• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

BREAKFAST!!!

I was looking for a breakfast thread and never found one that seemed open-ended enough to post on. So here y'all go!

Posty up your breakfast if you like, even if it's cold leftover pizza.

No time for words? No problem. Show us your awesome yellowish cell phone camera pic. No obligation to write out a recipe here if you don't want to.

Forgot to take a picture until halfway through the meal? Perfect! Selfie photo-op.

Whoops! You made brunch instead? That's cool... it counts.

I'll go first with a take on a Cuban breakfast called Huevos Habaneros. It means Havana Eggs, but it's not made with Habaneros. In fact, it's not traditionally spicy hot. (Cuban meals typically aren't.) So, I had to SoFlo it up a bit and call it something different.

Huevos SoFlo

12696616545_24ec2f99e5_b.jpg

These are eggs baked over sofrito with butter on top in a custard cup for about 12 minutes at 375 F (yolks are still a bit runny). Then topped with more sofrito and garnished with some cayenne powder, but sofrito isn't spicy hot either. So...

Sofrito Caliente

(Enough for one serving)

1/4 cup chopped onion
1 Fresno pepper (cored and chopped)
1 green jalapeno (cored and chopped)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup peeled, cored, chopped tomato
olive oil for sauteing

Saute the onion and peppers till the onion is translucent. Then add the garlic and cumin for a minute more. Then toss in the tomato for another minute or two. Salt and black pepper to taste.

Do it up y'all!

Let's see what breaks your fast.

Deathtosnails said:
Scrambled eggs with bacon, sharp cheddar, scotch bonnet sauce and rocket (aragula) on a turkish roll

Pre sauce

P8082634_zpsbvy7kgqe.jpg

Post sauce

P8082638_zpsruontkk6.jpg
DTS that looks DELICIOUS!!
Oh yes, it is truffle day.  Once a year we buy a nice knob of local black truffle in season, pack it in with some eggs for a week so the flavour goes right through them.  Some of these are going into a breakfast frittata now.

IMG_0903.jpg

Great way to start the day JHP.  I like your champagne glasses too, and even more your taste in champagne!  Special occasion?

Have mercy.

This thread is really startin' to rock.

DTS rockin the bacon egg scheeze sammich.

And taunts us with arugula.  :high:

Bumper whips out a truffle straight out of his gourmet ball sac for brown egg destruction and mayhem.

But doesn't follow with pics.  :mope:

And then Chris tag teams some Moet mimosas and other happinessessess.

Well done senor but I much prefer Clicquot.

Holy crap.

That reminds me I haven't been to a proper Alaskan brunch in 25 years.

Capt. Cook  in Anchorage was epic back in the day.

But I'll take Gwennie's any day of the week.

The sheeit.

http://gwenniesrestaurant.com/

texas blues said:
Have mercy.

This thread is really startin' to rock.

DTS rockin the bacon egg scheeze sammich.

And taunts us with arugula.  :high:

Bumper whips out a truffle straight out of his gourmet ball sac for brown egg destruction and mayhem.

But doesn't follow with pics.  :mope:

And then Chris tag teams some Moet mimosas and other happinessessess.

Well done senor but I much prefer Clicquot.

Holy crap.

That reminds me I haven't been to a proper Alaskan brunch in 25 years.

Capt. Cook  in Anchorage was epic back in the day.

But I'll take Gwennie's any day of the week.

The sheeit.

http://gwenniesrestaurant.com/
Lol - I  will redeem myself with truffle carbonara this evening! 

Looks good to me, as well ... and I wouldn't have thought about it being broken, personally ... probably because I'm Ign'ant to the def of fritatta ...

Breakfast with Dee Roo:

Fresh sauteed Peppers, Shallots, and Garlic
(Trinidad Congo, Farmers Jalapeno, and Trinidad Perfume peppers)

3 Eggs over fried Pepperoni 's (I'm out of bacon :cry: ) dusted with Dee Roo Green Machine powder, Avocado dusted with Dee Roo Tail of the Comet, served with  sauteed Peppers,Blackbeans, fresh warm Tortillas, and fresh yellow pear, and sungold tomatos

and 

a pic from this morning of the Pods in my garden that I am the most excited about:  :dance:

Back