• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food BREAKFAST!!!

I like the cross, nice touch ...

But it's one of those Brooklyn Kettle one's from the freezer section ...

Only place I've *ever* seen those green seeds in there!!!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Sorry to hear that...oh the pork you missed :(

#reform ... didn't miss any pork ... trust.

only thing i missed was every fucking sunday morning that i spent in dress clothes ...

it's ok, though ... now i work in my boxers ;)

grantmichaels said:

btw, everything you see on top is from our seasoning, everything bagel has its seasonings hidden on bottom ;) 
grantmichaels said:

#reform ... didn't miss any pork ... trust.

only thing i missed was every f**king sunday morning that i spent in dress clothes ...

it's ok, though ... now i work in my boxers ;)
Boxers are over rated for work.....birthday suits!

I *still* think I know that bagel ...

Nothing wrong w/ a frozen bagel on Wednesday ...

But on Saturday or Sunday morning, well, then we have a problem sir!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424922611.239684.jpg

EDIT: I'm LOL because I thought we were in the DC thread because I posted breakfast there tonight and I got my threads mixes up ... oops.

Carry on.

SumOfMyBits said:
Be. Bendy.

Imma hafta make some up-all-night sheeeit in a little hhhhwhile ...

I think there's only two eggs, but I know I have cottage ham from the Amish's ;)

I know I have the waffle plates for the griddler ... somewhere ...

FreeportBum said:
Color and flavor

FreeportBum said:
For us early season sap is always lighter, later season is darker. Also depends on how long you boil it. Later season sap needs to be boiled longer and gets the darker color, it's even healthier for you then early season sap. it has a deeper richer maple flavor,not for everyone. But think taking you normal grade a and reducing it down. I'm not an expert by any means my father is retired and has 75 acres with a bunch of sugar maple trees, he makes it as a hobby and sells the extra at farmers markets.

Picked up some of this and wow!

green_wind_farm_grade_b_maple_syrup.jpg

It is definitely maple-ier, and to me, a bit buttery, whereas A is cleaner. You know that "pancake syrup" they sell, the fake stuff, that has that buttery flavor? This is more like that! It's thicker and richer.

I can see myself going back to A though for that cleaner taste, this can get a bit rich. I just had pumpkin pancakes with grade B. But wow! Great flavors!

It's going to depend on what I use it on. If it is super sweet already, or rich, I'm going for the A. If it needs a boost, I'm going for the B.

It was really good on silver dollars the other night!

You will find in maple syrup that the flavor of same grades will differ depending on where it was made and by who it was made also. Like cheese,beer,wine , etc. the stuff I use doesn't have any of that buttery flavor,like the fake stuff. It's more like reducing grade a by simmering. Has a stronger maple flavor with a smokines that's almost like a burnt flavor but in a good way. The again my old man likes to drink and could have burnt it..haha

Defintely buttery. There's even some frothy microbubbles atop.

The back says: "Still single source maple syrup. Still gather about 1/4 of our taps with horses. Still boil with wood. Caught up with the times and use a reverse osmosis machine, but run it low - 7% - for long boiling time and rich maple flavor."

I want to try their grade A. Like you said, all are different.

It is definitely not smoky, and I've read that comes from poor ventilation during the cooking process.

I've had Camp brand that has a bit of that, and I did not like it. Also Camp is the only brand that has gone bad on me. With mold sitting on top of the syrup.

The Hot Pepper said:
Defintely buttery. There's even some frothy microbubbles atop.

The back says: "Still single source maple syrup. Still gather about 1/4 of our taps with horses. Still boil with wood. Caught up with the times and use a reverse osmosis machine, but run it low - 7% - for long boiling time and rich maple flavor."

I want to try their grade A. Like you said, all are different.

It is definitely not smoky, and I've read that comes from poor ventilation during the cooking process.

I've had Camp brand that has a bit of that, and I did not like it. Also Camp is the only brand that has gone bad on me. With mold sitting on top of the syrup.

The smoky aspect of the Mrs. Buttersworth is what makes it pair so heavenly w/ JHP's Caribbean Chocolate ...

If you like smoky try Benito's Chipotle Maple Syrup. I like that smoky. But not a funky burnt taste which can happen with real maple syrup. Butterworth's, not familiar, but it's a mass-produced non-maple, so they have more quality control and it's some sort of flavoring agent that is either smoke, or something you find smoky. So not an off taste.

Nothing but awesome. That is "sicman" worthy. I would "sicman" those bad boys and make the cats run out of the barn.

Biscuits look good but what the hell happened to those eggs?

I'll take Danielle's, on those biscuits. ;)

Back