• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

The helmet came off the 7 Pot Chocolate, so if the plant comes out of it, I will be 3 for 3 on that. 2 Jamaican Yellows up, one with a helmet. 1 White Habanero up. Got a White Scorpion Tongue wanting to pop.

With this season shaping up like last years weather, I think I may wait to start the next batch of seeds until I get the seeds from pick a peck.

Got two TS Greens ready to bust loose and one yellow bhut ready to do the same. I am thinking by the weekend's end I should have a lot of hooks.

Red bhuts that I started in the towel to germ on the 29th have roots going down, so they went into the root riot. Had three that were dropping root, so that is the ones I planted. Exactly how many I wanted too :)

The one helmet head that dropped off the 7 pot chocolate is coming around now. Looks like a choc hab is coming too. Not posting any pics cause I am close to my Internet limit and the new month starts the 11th for me lol. Hope things continue to pop.

Keeping a consistent 80 degrees in there. Wonder if I should go a tad warmer for a little faster germination?

The dome on my germination tray is condensing the water vapor and it is dropping all on one row of my tray. Had to spin the tray around to see if that helps that. Added a little bottom water to help the plugs stay damp, top misting just isn't cutting it. One week in and my germination isn't as well as I had hoped it would be. These are all my supers, so they will be slower than the rest....but I am a bit IMPATIENT!!!!! :)

The black tongue that I put in towel has one seed rooting, I stuck it in a plug this morning. The red bhut I forgot to plant and stuck in towels on 1/29, I planted 3 of them and now one is up. I also have a choc hab trying to poke his head out too.

Hope those 7s start to pop this week or I will start to worry lol.

A helmet head on a Jamaican Yellow had the outer seed shell fall off, but the inner one stayed on. Hope it can bust through that okay. Busy fussing with the water worried parts are too wet, parts are too dry. Need to just let it be I think lol.

Wondering if there is anyone with a battery back up system to their germ lights? Just lost power here and that got me wondering. Got the heat blankets all the way down to try to maintain the temp.

Got some pictures I can put up now. The last picture will be of the one which lost the outer helmet, but not the inner. I do have a Moruga popping up, The other two red bhuts, the other black tongue, choc and orange hab, 7 pot burgandy trying to hook, Two TS starting to hook,

02-11-2012_01.jpg

02-11-2012_02.jpg

02-11-2012_03.jpg

02-11-2012_04.jpg

Let the madness begin. All peppers are planted except the Biker Billy that I can't find my seed for. If I get some, I will plant them as soon as I do since I am still 2 weeks ahead of last year's timeline.

Peppers planted today

1 Chenzo
1 Cajun Belle
2 Biggie Chile
3 Cherry Bomb
3 Big Bomb
4 Budapest
1 Datil
2 Serrano Tamp
1 Black Hungarian
1 Czech Black
1 Rain Forest
1 Hawaiian Sweet Hot
1 Orange Peter
1 Tepin
1 Donne Sali
1 Fatalii X Red Savina
1 Fatalii
1 Fish
1 Bishop's Hat
1 Lemon Drop
1 Paper Lantern
1 Cascabella
3 Red Savina, 1 for woman at work
1 Santa Fe
1 Thai
1 Purple Cayenne
1 Grande Red Cayenne
1 Yellow Cayenne
1 Orange Cayenne
6 Chocolate Cayenne
1 AJi Yellow
1 Aji Chinchi
1 Aji Dulce #2
3 7 Pod Primo
3 7 Pod Jonah
3 Billy Boy Jonah
1 Trinidad Black
1 Congo Trinidad
1 Yellow Cardi Scorpion
1 Costino Amarillo
1 Chilhuacle Negro
1 Condor's Beak
1 Cyklon
1 Scotch Bonnet
2 Goliath Jalapeno 1 for woman at work
1 Yellow Jalapeno
1 Purple Jalapeno

Got two spots open in that tray, so I need to dig through my seeds I didn't plant and see if I want to add a pepper or two.

4 Sweet Goliath
4 Douce Esp.
4 Atris
4 Aruba
3 Lipstick
3 Orange Lipstick
4 La Rouge
7 Jimmy, 4 for ex
4 Golden Treasure
1 Mini Bell Red
2 Aji Habanero
2 Trinidad Perfume
2 Georgia Flame
2 Feherozon
2 Marconi, Patio Red
2 Tequila Sunrise
2 Dulce Rojo

Lots of room here to try other peppers if I feel the need.

It would figure that the seed I would drop would be an orange habanero

02-17-2013_01.jpg

Got some true leaves now.

02-17-2013_02.jpg

The trays under lights

02-17-2013_03.jpg

02-17-2013_04.jpg

Trying a half tray on top of the small table. It germinates seeds in ziplocks on top of a towel, so hopefully this will work too.

02-17-2013_05.jpg

Very nice growlist, Jeff! Looks like you've got all the bases covered, sweet, superhot, and everything in between!

Here's hoping everything pops up quickly for you.

Woohoo. Get them popping.
Very nice growlist, Jeff! Looks like you've got all the bases covered, sweet, superhot, and everything in between!

Here's hoping everything pops up quickly for you.

Lets hope they get to popping. Don't know how long I give the supers that aren't up a chance before I investigate them further. At least I know I can zip lock them and get a rush on germination so I won't be too far behind schedule. Currently two weeks up on today's planting and 4 weeks ahead on everything else.

I just went with what came up last year as it was experimental year 1. This year what I planted I wanted to hit the garden. Thought about using more than one seed per cell, but didn't know how that would play out in these Root Riots.

Thought I lost a chocolate hab that I had just moved out from under the dome. Turns out it was needing some water. Not liking these plugs when they are without a dome. They tend to lose water in the worst way.

Started bottom watering some again on them. I might have to leave them under the dome until they need potted up.

Nice list! Glad to see the germination begin. The rooters do need to be watered somewhat frequently when out of the dome, like every other day for me. And you talked me into it, I ordered some Jimmys and sowed them. Of course, Pepperlover.com had to throw in a freebie I couldn't resist, Giant Jalapeno. So now I have two more added to my list, thanks to you. ;)

Seriously though, good luck with your grow...but I doubt you need it!

Back