americanm.../hardy-hibiscus

My tomatoes look about the same size as yours right now. I need to try separating the sprouts this afternoon. More came up than I expected, so there's as many as 6 in one Root Riot plug!

I read somewhere that you need to score the bottom of the seed and look for white to know that the seed is good. The scoring also helps it to root and come up. That is way too much like work for me. If they come up, they come up. Thanks for the link, I have the hardy kind. Got a tree version too in the yard I think.

Growing fast, Bodeen! Chenzo coming along. Glad to hear the HSW might pull through. Yours are going to blow by mine when you get them in-ground, no question!

The plants are getting huge. ....nice

Will you have to pot up before the final plantout?
I'm waiting another week here then the plants get moved into 2 gal trades for a 2 week hardening off period. Next Wednesday only 27 deg and a chance for flurries. I'm putting together a couple of cold frames tomorrow, hoping to get past the hump next week and get a few plants out at a time.

Plants are looking stellar Bodeen! Hope your cotyless pulls through. The rest are about perfect! Good luck on the hibiscus.

Back