• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

Out-Freakin'-standing BD! That's a heckuva lotta work done this weekend and they're all looking happy to be outside in the sun. I hope the weather co-operates and doesn't frost or shred your chiles! My kid sister in Eau Claire, WI was down in her basement with her daughter last night because of the tornado warnings... hope they bypass you...

Still no final count on peppers.  Working nights tonight then days in the morning so I won't have a chance until tomorrow afternoon. 

I try not to be too critical of them for about a week after I plant them out as they go through some pains after being extremely pot bound to have their roots teased.

I do have some black chenzo pods that are crying out for an omelet already.  I must admit though, I am eagerly awaiting the ripening of some red savina.  Those were so good last year.

Unfortunately the fatalii x savina seeds I harvested from a pod from MGOLD last year wouldn't germ.

I think it was finally time to get these in the garden. They should take off. Had a T storm come through last night. Lots of water, but no wind or damage.

PotBound.jpg

Overcast and drizzling today and looks like it might be an all day type of deal. Got a little bit of leaf scald going on a couple of the plants out there, and this will help. Some had the same thing last year and they grew out of it just fine so I am not worried.

Just eating maple seeds that have helicopter'd into the garden.

SquirrelSight.jpg

Bodeen,
You sure have a "smorgasbord" of varieties!
Nice work with the individual photos and labeling, take some mre when they're 3ft tall.
We just got hit with a good amount of rain, I can see a difference in growth in the potted plants since yesterday....more rain on the way...we needed it.

Bodeen. my friend!  Your plant outs look great!  
Both in quality and quantity   ;)   Looks like they
are enjoying being in the garden soil - not much
transplant shock visible at least to my eye.  The
roots are probably happy to be free, if roots can
be happy.

Keep up the good work, buddy!

Bodeen said:
Looks like there was no frost last night. 39 this morning. Hopefully this was the last cold day until late October!!!
I hear ya bro'... it's headed our way next. Saturday and Sunday night in the mid-upper 30's and then hopefully it'll pass on and we're done with cold.

Another cold one last night. Looks like this should be the last of it, but I still gotta check plants before work and wash if needed. Doesn't look like it frosted though.

Good luck to everyone in the same kind of situation!

Was on the lake too long today. Did catch 41 walleye, but only came home with 3 keepers, perch, bluegills, and a catfish for my mom.

Too tired to go out to the garden and snap pics. Plus it is chilly out here now. Hope it doesn't make me worry tonight.

Wow crazy variety! Tons of plants!..

You did great fantastic job raising those babies.

Interesting bumps around here...

Tomatoes are not liking this cold wet weather. Got some leaf curl going on. Hope I can bring them out of it. Just the paste tomatoes are suffering from this.

Got some more pics tonight. The peppers have had a rough two weeks in the ground with the cold, wet, and wind. And their first week was sunburn city.

They are starting to grow like weeds though, and with better weather they will take off.

Black Hungarian. Can't wait to give this one a try.

00BlackHung.jpg

Black and White Scorpion Tongues. Hopefully these are the real deal this season after having something else last year. They were hot last year, but consensus was undecided on what it was.

00BlackTongue.jpg

00WhiteTongue.jpg

I do believe I have the tags switched on these two purple plants lol

00PurpleJala.jpg

00PurpleCayenne.jpg

Butch T is doing better this year than it did last.

00Butch.jpg

Excited to see what this turns out to be. Chilhuacle

00Chiluale.jpg

Hope these turn out to be Chocolate Habanero.

00ChocHab.jpg

I have been waiting to try this pepper again since I had one in an omelet late last season and really enjoyed it. The Red Savina.

00RedSavina.jpg

Not a lot to look at yet, but soon they will be getting ahead of me.

Back