• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

Bodeen,
Those plants look real healthy, I've grown the Black Hungarian before, the pods go through an interesting color change. When the pods turn red the outer walls tend to thin out quickly. Decent tasting pods, low heat.

Chocolate Cayenne sounds interesting, and ofcourse the heat from the Chaguanas won't let you down. Those are nasty hot !

Just gave up two pepper plants for adoption to a woman at work that loves my salsa and is doing a small container garden on her deck. I actually looked at the peppers as I was driving and felt a sense of loss lol. I really do hope she takes care of them and doesn't plant them out too soon.

I know that feeling all too well...I've already gotten reports of some dead plants from the recipients of mine. Ughhh, you put so much time and effort into sprouting them and getting them ready. Hope yours found the right home!

One was a goliath jalapeno that isn't too sexy, but the red savina just looked so sexy with its leaves the way they are. Of course the woman was really excited to get them, darn near giddy. I think she will do them well, and she has me at work to bounce questions and conerns off of. I did ask for weekend visitation lol.

Got my plants out in the garage for a little bit of some filtered sunlight today. First trip out. The grow room is officially off and they will continue to harden until I plant them around the 20th. I like to shoot for the 15th, but this is still much better than last year.

Suppose to get in the 30s tonight and a low of 33 tomorrow night. Don't want to keep bringing them in and out of the house, so I made a HillBilly Greenhouse in the garage.

HillbillyGreenhouse.jpg

Came home after only 2 days of my fishing trip. A wet cold tent makes life miserable. The good news is I limited out on walleye both days, and now can do some other local things that I always miss out on when I am on this trip. Plus save some peppers.

Had a purple cayenne pepper drop off. Only about 3 inches long and not mature at all. It smelled like it had some heat but threw it in a omelet and found no heat at all.

My Aji Habanero are getting way too tall to support themselves. After doing some research on this I ran into some info on the Crystal. I think that will make the grow list next season.

Everything is in the gardens!!!  I am tired of digging holes I will tell you what..  I put the Habs, Japs, and Cayennes up front, along with a cajun belle and something else that escapes me right now.  All other peppers went in the back garden.

Three sunsugar tomatoes in the front, and three big daddy tomatoes in the front.  A row of super boy, a row of better boy, a row of amish paste, and a row split between big mama and opalka.

I believe the back garden has 67 hot peppers and 45 sweet peppers.  I had to fill in some of the last row of sweets with big bomb and cherry bomb, so it isn't all sweet.

2 of 3 rows of peppers in the front.

Pictures will follow sometime in the future lol

Ended up with 5 mystery plants.  I also have one pepper label assam on one side primo on the other.  Since my glog shows only one primo coming up and it is a weird looking plant, I am thinking this one to be assam.  Time will tell.  I will try to get some pictures today and get some of them resized to put up.

Bump.  Things are looking good!  Congratulations on getting those babies in the ground!  Actually, yours look more like teenagers.

BTW, you can post 10 pics at a time.

I thought I did post ten, 4 of them didn't come through lol.  They were really root bound, so I imagine they will take off now.

Bhut

Bhut.jpg

Big Bomb

BigBomb.jpg

Biggie Chile

BiggieChile.jpg

Bishop's Hat

Bishop.jpg

Purple Cayenne

Cayenne-Purple.jpg

Giant Cayenne

Cayenne-Red.jpg

Yellow Cayenne

Cayenne-Yellow.jpg

Chocolate Chaguanas I think, but it might be some other kind of chocolate

Chang-Choc.jpg

Chaguanas

Chang.jpg

Chenzo

Chenzo.jpg

Bump Please.  Last pics of the night though.

Back