Brito's Pepper Plantation

Yes, there are many different colors, I like to analyze the many details of every species flowers from peppers.
See these flowers below, are from that two ripe Rocoto pods that I posted earlier.
It will not take long for you to understand the differences, just keep walking.
Take care :cool: :)

RED-ROCOTO.jpg

RED ROCOTO FLOWER

RED-ROCOTO-2.jpg

RED ROCOTO FLOWER other specie.

Chris,
As I told you last time, I do not know any name of my Rocotos, I am just looking for someone who knows :D
Fortunately, I can give you a view of the pod from that one flower on top :)

RED-ROCOTO-1.jpg

It is very heavy, has accurate 0.11 pound, no empty spaces inside.
The flavor is delicious and the burning is more or less about 50% more than a jalapeno.
Hope you like it, take care :cool: :)

Those are beautiful, Brito. Very thick flesh. I am hoping to try my first rocoto this year hopefully. Started them too late and too hot right now to set, so hopefully in the fall.

jacob

Jacob my friend if you want to plant, do not wait too long.
See, these were planted in the summer and you know that our summer is very hot.
Despite this rocoto are originally from a cold region of Peru, it develops very well in Brazil hot environment.
Take care my friend :cool: :)

Maligator my friend
I agree with you that they look like tomatoes due to thick flesh.
And I also agree that they are very tasty.
Everyone can enjoy because it is neither an atomic.
take care :cool: :)

Hey there Brito.
Loved the pics of the flowers you posted. Awesome detail.
I never tasted any Rocoto, can you describe what it tastes like? From the picture you posted with all the fruit cutted in half they almost look like tomatoes.
My Rocoto Red just sprouted so I'm about 1 year away to taste for myself.

Portuguese now...

Oi Brito.
Adorei as fotos das flores que você postou. Têm um detalhe fantastico.
Nunca provei nenhum tipo de Rocoto, você consegue descrever o sabor? Na foto com os frutos cortados ao meio eles quase que parecem tomates.
A minha mudinha de Rocoto Red acabou de nascer portanto devo estar a 1 ano de distancia de provar por mim mesmo.

Abraço

Bleash

Brito,

I was not sure if these were the Rocoto varieties you asked for identification on before. I'm sorry. I still am not sure of the variety, but they look excellent and I'm amazed you can get these yields in Brazil. I thought this variety liked cooler weather. I am starting to believe genetics of various Pubescens make them more likely to set pods in warmer climates than others. I see this with the varieties I've grown. Some set lots of pods, others hardly any. Same soil, same temps, same everything.

Definitely save seeds of that one. it looks like a winner! I ask too because the flower has more white in it. That's the attribute of the Pubescens I grow that seems to set pods when others do not. The mystery continues....

Chris

Hi Bleash,
Rocoto is not an atomic pepper.
it tastes better than burnt, imagine a Jalapenõ with a little more burnt :cool: :)

Olá Bleash,
Rocoto não é uma pimenta atômica.
ela é mais saborosa do que ardida, imagine uma Jalapenõ com um pouco mais ardida :cool: :)

Take care my friend :cool: :)

Hi Chris,
Yes, they are the same varieties that I posted to identify the names.
fortunately I've got a good production and large pods even though they are originally from a cold region.
These lighter flowers, has produced many fruits like tomatoes as you can see from the picture above and they are more round than the other darker flowers.
I do not understand why your rocoto brighter flowers, do not produce pods.
This sure is a mystery of nature. :cool: :)

Hi siling,
Yes guy, I had this idea for drying this Rocoto Peppers some time ago but, I did not have time yet :lol:
About Rocoto seeds, all of them have black seeds, it does not matter the color of the pods :)
Take care :cool: :)

Hi Siling,
Yes, you did good research,
Extracted from the internet and translated in Google:
(Capsicum pubescens)
(Burning: above 70,000 Scoville)
Capsicum pubescens is a pepper with fruits of medium size, common in Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Ecuador. As the region is locally known as rocoto (in Quechua) or locoto (in Aymara).
The term derives from the word rocoto Hispanic Andean rocin, meaning draft horse. And indeed, the fruits of pepper resemble the drawing of a horse's head. It has another name by which it is known: pepper-horse. In Mexico, it is also known as chili-pepper-like pear and apple. Its fruit, rounded, resembling a cherry when they are small, and an apple, to become great. Once mature, take the yellow, red or orange. The bush that gives rise to it grows by more than ten years and becomes so broad that in some places, is called tree pepper. The rocoto is the only one pepper whose seeds are black.
Here in Brazil where I'm planting rocoto, the temperature in winter is between 10-28 degrees Celsius and between 25-45 degrees Celsius in summer.
As you can see, I have no problem with the weather :cool:
take care :) :cool:

Back