• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food BREAKFAST!!!

1471810_10202900896987821_6227782480195511642_n.jpg

I came for that, and all I got was this epic white russian for breakfast ...

I refrained from mentioning it in my reply to the Rellenos so as to not introduce any controversy, but now I'm saying it because I'm positive I'm seeing new compositional value in your pictures ...

Managing your lines and horizons and white balancing and I think I saw a trend towards the rule of thirds ...

The PIC1 effect is in full swing around here - PK and JT's photos are way improved of late too ...

I know smartphones are improving and all, but it's more than that ...

That picture was taken with a Kodak Z990 set on "Auto". Point and shoot. Bam!

Same camera I've been using for 5 years. The relleno TD was with iDevices to keep it a level playing field (no photographic advantage).

How many times will I have to note the improvement in people's pictures when they use their real camera before I get off my ass and pull mine out of the cabinet? ...

Maybe I can make it half-way convenient w/ an Eye-Fi card ... the main reason I don't use my real gear is because of the file maintenance/copying/lack of built-in "social web" support etc ...

Hmmm ... Imma get up right now and pull it out ...

This. Minute.

grantmichaels said:
I came for that, and all I got was this epic white russian for breakfast ...

I refrained from mentioning it in my reply to the Rellenos so as to not introduce any controversy, but now I'm saying it because I'm positive I'm seeing new compositional value in your pictures ...

Managing your lines and horizons and white balancing and I think I saw a trend towards the rule of thirds ...

The PIC1 effect is in full swing around here - PK and JT's photos are way improved of late too ...

I know smartphones are improving and all, but it's more than that ...

Kind of like DVDs, Blue-Rays, and whatever comes next.....

I refuse to buy another camera till they can promise me it won't be antiquated by the time I take my first picture......

;)

Breakfast was looking good until you capped it with a pitcher of lye soup.

How far do you live from a store, anyway???

Go get some cheese dammitt!!!

sicman said:
That looks good. Are thos your girls "famous" scrambles?  

Scov, I think there may be cheese in the eggs??

Oh and whats up with the major woody the Gnome is sporting? :rofl:

post-6343-14189424292539_thumb.jpg

The inscription says "say hello to my little friend" ...

grant let's see a breakfast pizza I know you got all the goods.....  :P

How did you get in my head? - I literally told D last night I would have to do a giant egg mcmuffin breakfast pizza while I was washing the egg rings I picked up for griddle-action ... the dough we're making is a bit of a sourdough + corn flour balls, add some canadian bacon and ... sounds excellent!

Had some leftover ham from Thanksgiving so I put it to good use.  The bread is a light, airy yellow bohemian bread from a local bakery.  Eggs and ham were sprinkled generously with ground chipotle.  Threw in some muenster cheese for good measure.  The money shot is a bit blurry.  I'm a bad one-handed picture-taker.

2014-11-30 12.30.37.jpg

2014-11-30 12.33.06.jpg

2014-11-30 12.35.17.jpg

2014-11-30 12.40.23.jpg

Happy new years everyone.

Back