• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

Finally had my Congo Black omelet.  The heat all attacked the tongue.  It really had that, for lack of the right words, orange hab aftertaste.  Not a big fan of that taste at all.  The heat didn't stick around long, but hit right away.  Hopefully the regular Congo will have better flavor.

I am close to having a yellow scorp ripe, so that will be the next omelet.

Devv said:
Nice pull! You're doing way better than me with your supers, mine just flower and drop, except the one weird one..

Have a great weekend!

Hope your's start doing better for you.  I am already thinking about which ones I can try to OW and how many is too many to OW lol
Should my TS chocolates look like my Yellow TS or are there some that don't tail much?  Mine look more bhut that TS in my eyes

Been wanting to try this for some time.   Butterfly a chicken beast and stuff it with Goliath Jalapeno and cream cheese.  Roll it and stick in on the charcoal grill.

15358_10200606106145172_2002732205_n.jpg

Just came in from the garden and if all my Burgundy pods make, I will have a crap load.  They are sitting at a creamy white green color right now.

Made up some more powder today.  Dulce Rojo Paprika.  This stuff is awesome.  Hope the rest of the pods make on my plants.

In that in between mode right now.  Getting some pods every day, but not enough to go all out processing.  Won't be long though.

Chicken sounds great!

I get so many ideas from the glogs it's crazy. The wife impressed me this evening, she made chicken quesadilla, AND diced a Red Caribbean to put on it....I say success!

I hope the weather holds for you, not an issue here for quite a while. But it was only 93 today, felt cool compared to 100, was out watering and wasn't soaked when I came in.....hope that's a trend!

Have a great week!

Devv said:
Chicken sounds great!

I get so many ideas from the glogs it's crazy. The wife impressed me this evening, she made chicken quesadilla, AND diced a Red Caribbean to put on it....I say success!

I hope the weather holds for you, not an issue here for quite a while. But it was only 93 today, felt cool compared to 100, was out watering and wasn't soaked when I came in.....hope that's a trend!

Have a great week!

You say the chicken sounds great....didn't the image show up?

Chicken looks great too Jeffry. 

I am a big fan of mixing peppers for powder . Like a annuum with a chinese to get that overall perfect heat and flavor. But if you have enough of each to make there own powder I would do that. That way you can get a good sense of the dried flavor of each then combine the right ones to make the perfect spice. 

Devv said:
Chicken sounds great!

Have a great week!
Tell me your secret :lol: How do I make her do that :D

Finally got a Jonah and a BB Jonah ripe.  Some more Yellow TS are ripe, so I see a hot omelet for breakfast tomorrow.

How come the TS pods are so varied?  The TS Green all look pretty consistent.  If I save seeds from the best shaped pods, will that give me a better shot at having more consistency next season?

820Harvest.jpg

I saw the chicken, but your description of how you made it sounds like a really tasty dish.

Are all the TS pods different or are those the first few? If that's the case it may be why they have the different shapes.

Love the omelet!

Pods, pics and foodie all look awesome. Looking and reading has gotten me so hungry that I’m running off to cook dinner early, lol. That batch of chocolate Cayenne powder looks awesome, great job! I can’t wait to have enough chocolates to add to my chocolate Scorpion powder.

Great job on everything, keep it all up and as Scott said, I love dat description :)

Devv said:
I saw the chicken, but your description of how you made it sounds like a really tasty dish.

Are all the TS pods different or are those the first few? If that's the case it may be why they have the different shapes.

Love the omelet!

WalkGood said:
Pods, pics and foodie all look awesome. Looking and reading has gotten me so hungry that I’m running off to cook dinner early, lol. That batch of chocolate Cayenne powder looks awesome, great job! I can’t wait to have enough chocolates to add to my chocolate Scorpion powder.

Great job on everything, keep it all up and as Scott said, I love dat description :)

The normal looking TS Yellows were the first ones.  Now the rest don't have the classic stinger look to them on this plant.

On the chicken breasts, the rolled chicken is supposed to be wrapped in bacon   :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:

Hope these chocolate habanero pods make it.  

821chochab.jpg

Aji Habanero is doing well.

821ajihab.jpg

Peach Hab is also kicking out pods

821peachab.jpg

Not sure why the red habs are always smaller.

821redhab.jpg

White habs are loaded again this year.

821whitehab.jpg

Yellow Habs are doing well also.

821yellhab.jpg

Hope my sweet hot gets some ripe ones.

821sweethot.jpg

Rain forest has some nice shaped pods

821rainforest.jpg

Condor is starting to turn

821condor.jpg

All three of my burgundy plants are loaded.

8217potburg.jpg

Back