• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

BREAKFAST!!!

I was looking for a breakfast thread and never found one that seemed open-ended enough to post on. So here y'all go!

Posty up your breakfast if you like, even if it's cold leftover pizza.

No time for words? No problem. Show us your awesome yellowish cell phone camera pic. No obligation to write out a recipe here if you don't want to.

Forgot to take a picture until halfway through the meal? Perfect! Selfie photo-op.

Whoops! You made brunch instead? That's cool... it counts.

I'll go first with a take on a Cuban breakfast called Huevos Habaneros. It means Havana Eggs, but it's not made with Habaneros. In fact, it's not traditionally spicy hot. (Cuban meals typically aren't.) So, I had to SoFlo it up a bit and call it something different.

Huevos SoFlo

12696616545_24ec2f99e5_b.jpg

These are eggs baked over sofrito with butter on top in a custard cup for about 12 minutes at 375 F (yolks are still a bit runny). Then topped with more sofrito and garnished with some cayenne powder, but sofrito isn't spicy hot either. So...

Sofrito Caliente

(Enough for one serving)

1/4 cup chopped onion
1 Fresno pepper (cored and chopped)
1 green jalapeno (cored and chopped)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup peeled, cored, chopped tomato
olive oil for sauteing

Saute the onion and peppers till the onion is translucent. Then add the garlic and cumin for a minute more. Then toss in the tomato for another minute or two. Salt and black pepper to taste.

Do it up y'all!

Let's see what breaks your fast.

FreeportBum said:
Thanks, I have about a 12 pack worth of lawn I mow and it could really use some rain. really dry here and the lawn shows it.  
Pic says otherwise, looks great!  They are forgiving though, and bounce back incredibly well.  We really struggle to keep ours going in mid summer, without the watering system they'd be crispy in summer with weeks after weeks over 95F.  

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
I guess so...
:mope:

I tried sending him a PM about purchasing his sauce, but got no response.

Well, the only thing that I can think to share with you is that in my case, the currency wasn't money - SF was kind enough to send me his sauces to check out, for some reason.

I didn't ask him why he offered to send them, I'm just enjoying them =) ...

There's a number of folks who have very tasty, limited offerings that become somewhat legendary - buddy's taco sauce, SoFlo man gravy and/or picklese, RocketMan's Haba-Peno come to mind right now (because I just had habanero tonight) ...

They all have one thing in common ... they come when they come - but, in a good way.

cypresshill1973 said:
Sometimes I see to you posted at any hours... 3am, 4am for example.

I thought only that you suffered from insomnia :P

No insomnia ... I sleep like a rock ...

I do tend to cast aside "business hours" and work long stretches, though ... A 20 hr work run isn't uncommong for me, I usually do that twice a week, and then manage another 30-45 hrs beyond that ...

grantmichaels said:

grantmichaels said:
the sauce picks you =)

grantmichaels said:

SmokenFire said:
I gotcha GiP ;)

Broke my fast with this today:

710ny8.jpg
all these breakfast pics and talk, :dance:
and I just had to have breakfast for lunch too  :P

Eggs, Bacon,last of the Bread, Avocado, Asiago, my attempt at something almost resembling Crema de Aji
(Aji amarillo powder,yellow 7 pod powder, sour cream, heavy cream, garlic powder, pinch of salt, splash of pineapple juice blended, then used as spread)

added a fresh tomato  :)

Breakfast  :dance: 

grantmichaels said:

No insomnia ... I sleep like a rock ...

I do tend to cast aside "business hours" and work long stretches, though ... A 20 hr work run isn't uncommong for me, I usually do that twice a week, and then manage another 30-45 hrs beyond that ...

I know you work very hard, and demands more your body(it's no good).  I already read many times

I was only joking.  I'm have a bit humor ;)

Back